Sheffield Wednesday top of the attendance table on Saturday !

Sheffield Wednesday are pleased to report that Saturday’s attendance of 22,044 for the Owls’ npower Championship clash against Brighton at Hillsborough was the highest in the Football League.

Wednesday continued their solid run of current form with a 3-1 win over the Seagulls in front of the biggest crowd not only in the second tier but across all three FL divisions.

With big games around the grounds, including a Midlands derby with Birmingham v Nottingham Forest, league leaders Cardiff away at Leeds and a capital clash between Crystal Palace and Charlton – the figures last weekend underline the outstanding support the Owls continue to receive.

As ever, Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank Wednesdayites for their fantastic backing!

The Owls are back on home soil this weekend with Derby County in town and are, of course, aiming to continue their climb up the Championship table.

We’ll see you there!

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Triplej2

I was predicting 23,500 so I thought (for us) it was a bit low. People are skint though and I guess we were still near the bottom of the league.

I predict 25,500 for derby

Guest Bedders

Well done fellow Owls! Bigger crowds = money in the bank = ability to compete buying better players.

Lets all support our way back to the big time! 

Guest Leeswfc3

I was predicting 23,500 so I thought (for us) it was a bit low. People are skint though and I guess we were still near the bottom of the league.

I predict 25,500 for derby

Its still a good attendance, like you say a lot of people can't afford it. nobody can ever knock our attendance!!! UTO!!!!

Guest Ripley Owl

Should be top attendance again this week hopefully

Then against forest in a couple of weeks.

Oh and wouldnt It be nice if we were to overtake Brighton on the last day of the season, against Boro.

Thus making us a more saleable and viable proposition for potential backers.

We have some big games coming up.

Derby, Forest & Palace all sound like decent games to me, Derby & Forest for the short distance/big clubs and Palace for the drama that happened last time.

I'd hope for 25,000 for Forest/Derby & 23,000+ for Palace. 

We may get a 30,000 this season if the momentum keeps gathering.

Guest Big Guns

We was only top of the attendance cos Brighton played away....

Not to brag about tbh that attendance should be about 28k everyweek too many parttimers in our fan base...

Guest Ripley Owl

We was only top of the attendance cos Brighton played away....

Not to brag about tbh that attendance should be about 28k everyweek too many parttimers in our fan base...

Moving to a new stadium,a successful team and backers with a few quid have all helped to get the attendance up at Brighton.

Exactly the Same will happen here if Milan finds the right investors.

If that happens I can see our average attendance shoot well over the 30,000 mark

UP THE OWLS !