Wednesdayites have gone soft.

Guest intercity0wl

It wouldn't be long term..if it takes a big pig shaped sticking plaster till the end of the season then so be it. Better than going down..

I suppose it's how realistic a chance there would be of avoiding the drop. If the investment in the team remains the same, it doesn't really matter who the manager is, we'll struggle to avoid the drop. Under those circumstances, I'd rather build something solid under a young manager with fresh ideas. Plan for the following season using our younger players and given them the freedom to play. If we stop up, great, if we don't, we have the nucleus of a side to mount a promotion push next season

I think we have become desperate during desperate times. It hurts me we are now talking about Warnock over Megson but it's a sign of how crap things are.

Compare their records rather than who they support and see if you come up with the same answer!

I won't give it the 'I'll never go again' bullsh1t but I will be gutted if that full weight tw4t comes here

You might not do and nor will I but i know a fair few who will not pay to watch a Wednesday side led by Warnock and some with season tickets that will stop going as well.

To think some were saying MM had to sack DJ to stop the sliding attendances. That factor would not improve under Colin. United were in and around the top six most seasons under him but it was dire to watch and they only turned up in numbers when they got to the PL.  

Edited by Guest

You might not do and nor will I but i know a fair few who will not pay to watch a Wednesday side led by Warnock and some with season tickets that will stop going as well.

To think some were saying MM had to sack DJ to stop the sliding attendances. That factor would not improve under Colin. United were in and around the top six most seasons under him but it was dire to watch and they only turned up in numbers when they got to the PL.

I knew loads who said they wouldn't go if Judas Atkinson came back, too.

It's just scaremongering.

Mind, Evans, Pearce or Appleton will get em flooding back.

At the moment its dire to watch and weve won one match and were over a third of the season in . Id rather watch us play decent footie but those days are two decades ago so for now winning ugly beats losing with a whimper

Can't argue with that at all but I can't see anything in Warnock's recent past that suggests he can give us a winning record. The man put himself into retirement and has hardly been inundated with pleas to change his mind.

I knew loads who said they wouldn't go if Judas Atkinson came back, too.

It's just scaremongering.

Mind, Evans, Pearce or Appleton will get em flooding back.

You think that any who have stopped going recently will be enticed back to watch a side led by Warnock?

Pearce and Appleton granted but given that you are so in favour of Warnock I can't see what your problem is with Evans. Unlike Warnock he has had recent success in is continuing to do so. His team plays decent football as well as putting a shift in.

Edited by Guest

Can't argue with that at all but I can't see anything in Warnock's recent past that suggests he can give us a winning record. The man put himself into retirement and has hardly been inundated with pleas to change his mind.

Think what it will come down to is, do you want to watch us lose ugly, or do you want to see us lose trying to play football Not a great choice, but I know which I'd prefer

Pearce and Appleton granted but given that you are so in favour of Warnock I can't see what your problem is with Evans. Unlike Warnock he has had recent success in is continuing to do so. His team plays decent football as well as putting a shift in.

I wasn't aware that Warnock was a c@ck flasher at female stewards?

I wasn't aware that Warnock was a c@ck flasher at female stewards?

No he's just a wee wee tail.

How has that affected his managerial ability?

If we were appointing someone on being an upstanding person then I don't think Warnock would be near the top of the list, Megson will give him a character reference.

Weren't you someone coming out in support of Madine coming back into the game once he has done his time? Is the error of his ways any better/worse than the Rotherham boss?

Edited by Guest

If Warnock wasn't a Sheffield United fan and hadn't managed them he would be right at the top of people's lists. His record makes him a stand out candidate.

If the fact he is a Sheff Utd fan comes into it and would therefore mean his heart wasn't in it, he's in it for the money, he would relegated and p*ss himself etc. the you are questioning the mans professionalism, character and pride.

That's wrong and unfair.

The tribalism mentality in football fans really can cloud people's judgements.

Who gives a flip who he supports if he keeps us up?

If Warnock wasn't a Sheffield United fan and hadn't managed them he would be right at the top of people's lists. His record makes him a stand out candidate.

If the fact he is a Sheff Utd fan comes into it and would therefore mean his heart wasn't in it, he's in it for the money, he would relegated and p*ss himself etc. the you are questioning the mans professionalism, character and pride.

That's wrong and unfair.

The tribalism mentality in football fans really can cloud people's judgements.

Who gives a flip who he supports if he keeps us up?

So tell me about his great record then rather than just saying he has one.

As for his character and professionalism - he chose to retire as a football manager, says a lot about how committed or capable he feels he is now in terms of a full-time managerial role.

No he's just a wee wee tail.

How has that affected his managerial ability?

If we were appointing someone on being an upstanding person then I don't think Warnock would be near the top of the list, Megson will give him a character reference.

Weren't you someone coming out in support of Madine coming back into the game once he has done his time? Is the error of his ways any better/worse than the Rotherham boss?

You've come across in 2 threads now and it's glaringly obvious you're hiding behind this 'tell me what Warnock has ever done in his managerial career that shows he has what takes to keep us up' when in reality just admit you don't want him cos he's a blade.

Evans has never managed above L1 is that correct? He certainly has nowhere near the CV that Warnock has.

Warnocks teams have always shown fight, spirit, determination and willingness to put in the hard graft to grind out points. Always. Is that not a recipe for giving us a fighting chance of survival?

Oh and one more thing, I wouldn't give a flying flip how exciting our football was if it meant we could be anywhere the top 6.

Edited by H2Owl