The best debut in a Wednesday shirt...

Guest wilyfox

Regi Blinker away at Villa, unfortunately his best game for us.

He was brilliant in the first four games the next season, particularly against Leeds away. Absolutely siled down the whole game if I remember correctly.

Not the debut as a whole, but David Prutton's goal on debut last season against Rochdale in front of the Kop (the volley from a half-cleared corner on his wrong foot) was probably one of the most stunning ways to introduce yourself to a new set of fans i've seen.

Guest Romish Owl

It's going back a bit, but Jack Whitham really hit the ground running. Had a big transfer to Liverpool and was never heard of again.

Agree with this 1967 I think v Burnley we won 7-0  Jack scored 2 and we got a penalty in last min, everyone wanted him to take it but Jim McCalliog took it and missed. When he went to Liverpool he scored a hat-trick on his debut but was injured soon after and had to retire.

Edited by Romish Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

I remember Guy Whittingham getting a brace at Goodison but not sure if it was his debut. I was early in his career with us I remember that

Wasn't that when Klas Ingesson scored also?

Guest Sheff Owl

Not sure we had a few goods wins at Goodison at that time. I think the game I'm talking about we won 4-1 and PDC took the wee wee

We won 3-1 and Pembridge (2) and Di Canio scored.

Regi Blinker's double? Guy Whittingham's brace?

Or maybe Ritchie Humphreys' volley against Villa. Would be a little surprised if someone said Rodri though...

which debut performers can you think of..?

Whittinghams brace at Everton, boxing day. Got bladdered on inter city owl by smuggling a bottle of rum in a McD's cup and drank it on way to game. I think i was 14?? All i can remember is looking out of window and seeing Des Walkers teeth as we passed players coach and my mates mum was a few rows ahead of us so got bollocked for spitting cookies in her and everyone else hair as i stood on my seat singing. 

Guest Sheff Owl

Whittinghams brace at Everton, boxing day. 

Ahhh that was the one with Ingesson scoring, i'm sure it was. (diving header i think)