national anthem before games

Good God no. Singing about that lot is the same as singing in praise of all the spongers and scroungers, who take from the system without putting anything back into it. The idea of paying that lot, small fortunes to sit on their backsides, and laud it over us for no reason other than their forebears had the means to take what they wanted and subjugate us, hundreds of years ago, is totally outdated, AND morally wrong. Apart from Harry, who (apparently) isn't actually a member of the royal family none of them make any kind of contribution.

I'm afraid, I'd have to sit down and boo for the duration of the song if they ever started that ridiculous practice before league games.

Ooooo! careful mate, it'll be the Tower for you!

Guest Big Guns

and why not throw in a quick national anthem before everyone starts their work everyday...... just an idea

For me I'm not for or against the royals but i dont see any connection between a sporting event and celebrating the royal family so its a No from me...

well as it happens i do sing the national anthem every morning as soon as i get out of my kipper its a yes from me also id like to see the st georges cross hoisted on every corner in the country

Guest OsiinAlnwick

Our national anthem is boring a f*ck.

We haven't got one therefore how can it be boring?

Good God no. Singing about that lot is the same as singing in praise of all the spongers and scroungers, who take from the system without putting anything back into it. The idea of paying that lot, small fortunes to sit on their backsides, and laud it over us for no reason other than their forebears had the means to take what they wanted and subjugate us, hundreds of years ago, is totally outdated, AND morally wrong. Apart from Harry, who (apparently) isn't actually a member of the royal family none of them make any kind of contribution.

I'm afraid, I'd have to sit down and boo for the duration of the song if they ever started that ridiculous practice before league games.

You really do come out with some garbage at times but this has to be up there with the most ill informed of all times....

You should really check out the facts on the Royal family and see just what income they do bring in to this country...

However, I do accept there are too many "hangers on" around the edges that don't contribute enough.

As much as I love this nation, the Royal Family and the national anthem, I wouldn't want it.

I think the national anthem before finals adds to the occassion, and playing it every week at grounds around the country would water down the enormity of the occassions that it currently gets played at.

The Royal Family cost the tax payer (us) about £40M per year, the Royal Family brings in about £176M to the UK!

This stupid enough for you?  Feckin' dilbert.

the fact that you believe that, and you think the royal family could take out a libel action against someone who repeats a wide held, (and often proven) belief about illegitemacy  in royals shows who the "feckin dilbert" is

Edited by scarboro-owl

The Royal Family cost the tax payer (us) about £40M per year, the Royal Family brings in about £176M to the UK!

But they were given what they have. Not a single one of them has earned it.

I think I'd projectile vomit everytime they played it. Not a fan of all that. The southerners would f uckin love it though. Might be wrong but I really don't know many people up north who like the royal family or the Idea of them, however friends from down south tend to be pretty passionate about the queen/royal family

I like the royal family, think there probably the biggest part if our history as a nation.

I love the royal family but it's a no from me.

Yeah forgot to say it'd be a no from me also

For most republicans, that's not the issue. It's the citizen not subject issue.

Outdated and offensive, no matter how much they generate in sales of souvenir plates and other tat.

Proud to be English and would sing it loud and proud, just get God and Queen out of it.

why would i want to stand up to ask someone who never existed, to save someone i don't like

i might as well stand up for a song asking Robin Hood to save Ched Evans

Hood save our gracious Ched

doesn't sound quite right