To calm down a few of the crazies...

Derby had not won in 8 games (something like that) and even they beat Leicester, there is something not right there at the mo, confidence is rock bottom despite their fantastic squad.

Would much rather play teams who are wobbling than have games against bang in form relegation rivals

Derby had not won in 8 games (something like that) and even they beat Leicester, there is something not right there at the mo, confidence is rock bottom despite their fantastic squad.

Would much rather play teams who are wobbling than have games against bang in form relegation rivals

Good point. The games against Barnsley and Bristol are going to be roller coasters I think.

I agree with the OP. We have enough in our locker to pick up the required points haul out of that run of games. I am, however, of the mindset that it MUST start on Saturday with 3 points against Barnsley. A defeat against them will put everyone rock bottom. Saturday is huge.... 

*tried not to sound contradictory*

If history is anything to go by we will need a maximum of 11 points from the final 9 games. The large number of teams still in the relegation scrap only increases the chances that 54 points may not be necessary. Do we believe we are good enough to get that many points? Our form since mid-December would indicate that we are.

If history is anything to go by we will need a maximum of 11 points from the final 9 games. The large number of teams still in the relegation scrap only increases the chances that 54 points may not be necessary. Do we believe we are good enough to get that many points? Our form since mid-December would indicate that we are.

Yes it does. How we cope with Antonio's absence will be key though.

We are going to have to find a way of winning at home. I fancy us to win a couple of the away games but I just can't see us winning any of the home games. Not only can I not see us winning any, I think we will lose most as we dont have the players to take the game to the opposition. Maybe we need to approach the games as we do an away game. Often in home games, with the crowd urging us on, we try and go for the winner leaving us open to the counter attack. At least if we sit back we might not lose. Two away wins and five draws will probably be OK.

Any attributes he brings to the game can be utilised anyway by bringing him up for set plays. It's not like we'd create that much for him in open play. Looking at our home form during this great run, since the new year we've played 8 at home and won 2. In five of them we haven't even scored.

People need to realise its not just about wot we do

This weekends results was a total disaster for us

Teams like Barnsley are capable of beating the top teams and more than capable of beating us

This, and the fact we've lost a key player (our top scorer and top assister).

We lost. To the team who are top of the league by some distance. We didn't play very well.

But take a look at our run-in.

Barnsley (H)

Bristol City (A)

Blackburn (H)

Millwall (A)

Leeds United (A)

Blackpool (A)

Ipswich (H)

Peterborough (A)

Middlesbrough (H)

3 wins might be enough to keep us up on 52 points. Can you seriously not see us maybe winning 3 of those games?

3 wins and a couple of draws would leave us in the mid-50's.

Can some of you please calm the flip down and remember that we beat Leicester a mere 9 bloody days ago.

It isn't an easy situation, but some people seem to have all but accepted relegation because we lost one game and a couple of results went against us.

It's not even about the Cardiff game for me, it's Antonio and the fact every result went against us - something that has been happening for many weeks now. All the teams around us are pulling results out of the bag. Yes we have as well but we've just lost the bit of creativity we had in our side. Morale will be low, our fans will be even more anxious at home, and now we face 2 of our biggest games of the season in a row, which we usually fair worst against when playing teams around us and below.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee. For many weeks quite a few people have been saying we'll be fine, where as some of us could see the danger. I sure hope the people saying we'll be fine turn out to be correct

This season is looking like the reverse of last season!

Last season: SUFC lost a key player and went boobies up, along with one of the highest points total ever in League 1.

This season: We've lost a key player, along with one of the highest points total needed to survive in Championship by the looks of it

Yes, I am majorly panicking

Any attributes he brings to the game can be utilised anyway by bringing him up for set plays. It's not like we'd create that much for him in open play. Looking at our home form during this great run, since the new year we've played 8 at home and won 2. In five of them we haven't even scored.

I agree. I also agree that it might have future possibilities too though.

I'm not convinced that four 6 pointers equates to an easy run of fixtures. 

was talking to a dingle fan last nite...

he said that they had run, and run, and run their socks off on saturday to shut watford down...

he said they didn't give them a minute on the ball, ever...

he said zola had commented that they'd not seen 100% pressure like that before, and couldn't live with it...

but the dingle added, "we dragged and limped our way off the field at the end, just about everybody looked to be carrying a knock or injury, we can't keep that up week in, week out, we haven't got the squad for it"...

the dingles have sh*t run in, have been involved in the cup till late...

with antonio i thought we would survive, now?, i wait to see who his replacements will be...

Edited by dnhc