To calm down a few of the crazies...

Guest Distraught!

yes it does count and they were brilliant results fair play ,but what about the 14 or so we lost surely if we could play good enough to win the top teams we should have had a better showing in the games we lost ,if we hadn't lost so many would we be where we are at present ,and that brings us to now ,tbh I think we could have got a result on Saturday if we hadn't gone hoofball ,but the future games are what counts now ,people seem to think we will win this team that team or the other ,if it was so easy we would p-s the league wouldn't we, we can't say who we will beat tbh we can hope .but as reading says the hope can kill you ,relegation is to close to comfort for mine and quite a few other posters liking ,thats the reality of where we are ,teams below us and some above will be fighting tooth and nail to stay in this division ,

And the biggest fight of all has to come from us ,if that's negative so be it ,I call it realistic ,make no mistake I want us to stay up more than anything ,but the truth is can we win the battle

The point is are we in the position that we find ourselves because we are so bad or is it because the league we are in is turning out results the like of which we may not see again our lifetime? I cannot ever remember a season in any division when the bottom sides relentlessly picked up points. I have never seen a situation where one set of results on one particular day can see teams moving up or down by four or five places on such a regular basis. In any normal season, our points tally now would see us well outside the bottom three at this stage of the season. A fantastic run of results since Christmas has almost come to nought.

I can see no point in panicking. We should be capable of picking up another two or three wins and a few draws on top of that. In my mind, another ten points will do but given the nature of this division this season, I think we could do with an extra couple for security.

For sure, losing our most potent attacking option is a big blow. That situation certainly needs to be addressed. We need cover urgently in terms of a quality loan signing. There are too many important games coming up to take a chance on what we have.

That's the point though distraught and I value what you are saying ,but some think because it's only Barnsley or Peterborough and other teams we will win these teams ,it just dosent work like that it's not as easy as some seem to think mate ,

Guest Distraught!

That's the point though distraught and I value what you are saying ,but some think because it's only Barnsley or Peterborough and other teams we will win these teams ,it just dosent work like that it's not as easy as some seem to think mate ,

You are perfectly correct in what you say. These games are going to be as tough as any other we have faced this season. But it cuts both ways. It will be just as hard for them as it will be for us. However, we should still be able to get the points we need. If we don't, then we are the architects of our own downfall. I am nervous about the position now. I wasn't before kick off last Saturday.

we still have a game in hand which you could look at it as one free defeat as the table stands.

However the illusive 52 points every one is talking about I think we should be looking at more 56 which is remarkable to consider you may still get relegated on 52-55 points

I think our must wins are Barnsley, Bristol, Ipswich, Peterborough not just for the obvious but the first two will not only knock some of there momentum of them but it will seriously give us a good grounding and take the nerves out.

Barnsley game is MASSIVE loose that one and I see with there form it becomes a battle between the bottom 4 and I hate the look of Wolves team

2 points clear and 1 game in hand

Sh!t I've heard something along those lines before, but I can't think where lol lol

same here distraught my friend and I know it works both ways, lets hope the team can step up to the plate and play like they can play ,for me I think we play better when attacking than we do trying to defend I may be wrong but the safety first seems to result in the hoofeball that we see ,

Edited by trevdi9

I take solace from the fact that we've been one of the best teams in the division for 3 months now and that we only need to do about 60% as well over the next 9 games as we have over the past 16 or so. Yeah we might not do it and of course it won't be easy but it's amazing that anyone thought it would be anything but...

Us supporters have our part to play, however small a percentage that is, and flapping about in hysterics won't help matters. Whatever makes folk feel better though I suppose. Fact is we've shown enough now to suggest we can and will stay in the division, which would be a great achievement all things considered.

It's not the 'one loss against the top of the league' and we some are panicking though is it? It's the others below whom keep on picking up points, which is worring. And we have a few of em to play.

It's not beyond possibilty that we will not win another game, unlikely yes, but think back a few months.

I know the old cliche, don't worry about the others, we will just play our game blah blah blah. I think Bristol and Wolves will go. Leaving us Peterborough, Barns and Ipswich to fight it out. Barnsley will be tricky (as are all of our games left ) but Barnsley are next, lose that and confidence will seep down the bottom. Bristol after that and they will still be in with a chance of staying up, lose that one and I thinks it would be very difficult to stay up. 

So if you think losing another 2 games on the trot is not possible you truely are panic proof

Guest Distraught!

right now i'll settle for staying up no matter how/what/where/why etc 

Hopefully, that goes for every one of us (though I sometimes wonder if there are people that contribute to this forum that purport to being Wednesday fans that would rather see us relegated just so they make their sorry, benile little agendas come to the forefront of the discussion).