Chris Wood

Guest gotcha_Owls

I've said since the end of last season that Wood should be our main target of the Summer. Ideally a season-long loan (maybe with a view to permanent) or if the ratification goes through, maybe a 1.5 million bid?

He offers more than Best, is younger, plus is more intimidating which works well in the Championship.

I can't imagine that Wood is available for as little as 1.5m when you consider some of the prices being spunked about for pretty average footballers. 11m for McCormack, 3m for the the ex rotherham player from Bournmouth, whose name escapes me at the moment...thats silly money.  

I would expect we would need to find nearer 3m just to be in with a shout and I just can't see us spending that sort of fee regardless of what money our new owner might have.  Indeed, I don't think we need to spend that sort of money either, Burnley are a good example and that is the model we should follow, we have spent too many years in the shybo to leap straight back into it at the first opportunity.

I can't imagine that Wood is available for as little as 1.5m when you consider some of the prices being spunked about for pretty average footballers. 11m for McCormack, 3m for the the ex rotherham player from Bournmouth, whose name escapes me at the moment...thats silly money.  

I would expect we would need to find nearer 3m just to be in with a shout and I just can't see us spending that sort of fee regardless of what money our new owner might have.  Indeed, I don't think we need to spend that sort of money either, Burnley are a good example and that is the model we should follow, we have spent too many years in the shybo to leap straight back into it at the first opportunity.

Didn't he cost them 2 million? I'd say 1.5 million was a good and sensible opening gambit seeing as

he didn't play too regularly for them last term.

I would expect we would need to find nearer 3m just to be in with a shout and I just can't see us spending that sort of fee regardless of what money our new owner might have. Indeed, I don't think we need to spend that sort of money either, Burnley are a good example and that is the model we should follow, we have spent too many years in the shybo to leap straight back into it at the first opportunity.

Do you honestly think Wood is worth 3 mill.

If thats what leicester-city want for him good luck to them.

Didn't he cost them 2 million? I'd say 1.5 million was a good and sensible opening gambit seeing as

he didn't play too regularly for them last term.

Yeah 2 million sounds about right and 1.5 would be a good starting point but I would imagine we would have to spend more on him than Leicester actually bought him for in the first place.  Only my opinion of course, but looking at the inflated market I'm pretty confident it will be near 3m but its all irrelevant anyway as I just cannot see us spending that sort of fee on anyone.

Do you honestly think Wood is worth 3 mill.

If thats what leicester-city want for him good luck to them.

Nope that's not what I am saying at all...IMO no championship player is worth that sort of money and its just proof of the ridiculous way in which football transfers have developed over the last 10 years or so.  My point is not what he is worth, but what clubs are prepared to pay for him and looking at the prices spent so far, then I would expect him to cost more than 1.5.

Nope that's not what I am saying at all...IMO no championship player is worth that sort of money and its just proof of the ridiculous way in which football transfers have developed over the last 10 years or so. My point is not what he is worth, but what clubs are prepared to pay for him and looking at the prices spent so far, then I would expect him to cost more than 1.5.

Sorry for the confusion but I really hope we don't spend that kind of money on him.

Sorry for the confusion but I really hope we don't spend that kind of money on him.

Absolutely agree 100%  I would rather use that money of better wages for either bosman's or for season long loan's on players who are better than what we already have.  The season Stoke went up their side was loaded with good loan players and the odd cheap addition who were in their last year of contract, (*cough* Whelan *cough*), and utilise the money far more effectively than spunking loads of money on one player who isn't worth that initial outlay IMO.

Wolves have offered 2m for him so were out until we've got this take over done with.

for a minute I forgot wolves were still receiving parachute payments.

seriously, they got £16m last year (nice little relegation bonus) and they'll get £8m this year and the next.

no wonder they can let players rot, it's a complete disgrace.