The best debut in a Wednesday shirt...

Guest wilyfox

This was going to be my vote.  He hold the wednesday record for highest average goals per game, i think.  Since this was his only game, and he played only one half, that gives him an average of six!!!

He made more appearances than just that Stockport game. Probably not much more than a couple more, but definitely not just the one.

Whittinghams brace at Everton, boxing day. Got bladdered on inter city owl by smuggling a bottle of rum in a McD's cup and drank it on way to game. I think i was 14?? All i can remember is looking out of window and seeing Des Walkers teeth as we passed players coach and my mates mum was a few rows ahead of us so got bollocked for spitting cookies in her and everyone else hair as i stood on my seat singing. 

Not heard of the Control of Alcohol (Sporting Events) Act 1986 then?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Memories playing tricks on a few of you.

Hirstys debut was a tap in goal v Everton.

Humphreys debut was a year earlier than stated.

Personally for me the best debut I saw was Paul Williams at Ipswich.

Humphreys debut was away at Bolton and he played on the left wing. Bolton were bottom and they won 2-1 and we were terrible. 

The winner has to be one touch Owusu. Sadly he turned out to better at vomiting than playing football. 

To hit the ground running in the stripes and turn around a faltering season, Michail Antonio's contribution last year in L1 takes some beating.

However for instant Brilliance it has to be Regi Blinker at Villa Park: He would have made Messi look like a mug that night, shame it didn't last.

Did I dream Carbone getting 2 on his debut at Forest?

HIs debut was against Blackburn in a 1-1 draw. Andy Booth scored an early goal, which meant that I had won my first ever bet.

Unfortunately I was so excited and a little confused that i ran down to the concourse to claim my winnings from the Ladbrokes kiosk.