Owls v Ipswich 1990/91 Season.

Beat Ipswich 2-0 on the opening day of the 1990/91 but the whole day could so easily turned into a second Hillsborough Disaster because of the way our fans were packed into the corner terracing.Is there anyone on OT like myself who still remember the way that we were packed into Portman Road?

Think a lot of us will have been in situations like that, it only takes a second for something to go wrong Can remember a point when I was struggling for breath that day, but the danger passed, and I'll remember it as one of the best away days ever.

Very warm day. The crowd were spilling onto the pitch especially when we scored. Many were moved into the side sections. Don't know how many we took but there was a huge following. As for the game it was the biggest 2.0 thrashing I have seen.

Think it was over 7,000

From where I was standing on the left hand side of the terrace,I started to have that horrible feeling that someone was going badly wrong judging by the number of fans that started shouting for help in the middle section.

It was scary, at one point you couldn't take in any air once you'd breathed out Must be what it's like being gripped by an anaconda

It was scary, at one point you couldn't take in any air once you'd breathed out Must be what it's like being gripped by an anaconda

23 years on,and it still sends shivers down my spine just thinking what could have happened that day. :wacko:  :wacko:

23 years on,and it still sends shivers down my spine just thinking what could have happened that day. :wacko:  :wacko:

True, but it's weird that you can come potentially so close to disaster, and then the moment passes and you forget