Good luck with the takeover..

I'd say the biggest reason the money men have stayed away so far is the ongoing Hillsborough Disaster investigation.

You think? Could be a good point. 

As someone said above though, I think MM has been the stabilizer, and he's clearly got contacts. If he has found you a Leicester-esque investor then I would expect good times ahead, although hopefully, at a speedier rate in terms of a time frame. The Greed League needs a Yorkshire rep in there. Fúck Leeds. And Hull don't count. Neither do Boro, who I see doing well next season. 

If ever there was a club that serious investment could turn into a giant, it's Wednesday.

Always baffled me that these money men from foreign lands chose tinpot clubs such as Brighton, Leicester, Hull and Sheffield United, when Wednesday were there, primed for a takeover. You have the fanbase, the history, the heritage. Knock down Leppings Lane End and you've a top stadium. It really is a no brainer, for any silly árse with money to burn on a football club.

I'd wager that at least 50% of Wednesdayites who go to matches regularly have seen little in the way of 'good times'. It's been a pretty torrid time since the Premier League relegation season, and so I think it'd be nice to see the good times return to S6.

Yes, I'm a Barnsley supporter and all this might sound strange, but I've always spoken in such terms, in between the bóllocks I post. However, I'm being slightly selfish as well. It's my belief that a successful Wednesday this coming season will adversely affect your ugly sister across the city. And the way they're already being built up as huge favourites to win the pub league title, a bit of adversity wouldn't go amiss.

So aye, I hope this comes off for SWFC. I hope moneybags Mamedov spends like r lass on my payday, and takes you where you want to go. Fúck FFP. Playing by the rules gets you nowhere (ie - the pub league).

Good luck.

You Reds.

Bless you Whitey, thank you for that.

The second best thing you've ever posted (after your Leeds rant).

Best of luck to you boys next season too, don't leave it too long in League One.

Love you too

BladesMad is shít. Not allowed to post with my TykesMad account. And I can't remember the password for my other account. And, it won't let me register a new one. 

Barnsley fans have 6 fingers l0l

I have eight, and two thumbs. 

Did it take you long to think that up, Sally?

Ta, Whitey.......I actually quite like Barnsley, so good luck next season.

Did it take you long to think that up, Sally?

Ta, Whitey.......I actually quite like Barnsley, so good luck next season.

No worries, we'll need it. 

You think? Could be a good point.

As someone said above though, I think MM has been the stabilizer, and he's clearly got contacts. If he has found you a Leicester-esque investor then I would expect good times ahead, although hopefully, at a speedier rate in terms of a time frame. The Greed League needs a Yorkshire rep in there. Fúck Leeds. And Hull don't count. Neither do Boro, who I see doing well next season.

Honestly mate, and I'm not bragging about the size of our club our anything like that, but I can't think of a single reason other than that.

It's Sheffield, for crying out loud. One of the biggest cities in the country. Huge potential for a very profitable top-ten Premiership team.

Comparable size to Manchester. Their two clubs pull in... What? 140,000 fans a week combined? Our city is pathetic by comparison. The only place that even comes close to underachieving in football as badly is Bristol.

Our stadium, while in need in need of a lick of paint and some redevelopments, is a good size and easily ready for Premiership football. And to be fair, it still looks good to say hardly anything has been done to it for years.

It's in a very a good location and would be very easy to expand should we ever need to.

We have excellent fans. A solid 18k minimum have stuck with us throughout all the crap. And we regularly pull in many many more.

We have a good, proud history. Even after two decades of rubbish, Sheffield Wednesday is still quite a well known club outside of the UK.

And the debt we were in, and any we are in now, is pretty tiny as far as football debt goes. Isn't our £5m per season loss one of the healthiest looking figures in the Championship?

I'd say the biggest reason the money men have stayed away so far is the ongoing Hillsborough Disaster investigation.

Well that's clearly not the case as it doesn't look like it's putting mammadov off does it now.

Nothing to do with the disaster investigation, if it was, this takeover wouldn't be happening until the disaster case is put to bed.

Well that's clearly not the case as it doesn't look like it's putting mammadov off does it now.

Nothing to do with the disaster investigation, if it was, this takeover wouldn't be happening until the disaster case is put to bed.

I didn't say it'd put everyone off, I just think it's probably put many others off who otherwise might have been interested.

Go and have a nap, grumpy.

Honestly mate, and I'm not bragging about the size of our club our anything like that, but I can't think of a single reason other than that.

It's Sheffield, for crying out loud. One of the biggest cities in the country. Huge potential for a very profitable top-ten Premiership team.

Comparable size to Manchester. Their two clubs pull in... What? 140,000 fans a week combined? Our city is pathetic by comparison. The only place that even comes close to underachieving in football as badly is Bristol.

Our stadium, while in need in need of a lick of paint and some redevelopments, is a good size and easily ready for Premiership football. And to be fair, it still looks good to say hardly anything has been done to it for years.

It's in a very a good location and would be very easy to expand should we ever need to.

We have excellent fans. A solid 18k minimum have stuck with us throughout all the crap. And we regularly pull in many many more.

We have a good, proud history. Even after two decades of rubbish, Sheffield Wednesday is still quite a well known club outside of the UK.

