Embarrassing, embarrassing, embarrassing

In terms of advertising, Sheffield Wednesday had a disaster tonight.

This season I didn't get a season ticket and I'm pleased I didn't. I have only been to Hillsborough three times this season and on each occasion we have been awful. Good on those that keep going week after week.

I'm sure there are many more like myself who have once been regular spectators but are being put off by what's so regularly on show.

There was no game plan tonight and even after 5 mins I knew we wouldn't win the game.

I left early again tonight and the lad next to me said, "It's not over yet mate". To which I replied, "It is. I know Wednesday too well".

Not taking anything away from Charlton though. They played better than us and were much the better side.

Massively poor display by the Owls. They've missed out on a serious revenue making Steel City Derby and they, including Grey, should be very disappointed in themselves.

This season I didn't get a season ticket and I'm pleased I didn't. I have only been to Hillsborough three times this season and on each occasion we have been awful. Good on those that keep going week after week.

I'm sure there are many more like myself who have once been regular spectators but are being put off by what's so regularly on show.

There was no game plan tonight and even after 5 mins I knew we wouldn't win the game.

I left early again tonight and the lad next to me said, "It's not over yet mate". To which I replied, "It is. I know Wednesday too well".

Not taking anything away from Charlton though. They played better than us and were much the better side.

Massively poor display by the Owls. They've missed out on a serious revenue making Steel City Derby and they, including Grey, should be very disappointed in themselves.

I've got a season ticket.

I love it.

Did you leave early against Barnsley?

I love it.

Good on you! I used to love it but I don't anymore! If you think about it, there were 10,000 non-season ticket holders there tonight. With it being the FA Cup, what a fantastic opportunity to advertise the club to people much like myself. But, once again, it's all a false dawn!

Good on you! I used to love it but I don't anymore! If you think about it, there were 10,000 non-season ticket holders there tonight. With it being the FA Cup, what a fantastic opportunity to advertise the club to people much like myself. But, once again, it's all a false dawn!

Think you might be overreacting slightly.

you sir are an embarrasment to the club  :biggrin:

If we carry on doing reasonably well in the league as we have been doing of late, people will base their decisions on our form.

They're not going to think: "...well, we've gone on a great league run, however I remember back to when we cacked it against Charlton, therefore I'll ignore the good run.....".

I love it.

I've got a ST and didn't leave early against Barnsley but what the f**k has that got to do we tneet

We were embarrising too many bottled it and it's alright those slagging the keeper but it wasn't his fault either

He shouldn't have been on the pitch, to big a game for him, Kirkland must be spitting feathers

Don't like to say it but you got it wrong tneet Mr gray

UTO

I've got a ST and didn't leave early against Barnsley but what the f**k has that got to do we tneet

We were embarrising too many bottled it and it's alright those slagging the keeper but it wasn't his fault either

He shouldn't have been on the pitch, to big a game for him, Kirkland must be spitting feathers

Don't like to say it but you got it wrong tneet Mr gray

UTO

Read the comments made by the OP to me.

You do realise that Charlton probably quite wanted to win as well tonight?

There were two sides playing today. It was not a bye.

You do realise that Charlton probably quite wanted to win as well tonight?

There were two sides playing today. It was not a bye.

I know and that's the painful thing... They wanted it more than us even with the prospect of a Steel City Derby.

I suppose that's the problem with having a team made up of loan players. They don't care about a Sheffield Derby. The reality is, players like Martinez had probably never heard of Sheffield Wednesday before signing for us!

Each to their own. We are all a bit gutted tonight hasn't gone how we hoped but that doesn't detract from the fact that Gray has done a superb job since taking over.

We are moving forward on the pitch. Sadly we haven't quite performed in front of our bigger crowds lately which will affect attendances for the rest of the season but the positive signs are there.

We'll argue on here for the rest of the week about what Gray should have done differently but that's football. There are national football phone ins every week filled with those conversations. Gray will pull it off some weeks and we'll do a number on teams (Reading, Hudds away) and other weeks it'll go against.

The squad is young, the manager is a bit more adventurous tactically and the team is developing. If that's not enough for you currently then fair enough. We'll see you back when the team really takes off I'm sure, meanwhile the rest of us will enjoy the journey, the mini victories and the experience.

Glad you don't come often, Wednesday don't need fans like you, typical glory hunting big match occasion fan, did you find your way home okay or did you ask for directions (sat nav)?

It was poor but was never going to be easy 3 of our back 4 played 90 minutes on saturday.

Few other players did a decent stint on saturday as well. Added to that we have several new players drafted in to cover injuries.

Add to that the pressure of a derby quarter final.

You can't turn up to the odd game like this and expect to sit back and be royally entertained.

You've got to get to more if you want to see results like the Leeds, Reading, Barnsley games.

Each to their own. We are all a bit gutted tonight hasn't gone how we hoped but that doesn't detract from the fact that Gray has done a superb job since taking over.

We are moving forward on the pitch. Sadly we haven't quite performed in front of our bigger crowds lately which will affect attendances for the rest of the season but the positive signs are there.

We'll argue on here for the rest of the week about what Gray should have done differently but that's football. There are national football phone ins every week filled with those conversations. Gray will pull it off some weeks and we'll do a number on teams (Reading, Hudds away) and other weeks it'll go against.

The squad is young, the manager is a bit more adventurous tactically and the team is developing. If that's not enough for you currently then fair enough. We'll see you back when the team really takes off I'm sure, meanwhile the rest of us will enjoy the journey, the mini victories and the experience.

Great post.