Overseas/American readers

Guest Big Guns

i wudnt watch the superbowl if it wer in my back garden

Who was that poster who pretended to live in America but really lived in Norfolk Park ?

Oh no Neil was this an attempt to get a sane thread going after my rant yesterday ?! Sorry I missed it mate! Anyways, I listen to most games on Player (which is way more reliable nowadays) get up at 9.30, get a pot of coffee brewed and listen to the drama unfold while tweeting using a lot of exclamation marks usually.

When we're on TV its a slightly different routine as I try to cajole the 30+ members of the New York Owls to join us at The Football Factory bar in midtown manhattan to watch the game together. Think the most we've had down at once was about 13 wednesday fans, but we always pick up some stragglers and friends of friends who are converted by the end of it.

Im very optimistic for the season, think we'll push up to mid-table mediocrity, its been a decent transfer window but I reckon a cpl more loans will come in. Very Happy with Lita and Helan, the latter how nice is it to have a loan player who WANTS to play for us and will choose us over a play-off team. Just shows that DJ has cultivated a good team atmosphere.

Overall, onwards and upwards, we'll keep the blue flag (here in NYC) flying high!

Located on the west coast of USA, up at 5am watch a bit of BPL, then at 7am onto twitter and Owlstalk for the excellent banter during the game, 3 points basically guarantees a good weekend. Had my doubts about DJ after Terry Burton left, but Stuart Gray coming in seems to have had a positive impact.

Spent many a good day out at Hillsborough during the sixties, so thanks to all who post the goals onto YouTube, really appreciated.

UTO

Thats 2 west coast owls that have come out of the woodwork today. Found a guy in LA on twitter earlier, are you anywhere near there? LA owls would be cool.

North, nearer San Francisco, but know an Owl from the LA area who organizes and assigns all the referees for youth footy games down there - top man!

Happy that we have gone for quality over quantity in this transfer window. Still feel that we could have done with shipping another few out.

re: game watching/listening of it's televised I head over to the in-laws (all now Wednesdayites) or if it isn't the alarm is set to listen to it on WP at some awful time.

Try to post on here during games too but think that my half conscious ramblings don't make too much sense...

Think DJ has finally started to established what he can do tactically with the players that he has, but it definitely feels like an improvisation on his "ideal" set up. One or two floppy transfers and that happens though.

Think he will attempt to rectify over the summer, but don't expect as many ins and outs as the one prior to the start of this season.

Hesitant to say we've turned a corner just yet but he last few weeks have been better. Reda seems to have made all the difference but I'm not yet convinced of our goals-scoring potential

I do thing bringing in Pugh, Lita and Helan are good moves and if Lita stays fit he could be the difference. Dave Jones is better than pre-Xmas results suggest so onwards and upwards in 2013

I am less worried about relegation than I was.

I've given up on Wednesday Player although this is mainly because everytime I listen we lose. I do catch the highlights when I've time and will watch live streams if the timing works for me.

I would change this though if WP provided good quality live streams of games (Neil, are you listening :dry: )

Doubt I'll make it to any games this season :sad: so I've not been since 2010

You're turning into a right old misery Dave lol

Guest bungletheowl

I guess living overseas its frustrating seeing players come and go because i havent seen them play, so i dont have an opinion on how good they are ( Bothroyd being a good example as I thought that was an awesome signing). At the end of the day i just trust MM and DJ to get it right, and i think MM has proven that we should trust him and his decisions.

As for listening to games, living in brisbane means i have to get up at 1am and listen on WP, which is annoying because it cuts out a lot and you never really know where the ball is. Occassionally theres a game on Foxtel, so i go to a mates (he's a pig fan) and watch it there.

Up The Owls

Goin for a kip before the game tonight