And the debt we were in, and any we are in now, is pretty tiny as far as football debt goes. Isn't our £5m per season loss one of the healthiest looking figures in the Championship?

I'm with you on that all the way. 

Going to go to bed now, seeing as I can't post bollócks on BladesMad.  :ghoulguy:

I didn't say it'd put everyone off, I just think it's probably put many others off who otherwise might have been interested.

Go and have a nap, grumpy.

Need more than a nap at this time of night lol

I just don't believe the investigation had put people off seriously, I think more the fact the business side of the club was a shambles and Milan had more work to do than even he thought, Milan himself has said he bought us without even doing due diligence.

Maybe lately the reason was Milan's asking price was the stumbling block. Hopefully all's well that ends well anyway. Just hope of this guy does takeover he's good for us and can take us back to the prem.

If the investigation was so dangerous I don't think anyone would invest. The legal side of things on that must have been checked out, even by Milan prior to his own bid.

The constant negative publicity of it may have had a factor though, but thankfully it sounds as if someone is willing to look at the bigger picture.

I think the main issue has been someone needed to pump 30m quid in just to get us to this stage and to get the infrastructure in the bounds of being acceptable. Milan himself had said he acted rashly in buying us and I'm guessing he wouldn't have if he knew how much he'd have to put in behind the scenes.

An investor or buyer wants to come in and spend on the pitch and see results. Milan has got us into a position where that is possible.

BladesMad is shít. Not allowed to post with my TykesMad account. And I can't remember the password for my other account. And, it won't let me register a new one.

I have eight, and two thumbs.

Did you lose two of you fingers in your sister?

Could not resist lol

If ever there was a club that serious investment could turn into a giant, it's Wednesday. 

Always baffled me that these money men from foreign lands chose tinpot clubs such as Brighton, Leicester, Hull and Sheffield United, when Wednesday were there, primed for a takeover. You have the fanbase, the history, the heritage. Knock down Leppings Lane End and you've a top stadium. It really is a no brainer, for any silly árse with money to burn on a football club. 

I'd wager that at least 50% of Wednesdayites who go to matches regularly have seen little in the way of 'good times'. It's been a pretty torrid time since the Premier League relegation season, and so I think it'd be nice to see the good times return to S6. 

Yes, I'm a Barnsley supporter and all this might sound strange, but I've always spoken in such terms, in between the bóllocks I post. However, I'm being slightly selfish as well. It's my belief that a successful Wednesday this coming season will adversely affect your ugly sister across the city. And the way they're already being built up as huge favourites to win the pub league title, a bit of adversity wouldn't go amiss. 

So aye, I hope this comes off for SWFC. I hope moneybags Mamedov spends like r lass Mi sister on my payday, and takes you where you want to go. Fúck FFP. Playing by the rules gets you nowhere (ie - the pub league). 

Good luck. 

You Reds.

Well said Whitey !!

Just corrected a little bit for you  lol  but every thing else is spot on .

<p><p>

I've made what, best part of 2,000 posts now on here, over about three years? I've never once said anything that would contradict what I've said today.

I even made it clear what I thought on twitter.

da6bPEpW_normal.jpegWhitey @Andy__White · 9h

but their club and fanbase I don't hate.. there's been no reason to in my lifetime.. so I wish them both well with this latest pipe dream

I hate Wednesday 'fans' born in Barnsley.. I hate the fact they beat us in injury time quite a lot.. I hate Leppings Lane.. that's it

I have never hated Sheffield Wednesday.. I have never wished bad on them.. I save that for their ugly sister, the Blunts, and Dirty Leeds

da6bPEpW_normal.jpegWhitey @Andy__White · 10h

#SWFC supposedly set for a takeover.. good luck to them.. rivalry aside, their long suffering supporters deserve better.. hope it works out

Always love the "I hate Wednesday fans from...." Like there is a written law you have to support the club closest to you! Not like we have won tonnes of cups to be "glory" supporters! Sometimes it's passed down family generations people need to get over it!

Cheers Whitey, I was just a lad of 10 when we gave up the League championship ghost with 5 games to go as we finished second to Spurs.

The thirty years since our last title, as a ten year old, seemed a million miles back in history. Now at 64 I realise it was just a blink. The short wait I thought I had for the glory has become a life time vigil. Don't feel sorry for me though, I have experienced a little glory, cup finals, trips into Europe, the LC win and that wonderful side of the 90's and as a side in reverse we can hardly fail to mention the debt of gratitude to our Gladiators of Cardiff lead by Lee Bullen. Proving beyond all doubt that Glory is relative.

But you are right we are a big club with a wonderful family of fans that have and do deserve much better. So thanks for the kind thoughts you epitomise the term 'Banter'. I also remember your top lads, Blanchflower and who could ever forget young Tommy Taylor and the great, almost great side you had built around Banks and Ronnie Glavin. Your luck against us was no better then than it is now.

Good Luck next season and march on Our Old ground and site of your greatest day 1912 with the confidence your status deserves.

Nev The Lodgemoor Owl   

As much as I wouldn't be surprised if we later find Whitey had been on Azerbaijan human rights forums to stir it up etc, credit where credit is due for the best wishes.

For what it's worth, I'd much prefer Barnsley in the Championship than any of the other teams in our area. They are much more good humoured that Toytowners and a bit brighter than the average Blunt.