The best debut in a Wednesday shirt...

Guest wilyfox

Gotta be JJ. Cant temember which matcha and how he played but gotta be JJ

Gotta be JJ. Cant temember which matcha and how he played but gotta be JJ

To be fair, his first ever involvement was at luton away. . . He got the ball, took it past everyone, at pace, only the keeper to beat, and hit it high, wide and not so handsome.

At least he is consistent

Start of thread------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------End of thread

Edited by Pulsar

seen a few good debuts including some that have been mentioned whitham,whittingham,hirst,owusu,some that havnt steve downes,brian davies  spring to mind but the best by far for me was blinker at villa the 2 goals he got was out of this world,sadly that was as good as it got .  

I'll throw Francesco Sanetti into the mix as a memorable one.

Scored off the bench on the final day of the season and promptly cried his eyes out.

What ever happened with Sanetti? didn't he finish up in the Italian Army or something, Thought we had a reight player on our hands, Big Ron raved about him aswell

Agree with this 1967 I think v Burnley we won 7-0  Jack scored 2 and we got a penalty in last min, everyone wanted him to take it but Jim McCalliog took it and missed. When he went to Liverpool he scored a hat-trick on his debut but was injured soon after and had to retire.

Didn't he score his 2 against Burnley after coming on as sub as well ?

Without a doubt Michael Johnson.

Made his debut in the infamous match against Hull City when we picked up our first win thanks to a nice one-two and finish by Francis Jeffers.

He was incredible - on loan and the wrong side of thirty he threw himself everywhere to the extent that after the full time whistle he had to be literally helped off the ground in sheer exhaustion.

We signed Graham Kavanagh at the same time and the two players were just the tonic - Kavanagh might have been the better player but Johnson was more important to our stability and in hindsight we should have signed him rather than Kav.

An astonishing performance.

Colin Walker- a hat trick in 9 minutes.

End of thread.

This was going to be my vote.  He hold the wednesday record for highest average goals per game, i think.  Since this was his only game, and he played only one half, that gives him an average of six!!!