Evolution or revolution?

Guest sotonowl

Guest s11 owl

BUMP.

I can't understand the mentallity of some of the people posting on here in respect of some of the "loadsa money" and "we'll sign who we want" type of quotes.

I for one wouldn't want the bloke to spend pots of money and come a cropper. Steady progress both on and off the field, making this family of Thai's feel welcome and at home is surely what we need to hope for. He's a wealthy Thai business man and he isn't stupid. Long term strategy is required, his son needs to come to love this club as he surely will given the time, he will eventually become the gaffer himself.

Look at McCabe, blunts are into him for shed loads and that shouldn't happen to us.

The club has been so fragile for so long so let's try not to alienate the new owner by being impetuous. Let him do things at his own rate without any pressure from the fans.

Stuart Gray is, I believe is building something special, brick by brick, let him continue the good work and not build a shutter and quickly pour a load of concrete.

I'd love the stadium to get some attention as well as evertone else but It's not going to happen overnight and I accept that but fingers crossed it will be given consideration as much as the team.

And just if you're wondering, i'm on the hobgoblin but I usually say what I think when i'm on it.

3 to 5 years, premier league, no less or it'll end in tears.

the truth is most investments like this have approx 5year plan, like Milan.

buy low and sell high i.e. prem league.

cant blame them and would not begrudge them, as long as they deliver.

but dont be fooled that they have anything more in mind then a good return on money invested and for them to enjoy the ride along the way

Let,s hope it all works out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It still all comes down to being able to pick a player.

You can splash all the cash you want  , but if you sign wasters and troublemakers you,ll get nowhere.

Look at the sides that have done well in the champs recently , Bournemouth , Derby , Leicester , Burnley etc etc all have squads full of talented players with the right ATTITUDE...........not a Drenthe or Kenwynne Jones in sight.

Dont get me wrong , i enjoyed watching Drenthe , and he was ideal for a mid table side looking for a bit of X factor , but he would be well down the list of characters you would look to sign if you were truly serious about getting in the top six.

Edited by sheriwozgod

Where does everyone stand on this? Are you impetuous or patient?

I reckon this is a 3 to 5 year project to return to the PL.

Surely we can't bring in 3/4 players on twice or thrice what the others are on without causing upset can we?

Personally I reckon an easy top half finish next season, play off push the season after but can see the 3rd season at the earliest before we go up.

McCormacks been mentioned, well that aint gonna happen, it can't be done that quick.Can it?

i actually think with the right 4/5 additions, we can seriously challenge for the play-offs this term...

after that, aggressive evolution...

however the new owners will be thinking the sooner the better, and every season spent here is a season lost...

take a good look at the championship lads, they've not come here to be in it for long...

Edited by dnhc

If you want an impressive building to don't use cheap cladding do you...the job wants doing properly from the ground up...infrastructure, academy and quality young players improving our squad...the Southampton model will do me

Spot on.