Ideal team for next season

Hopefully the first XI might look something like this.

Kirkland

Buxton

Loovens

Onyewu

Mattock/Helan

Antonio

Lee

Hutch

Maguire

Lavery

New Signing Who Can Score

I think the Wickham ship might have sailed. So we'd need to find someone else. Or stick Nuhiu up top with Lavery if he can improve over the summer.

Wishful thinking on this side I know, but that would be a strong side. Plus we would have the likes of Palmer, Gardner, Maghoma, Reda on the bench. Might be a promising season

Hopefully the first XI might look something like this.

Kirkland

Buxton

Loovens

Onyewu

Mattock/Helan

Antonio

Lee

Hutch

Maguire

Lavery

New Signing Who Can Score

I think the Wickham ship might have sailed. So we'd need to find someone else. Or stick Nuhiu up top with Lavery if he can improve over the summer.

Wishful thinking on this side I know, but that would be a strong side. Plus we would have the likes of Palmer, Gardner, Maghoma, Reda on the bench. Might be a promising season

Nuhiu is a very important player in our system. His link up play is brilliant, the lad can really play. He ls a bit unsightly and being 6,5ish you'd expect Better in the air, but he fetches a hell of a lot to the team. His technical side makes up for his lack of speed and he reads the game well. He's adapted to the way we play and he could be a real assett next season.

We have some great young players coming along well and the Helan, Mattock, Lee, Maguire type signings are all coming of age now so things look good. I'd love to see Madine, Corry and McCabe given game time up to the end of the season to see if they can bring anything to the side or not.

However if we don't get top quality CBs signed up long term we'll struggle at the back. I can see Roger Johnson coming back, if we could get him, Loovens and Hutchinson on 2 to 3 year deals I'd be delighted. Just the all round CF to find then. 

Nearly every summer consists of us saying, "Just 2 or 3 quality signings. That's all we need."

Summer starts full of optimism, everyone makes their Christmas list then it all ends in disappointment.

It's the Wednesday way!

lol

This is the first time in a while that I've felt that way. I do think that with 2 (maybe 3) signings and a couple of loanees we're good to go. Provided we maintain the bulk of the current squad.

Agreed.

If it wasn't so late I'm sure there would be some joke to make about taking stock or something.

But my eyes hurt, so 'OXO Cube' is about all I can manage. Take it or leave it.

Jus must be kidding.

We can't reduce our options to a pun. Even if those options have been thickened with flour and seasoned to taste.

Not far off with that team for me.

Kirkland

Buxton Onyewu Loovens Mattock

Maguire Hutch Lee _________

_______ ________

Dawson

______

Nuhiu

Antonio

Semedo

Lavery

McCabe

Now I've said this on other posts we need to spend on strikers. I know it won't happen but that's the difference between us and the top 6. You don't get a good championship striker who can score goals for free now.

Think we have a basis at long last. For me this summer is as important moving players out as bringing them. Our squad is inflated. We know we will rely on loans so have a squad of quality 22 players. If we have injuries get loans in. Brings salaries down.

Kirkland

Buxton onyewuo loovens NEW

Antonio lee hutch NEW

lavery NEW

we have as subs and more importantly players challenging for the first team shirt.

Palmer

Gardener

Mattock

Helan

Maguire

Semedo

Nuhiu

Madine

Sounds good but think Kiirkland , Loovens, Onyewu all vulnerable to better offers,

Is hutchinson also out of contarct ? Some clubs might not fancy his injury record so we could be in a good position

MM's previous approach has always been looking at whats available for nowt first so this should be right up hs street

But somehow am not confident he will make this happen

McCabe and Corry are making no contribution so get rid and use money towards wages for those above

We need to trim the squad, certainly when everyone is fit it is far too large. With so many players out of contract, we should be able to do that. Sadly that will mean some departures who we'd perhaps rather keep, but unless clubs come in for players deemed surplus to requirements, yet who will still be under contract, our hands will be tied.

Guest Scottish.Owl

we'll I believe if we had started the season without Dave jones we would be on about 57pts and be all excited about being in the top 6

we'll I believe if we had started the season without Dave jones we would be on about 57pts and be all excited about being in the top 6

So, if we can maintain the current Matchday squad and add a couple we should be good to go. My concern is what type of Players super Stu will be able to attract. Not a dig, a genuine question. Clearly the squad like playing for him and I hope any potential signings would speak to current club employees and hopefully hear good things.