Sign in to follow this  
intercity0wl

Wednesdayites have gone soft.

If the results were the same, which would you choose, dire football or exciting football That's why a lot of people maybe don't fancy Warnock as our manager, his football isn't very appealing.

So tell me about his great record then rather than just saying he has one.

As for his character and professionalism - he chose to retire as a football manager, says a lot about how committed or capable he feels he is now in terms of a full-time managerial role.

Again, it's not just about his managerial record for you is it? It's now about his character and professionalism too.

Admit it- You don't want him cos he's a blade. That's what it comes down to.

So tell me about his great record then rather than just saying he has one.

As for his character and professionalism - he chose to retire as a football manager, says a lot about how committed or capable he feels he is now in terms of a full-time managerial role.

I'm not going to do research for you, if you can't be bothered to do it yourself.

But it's pretty obvious that over the past decade or so, he has a good record in this league with various clubs in differing situations.

He said that Leeds may have been his last job and he would be happy to retire if it was his last job. But he never retired officially. I've listened to him on Talksport plenty of times over the past few months and he's clearly ready to have another job, he says so himself. So I'll take his word.

Now, I'm not advocating Neil Warnock as a long term manager, who's going to implement and oversee a 10 year plan. But I see him as a good short term appointment to hopefully keep us in the division.

I'll go back to my point, if it wasn't for the fact he's a Unitedite then he would be on most fans short lists.

Why should the fact he's a Unitedite come into it?

I'm sorry, if the man wants to job, interviews well, you like what you hear, has the record (which he has), has the hunger and desire needed and would be happy for a short term stint to see us clear (maybe extend afterwards), then who gives a flying who he supports?

I'd pick the best man for the job that's available and wants it everyday of the week, regardless of who he supports.

• Agree 4

If the results were the same, which would you choose, dire football or exciting football That's why a lot of people maybe don't fancy Warnock as our manager, his football isn't very appealing.

Is it also the reason people would crawl through broken glass to have Megson back?

So we can play that carpet football we were all so used to in L1? lol

Edited by H2Owl

Short term, who cares what the football is like?

It's very much about results from this point onwards to the end of the season.

Its VITAL we stay up.

Short term, who cares what the football is like?

It's very much about results from this point onwards to the end of the season.

Its VITAL we stay up.

Of course it is, but to some of us, employing Neil Warnock does not give us any better chance of staying up than most other managers who might be considered for the job. He does bring certain attributes to the job, as Megson did, and I don't deny that in our situation, some of those attributes would be useful. In this league though, his basic in your face long ball game is easily countered. Better to have a manager who would implement fresh ideas as well as that never say die attitude.

I thought QPR looked OK when they got promoted?

Ahh the old 'manager A is better than manager B because he has a better win ratio' argument. Megson has not won any lower league titles/cups because he has spent most of his time in the top 2 tiers. He has also kept a team in the prem (after looking nailed on for the drop)

Im all in favour of getting Colin in but he is sixty five next week. The same age as my Dad who has had a much softer life and is knackered.

I'm not going to do research for you, if you can't be bothered to do it yourself.

But it's pretty obvious that over the past decade or so, he has a good record in this league with various clubs in differing situations.

He said that Leeds may have been his last job and he would be happy to retire if it was his last job. But he never retired officially. I've listened to him on Talksport plenty of times over the past few months and he's clearly ready to have another job, he says so himself. So I'll take his word.

Now, I'm not advocating Neil Warnock as a long term manager, who's going to implement and oversee a 10 year plan. But I see him as a good short term appointment to hopefully keep us in the division.

I'll go back to my point, if it wasn't for the fact he's a Unitedite then he would be on most fans short lists.

Why should the fact he's a Unitedite come into it?

I'm sorry, if the man wants to job, interviews well, you like what you hear, has the record (which he has), has the hunger and desire needed and would be happy for a short term stint to see us clear (maybe extend afterwards), then who gives a flying who he supports?

I'd pick the best man for the job that's available and wants it everyday of the week, regardless of who he supports.

I am aware of his record over the past decade and have pointed to it as a valid reason not to want him now.

If he's stated on talksport that he has changed his mind and wants another job then all well and good. I presume the other 50+ managers that have already shown interest are also 'up for it'.

