Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Guest Sheff Owl

According to the Sunday People Fulham are trying to sign Lewis McGugan, now i know Rotherham tried for him but if this type of player is available i'm not sure why we are not in for him/linked with him.

We need creativity, we need goals from midfield and McGugan offers that.

Apparently he isn't in the plans of Watford, we want to improve and signing the likes of this guy increases your chances greatly.

According to the Sunday People Fulham are trying to sign Lewis McGugan, now i know Rotherham tried for him but if this type of player is available i'm not sure why we are not in for him/linked with him.

Apparently he isn't in the plans of Watford, we want to improve and signing the likes of this guy increases your chances greatly.

Unless he's available on a loan it's pretty obviously why we're not in for him or haven't been linked.

We don't have the money.

Also, three appearances this season suggest he's in squad rotation or backup. So whilst he may well be available it won't be all that cheap.

And Fulham have money whilst we don't... not only do they have the parachute payments, but also they've sold nearly as much as they've brought in and have an owner he will likely invest.

Unless he's available on a loan it's pretty obviously why we're not in for him or haven't been linked.

We don't have the money.

Also, three appearances this season suggest he's in squad rotation or backup. So whilst he may well be available it won't be all that cheap.

And Fulham have money whilst we don't... not only do they have the parachute payments, but also they've sold nearly as much as they've brought in and have an owner he will likely invest.

Him and Lloyd Dyer have fell out with the manager apparently

Exactly the type of midfielder we are missing.

Guest Sheff Owl

Hatem Ben Arfa’s lawyer Jean-Jacques Bertrand has given an interview to Foot Mercato about the player’s situation at Newcastle United. 

He had the following to say: 

“For Birmingham, there is nothing. They are just noises. However, I received an email from the club last night confirming that Newcastle had found an agreement with Besiktas for the transfer of the player. I discussed the sporting advantages with his agent Michel Ouazine and Hatem without talking about the figures. Finally, Hatem has decided not to go with this offer. He prefers to stay in England and to play at Newcastle. Besiktas, it is therefore a no go.”

“I don’t know if the club understands this, but Hatem is attached to Newcastle. There would have been players in his position to have already left by now after everything he has had to suffer. He played and he played well for the reserves. And then the club asked a few hours before the match that he didn’t play. Why? Under the pretext that there were talks with another club and that they didn’t want him to get injured, but there were no discussions (with another club). I think that some people have it in for him and want him to make a mistake to justify the sanctions and tarnish his image in the eyes of the fans.” 

“Everyone thinks this is a guy who is going to give in, but Hatem is strong. He has a strong character and knows a lot more about who he is and where he wants to go then what is claimed about him. He wants to light up Newcastle, he loves this club and this town.”

“It is absolutely abnormal that he is not treated in the same way and with the same conditions as his teammates in the first team. If this continues after the transfer window, we will look to take action through the FA. He must have the same working conditions as the others, we are not asking him to start games or to be subbed on, but he just deserves the chance to train with the others. This situation cannot go on forever.”

People may laugh at this, but a mate of mine from the North East reckons we've enquired about Ben Arfa on loan from Newcastle.

According to the article below, Birmingham have been sounding out getting him on loan, so wouldn't be the biggest leap of faith to think we might be looking:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hatem-ben-arfa-snubs-move-7694904

Not that it'll happen in a million years.

People may laugh at this, but a mate of mine from the North East reckons we've enquired about Ben Arfa on loan from Newcastle.

It's hilarious. Seriously though I've heard that about Birmingham and thought surely he'd go to a premiership club on loan instead? Also he's rejected a move to European side Besiktas but maybe he wants to stay in this country

Guest Denvirg

If we could get him on a season long loan, and it is a big if, I could see us making a good push for the playoffs.

Would be a great coup, but can't see it.

Guest wilyfox

There's plenty on here who do All summer, we've heard that players will have to buy into Gray's work ethic. Ben Arfa doesn't exactly fit that profile

Ok, well let them worry about work ethic whilst the rest enjoy the biggest talent at Wednesday since Di Canio lol