Blackburn needing funds. Could this pave the way for Ben10?

Guest conisbrough

Spoke to a Blackburn fan this morningwho went to game last night asked about Marshall. Said team were very poor said Marshall looked to lack fitness an reckons he has not fully recovered from ligaent damage he suffered early in year..

Marshall did fantastic for us in League 1 and I thought he would go on and become a top player but since then has not progressed. Think fans have to realise what was good 2 years ago is not always correct to go for today. Good eample Billy Sharp did marvellous for Donny all fans were excited when he came back but was let down in he was only a shadow of player he had been when previouslyplaying for them.

Gray seems to get best out of players but he even he hashis limits.

Can't help but think his boat has sailed. If we had got him on a permanent deal after his initial loan period I think he would have done well for us. The transfer fee needed to get him on a permanent deal now I don't think we have got it and if we have I think SG will have other targets in mind.

didn't seem to settle at leicester ( and not suprised if the crowd were chanting this ) despite scoring some good goals, not had a chance at blackburn think he'd be a great signing

My word that is terrible.

Nearly as bad as the darts one for him that the band tried to inflict on us.

Edited by Saxondale

Jesus, there are some fickle barstewards on here. Last week people had such a lob-on for Marshall that you could tell their religion just by looking at their trousers, now all of a sudden he's become not good enough? 

Christ, take a look at yourselves

Marshall's record suggests that he struggles above League One.

Stoke didn't see enough to keep him on, he did little at Leicester except score a cracker against us, and has done nothing at Blackburn.

But he was great for us, in league one, and for Carlisle.

Granted that players underperform if they are unhappy and maybe his Blackburn performances have suffered from injury.

I'd love to see him back. He would offer something we are lacking and could bring out the best in Madine and May. But it would be a risk so I wouldn't spend much of our limited funds trying to get him.

Marshall's record suggests that he struggles above League One.

Stoke didn't see enough to keep him on, he did little at Leicester except score a cracker against us, and has done nothing at Blackburn.

But he was great for us, in league one, and for Carlisle.

Granted that players underperform if they are unhappy and maybe his Blackburn performances have suffered from injury.

I'd love to see him back. He would offer something we are lacking and could bring out the best in Madine and May. But it would be a risk so I wouldn't spend much of our limited funds trying to get him.

These are my thoughts exactly

At the end of the day if Marshall had hit the ground running at Leicester he wouldn't have ended up at Blackburn, and if he was a first team regular for them there would be zero chance of him coming back here.

Like it or lump it, any player we sign from a Championship rival is going to be one they deem not good enough or otherwise not in their plans. Very few clubs at this level have the luxury to pick and choose from the best of the division. Even those with money, for the most part.

Marshall being deemed surplus to requirements at Blackburn is NO indication of his ability to do a job for us here.

I don't think being moved on by Leicester was only related to his performances, but Pearson favouring more energetic/dynamic wingers. And few Blackburn fans I know, and a glimpse at their forum, seemed to suggest that they were largely happy with what he'd been doing there. So I don't think it's right to suggest Championship is a level above him. Presume a season long loan, with loan fee to satisfy Blackburn, would suit us best, but likely Blackburn are looking for a permanent, if they need to move someone on for sake of their budget. 

We don't have the money to buy players championship teams want to keep. So the chances are everyone we go for is going to either be surplus to requirements, or not in favour.

The way Gray has turned around the likes of coke, lee, maguire, maghoma, Helan, Nuhiu and even semedo to an extent, makes me believe we can improve the majority of players who are brought in.

The risk is players who haven't had a pre season, or who are way short of match fitness.