Evolution or revolution?

Guest sotonowl

Guest sotonowl

Where does everyone stand on this? Are you impetuous or patient?

I reckon this is a 3 to 5 year project to return to the PL.

Surely we can't bring in 3/4 players on twice or thrice what the others are on without causing upset can we?

Personally I reckon an easy top half finish next season, play off push the season after but can see the 3rd season at the earliest before we go up.

McCormacks been mentioned, well that aint gonna happen, it can't be done that quick.Can it?

Revolution - with restraint.

We are so far behind other clubs financially, technically and logistically.

Some of our fans think a new scoreboard is the height of sophistication when they are pretty standard now even down to League One.

No more 'good lads' or anyone that 'loves the club' please.

Just go out and buy the best players we can afford and pay the wages that players deserve.

Guest sotonowl

1 to 2 years he's not come here to roger about he's come here to get us up ASAP

I think he has, but the point is when growth happens too quickly it tends to fail, if an advancing army advances too quickly it becomes unsustainable.

Just saying like

Guest Big Guns

I think he has, but the point is when growth happens too quickly it tends to fail, if an advancing army advances too quickly it becomes unsustainable.

Just saying like

Milan said the play offs thie target

I'm hoping mammadov spends some serious coin

Two years. And if Gray doesn't do it in Year 1, it'll be someone else in Year 2 I suspect.

Oh, and I think there will be some splashing of the cash. Mr Mammadov knows what the prize is.

Guest sotonowl

Milan said the play offs thie target

I'm hoping mammadov spends some serious coin

We should have known then that we had a new owner coming in.

MM says play offs the target and probably had the deal done already 

With it looking like the Azerbijan government and not just Mammadov behind us, it'll be interesting to say the least.

I can't see them wanting to hang around getting us into the Prem.

oh yeah forgot.......viva la revolucion!

Edited by Weshallovercome

It's tough.

For promotion you probably need a wage budget of at least £25m and some shrewd signings - but it more or less allows for promotion. It also means it strips your resources going up as a lot of the money earned has already been spent.

I would prefer to do a Derby - have a wage budget of £15m-£20m spread across a deep squad and push for top 6. It's a gamble but allows for breathing space moving forward.

Guest sotonowl

Like Man City (and no I don't think we will spend like City).

If you have more or less unlimited resources like Man City then it can be done.

The bloke is obviously rich, but he isn't that rich

Evolution, just a lot quicker than what we had previously. Our business plan was set up well but the amount of cash running through it meant it could only give slow progress unless we sold someone for big money.

With more cash and some shrewd spending it could move forward quickly. We don't need to rip it up and start again, we have a good base to build on

Guest sotonowl

The turnover worries me, that has to be increased.

If he goes poo poo or bust it could end up costing him a fortune.

Still think a 3/5 year plan of increasing turnover and steady improvement on the field is the key

Some of our fans think a new scoreboard is the height of sophistication when they are pretty standard now even down to League One.

Just go out and buy the best players we can afford and pay the wages that players deserve.

If we get it right then the best players we can afford will love it here and the fans will appreciate them.

Recently those kinds of players have been below this level because that's the only level we've had any success. But you do need good lads otherwise you end up with a group of bothroyds

If we get it right then the best players we can afford will love it here and the fans will appreciate them.

Recently those kinds of players have been below this level because that's the only level we've had any success. But you do need good lads otherwise you end up with a group of bothroyds

I disagree, this is the aspect I was referring to earlier.

Any player doing well at a team plays with a smile on his face - it comes as part and parcel.

We have been doing poor but attracting players willing to chip in under tough times, those are the good lads and to be honest I am tired of it. Let some other chump team be the whipping boys as they clap themselves to League One just like we did.

We need attitude, conviction, application and intention. For that you need money.

If your definition of good lad is plucky but cr4p then yeah I agree.

But the attitude of the squad when the chips are down is vital. I want good lads who are good and have something to prove and if we do our homework it doesn't mean starting again

Edited by Bluesteel

Just for once the tory apologist is talking some sense

Edited by Holmes