Maghoma

Will probably get negged all over for this but anyway. Maghoma is a very good footballer. He is intelligent and creates space for others. Just because he doesn't sprint past defenders and dribbles aimlessly lots of our fans won't realise what he offers. He is clever in possession and rarely gives it away. He cuts inside allowing Mattock the space to receive the ball and put in some quality crosses (because he has more time to do so). It also allows the likes of May to run the channels and create space for him, unfortunately today there was a lack of forward running from centre midfield and that doesn't help play to his strengths to release the ball and play clever give and go's around the box.

Like I said I will get slated but people who have played football at a decent level will realise what he offers on a consistent basis even if he isn't getting goals and assist. He contributes hugely to our style of play. Anybody doubting this ask yourself why is it that Gray wanted him as a starter.....

Talented player, with lessons to learn

Already a huge step up on utter garbage like JJ and others we've had before him, just needs to calm down a bit and learn that he doesn't have to beat everybody, sometimes the easy option is the best one

He'll get it, no doubt about it for me, he's a good player

Barman, a pint of what he's having please!!! lol

Will probably get negged all over for this but anyway. Maghoma is a very good footballer. He is intelligent and creates space for others. Just because he doesn't sprint past defenders and dribbles aimlessly lots of our fans won't realise what he offers. He is clever in possession and rarely gives it away. He cuts inside allowing Mattock the space to receive the ball and put in some quality crosses (because he has more time to do so). It also allows the likes of May to run the channels and create space for him, unfortunately today there was a lack of forward running from centre midfield and that doesn't help play to his strengths to release the ball and play clever give and go's around the box.

Like I said I will get slated but people who have played football at a decent level will realise what he offers on a consistent basis even if he isn't getting goals and assist. He contributes hugely to our style of play. Anybody doubting this ask yourself why is it that Gray wanted him as a starter.....

And two more pints of what this poster who has played to a "higher level" " Brian the blunt" please barman.

God im in for a good night.

And two more pints of what this poster who has played to a "higher level" " Brian the blunt" please barman.

God im in for a good night.

Yet no valid argument. N I definitely can't drink anymore after tonight. Honestly most fans see what players directly contribute in a game and don't realise what they do for players round them (creating space, tracking back, closing down, intelligent running etc). It's not all about running like a headless chicken. Each to their own opinion and I think he is a good intelligent player who will continue to improve

Double up on him??? Behave, you don't need to double up on Maghoma you can read him like a book.

You either didn't watch the game or you're just blindly criticising Maghoma

Watch the game back

Every time he got the ball Burke made a point of sprinting over to him and doubling up on him. No doubt in my mind that they saw him as one of our biggest threats and made sure they kept him quiet. It's either the spare striker or one of the midfielders jobs to go into the space that he was creating.

Should of took him off insyead of maguire . For hallam ..

Why? Maguire was the worst player on the pitch today, every single time he touched the ball he gave it away

More fashionable to criticise Maghoma though I suppose

Make or break season for him in the Championship. Been average so far. Agree with comments about taking people on but we hardly ever do it on the right side either (ball is often crossed from deep by Maguire or Palmer).

Need a winger on loan to offer us some crossing threat, along with a midfielder who can pick out a pass.

Unless he's viewed as a bad egg we need someone like Chris eagles out wide who can take people on. I've seen him tare us a new a hole a couple of times.

I think maghoma is a good player he just needs to make the defender guess whether he's going inside or outside

Guest tha_knows

Yet no valid argument. N I definitely can't drink anymore after tonight. Honestly most fans see what players directly contribute in a game and don't realise what they do for players round them (creating space, tracking back, closing down, intelligent running etc). It's not all about running like a headless chicken. Each to their own opinion and I think he is a good intelligent player who will continue to improve

Closing down and tracking back? Haha right ok, Maghoma does neither of those.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Why? Maguire was the worst player on the pitch today, every single time he touched the ball he gave it away

More fashionable to criticise Maghoma though I suppose

I thought Maguire was one of our best players. Did a great job on Micky.

Guest Big Guns

Why does Maghoma get the ball hold it, hold it and then lose it? His decision making at times is awful.

Also he gets the ball from Mattock, he has a defender up his ass, he passes it back to Mattock and just stands there, why doesn't he run down the line for the ball over the top?

It must be a boring life constantly wumming