In the past decade he took 7 years to get united promoted, spending a fair amount along the way.

Took United down at the first attempt

Took a hugely bankrolled QPR up

Did well in his first season at Palace, left when the money went boobies up.

Did nowt at Leeds.

Of course it is, but to some of us, employing Neil Warnock does not give us any better chance of staying up than most other managers who might be considered for the job. He does bring certain attributes to the job, as Megson did, and I don't deny that in our situation, some of those attributes would be useful. In this league though, his basic in your face long ball game is easily countered. Better to have a manager who would implement fresh ideas as well as that never say die attitude.

His football is easily countered?

How come QPR won the league just over two years ago then?

I'm sorry, I don't get this spiel about Warnock's style of play & management and the notion he's "past it" from quite a few on here.

Football hasn't changed that much in 3 years.

For a short term appointment (if we're looking for that) there are very few more qualified for the job than Neil Warnock (who are available).

Pigs v West Brom says it all for me.

Can I have your season ticket if lol comes?

His football is easily countered?

How come QPR won the league just over two years ago then?

I'm sorry, I don't get this spiel about Warnock's style of play & management and the notion he's "past it" from quite a few on here.

Football hasn't changed that much in 3 years.

For a short term appointment (if we're looking for that) there are very few more qualified for the job than Neil Warnock (who are available).

No clearly it isn't as black and white as that In the end it's about opinions and what we each want to see in terms of footballing style. I'm sure we'd all agree, we need to be winning. At the end of the day, none of us know how Warnock or any other manager who might be appointed would do. Personally, although I like the bloke, and the fact that he's a blade is of no consequence to me, it's just I don't think I would like his football. However, there are plenty on here who believe he would do a good job.

No clearly it isn't as black and white as that In the end it's about opinions and what we each want to see in terms of footballing style. I'm sure we'd all agree, we need to be winning. At the end of the day, none of us know how Warnock or any other manager who might be appointed would do. Personally, although I like the bloke, and the fact that he's a blade is of no consequence to me, it's just I don't think I would like his football. However, there are plenty on here who believe he would do a good job.

We might get relegated and your prattling on about style?

Notwithstanding that QPR had style?

Are you actually serious?

After 15 months of that dross - you're worried about style?

Bloody hell.

I've heard it all now.

• Agree 1

Can I have your season ticket if lol comes?

You still wouldn't make all of the games once the novelty had worn off.

We might get relegated and your prattling on about style?

Notwithstanding that QPR had style?

Are you actually serious?

After 15 months of that dross - you're worried about style?

Bloody hell.

I've heard it all now.

Well what should we base our managerial preferences on then? As I said, it's a given, we all want to be winning. Does it come down to personalities or what team they might support? Surely the choices we make are gonna be based on how we want to see a manager going about his job. I want to see winning football, like everyone else, but if I have a choice, I'd prefer it not to be Warnock's brand of football.

• Agree 1

Well what should we base our managerial preferences on then? As I said, it's a given, we all want to be winning. Does it come down to personalities or what team they might support? Surely the choices we make are gonna be based on how we want to see a manager going about his job. I want to see winning football, like everyone else, but if I have a choice, I'd prefer it not to be Warnock's brand of football.

I want to avoid relegation first and foremost.

The horse has already bolted.

I'll shut the stable door next summer. Survival and style is a bit of a tough ask IMO.

• Agree 1

Warnock as Manager of Wednesday, wtf are you sell your soul to the devil idiots on about, there will be thousands of Wednesdayites at this minute spinning in their graves at how Pappy some of the current day fanbase have become.

Things have been Much, much worse in the past, but never would previous generations of Die in the wool W/ITES have ever considered such a crazy notion.

Next thing we will be wanting to stand aside and let them have the East Bank on Derby days, you should Hang your heads in shame. WTID

Stop living in the 80s mate, think of all the other great candidates out there thats queuing up? pigs fans were the same about Wilson and he ended up changing their minds didn't he? we're not in a position to be picky, and if we do go down it will set us back big time, Warnock might come across a total bell but he's a very good manager and ticks most if not all of the boxes needed to be the best bet to save our season.