To calm down a few of the crazies...

We lost. To the team who are top of the league by some distance. We didn't play very well.

But take a look at our run-in.

Barnsley (H)

Bristol City (A)

Blackburn (H)

Millwall (A)

Leeds United (A)

Blackpool (A)

Ipswich (H)

Peterborough (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

3 wins might be enough to keep us up on 52 points. Can you seriously not see us maybe winning 3 of those games?

3 wins and a couple of draws would leave us in the mid-50's.

Can some of you please calm the flip down and remember that we beat Leicester a mere 9 bloody days ago.

It isn't an easy situation, but some people seem to have all but accepted relegation because we lost one game and a couple of results went against us.

Barnsley (H)

Bristol City (A)

Blackburn (H)

Millwall (A)

Leeds United (A)

Blackpool (A)

Ipswich (H)

Peterborough (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

Can you seriously not see us maybe winning 3 of those games?

If its so nailed on - which 3?

We could lose every one - we could win every one.

Who knows?

Isn't that rather the point.

We lost. To the team who are top of the league by some distance. We didn't play very well.

Barnsley (H)

Bristol City (A)

Blackburn (H)

Millwall (A)

Leeds United (A)

Blackpool (A)

Ipswich (H)

Peterborough (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

3 wins might be enough to keep us up on 52 points. Can you seriously not see us maybe winning 3 of those games?

Can some of you please calm the flip down and remember that we beat Leicester a mere 9 bloody days ago.

It isn't an easy situation, but some people seem to have all but accepted relegation because we lost one game and a couple of results went against us.

Stop talking sense.

Jones out!

Manderic out!

Our fans are cwunts!

The point is as Reading says that it doesn't really matter who we play its just as tough. Top teams get knocked off their perch each week.

I'd like to think that we can get those points but the way it's going we may need even more. Plus, we keep talking about our previous good form, fair dos, but Coke, Wickham and Antonio are three big players missing from that. At the moment it seems a bit "back to the drawing board" with 9 games or so left.

I'd be chuffed if this was all needless panic. But I've gone from being quite relaxed to pretty worried very quickly

Edited by Bluesteel

At the moment it seems a bit "back to the drawing board" with 9 games or so left.

We may go down, we may stay up, but we're we saying this last week after beating Leicester ? We've lost to the champions elect. Not exactly back to the drawing board yet is it?

We may go down, we may stay up, but we're we saying this last week after beating Leicester ? We've lost to the champions elect. Not exactly back to the drawing board yet is it?

On the balance of probabilities, we should stop up.

But, on the balance of probabilities we shouldn't even be in this position IMO.

Berating people for their positivity or negativity is frankly pointless, if that opinion is genuine.

It won't change anything. I'll accept what I'm given. Just like I've done for the bloody previous 50 years.

I really can't see what the problem is.

Edited by ReadingOwl

Guest Big Guns

People need to realise its not just about wot we do

This weekends results was a total disaster for us

Teams like Barnsley are capable of beating the top teams and more than capable of beating us

Two key players from that win are no longer available. So that's what it feels like to me.

People need to realise its not just about wot we do

It is really, if we win 4 of our remaining games, we stay up, teams just don't go down on 55 points.

The weekends results seem disappointing of course because the gap has closed to the teams below but lets be honest, we aren't going to stay up on 43 points, so really nothing has actually changed too much, we still need the same amount of points as we did at the start of the weekend, the only difference is we have one less game to do it in.

Edited by Lee A

Barnsley (H)

Bristol City (A)

Blackburn (H)

Millwall (A)

Leeds United (A)

Blackpool (A)

Ipswich (H)

Peterborough (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

can you see us scoring a goal without antonio let alone enough to win 3 matches ????????? we could end up like them blunts did without ched but without the play offs as a safety net !

Edited by brian joicey

Barnsley (H) < Win 

Bristol City (A) < Draw

Blackburn (H) < Win

Millwall (A) < Lose

Leeds United (A) < Draw

Blackpool (A) < Lose

Ipswich (H) < Draw

Peterborough (A) < Lose

Middlesbrough (H) < Win 

Edited by SiJ

Look, I'm not Jones ' biggest fan myself but such negativity in this position with 10 games left surely isn't the way. If we win the next match the "we can finish tenth " brigade will be out. It's one extreme to the other with our lot. A win doesnt mean play offs and a defeat doesnt mean relegation.

Like I said to a kid at work today before the Leceister match we would have been happy with a point, the same against Cardiff. He agreed so I told him then why are you flipping moaning at gaining 1 more point. We do not have to rely on any other teams it is in our own hands, if we do go down then it is entirely our fault.