Overseas/American readers

I get out of bed on a Saturday morning and turn the internet on, the game has finished so I go into BBC sports, get the result then log onto OT and gauge the reaction of the fans who went or listened to the game.

Never doubted DJ think he will get us to the promised land. Good to get rid of the rubbish but how do you know the replacements when they arrive will be any better ? Would love to see more homegrown talent and less reliance on loan players, but thats the way the game is.

ps good evening.

Edited by Señor Sam

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

I'm a little bit disappointed that we didn't add another striker since we have three proper strikers and one of which is Maguire who is either injured/rubbish depending on the day of the week. I'm in two minds about the striker loan outs that did and didn't happen: I love Madine, but I think he should have gone out on loan to get his confidence back up again and hopefully we could have seen the same situation as seen with Coke and Prutton. I'm kind of glad he's staying though I also am bricking it regarding his court case, which I don't feel is going to end well. COG is a strange one, despite him not being the striker we need, I'm still loathe to let him go as he is our top scorer and has qualities that we don't have in our other strikers. Weird to see him eventually go to Barnsley, especially after the end of Keith Hill and Keith Hill's continual wankfest to sign him.

I try to catch as many of the games as I can here in Canada through online streaming and the full game recordings through Player. I was a season ticket holder for the last three years before I came out last Summer and I caught every home game when I was back from December to early January even spending practically my last tenner to watch that tedious cup game against the MK Dons.

Btw, if you're reading this Neil, could you respond to my PM please? I know you're probably inundated, but a reply, even if you can't help, would be much appreciated, ta!  :biggrin:

Feels like we've turned the corner finally -fingers crossed.

Sad to see COG go out but very happy that Helan is back.

Funny thing is Robson going to the Blunts. He was here in Vancouver with the Whitecaps at the end of last MLS season. During that time he became very unpopular with both fans and his teammates through basically being an arrogant one-footed wee pipe. He and the Blunts deserve each other. That said hell probably do the job in Div 3 for them.

Saturdays kick off is at 7am here. Follow on Player or Twitter. Coming over for the Forest and Watford games- cant wait.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Pretty pleased overall.  Re-signing helan was very importand and the signing of Lita was vital as we needed an experienced GOAL SCORER up there.  I think Pugh will also be an important cog (pardon the pun) due to his versatility.

As for the players who have gone out, I'm over the moon about losing Sidibe and Reynolds. They are pants.  Hemroyd and Rodri needed to go and I can understand the reasoning behind Lines going too even though I rate him.  i have never really rated COG even though he tries hard but letting him out to Barnsley is a strange one.  Also think Lavery and Fletcher will benefit from lower league experience.

When the loan window opens, I would let Corry go out for experience and possibly Maguire. Mattock can go for me too as Pugh and Helan can cover Reda and Mattock is poo !

We need one more decent striker and we should be fine!

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Forgot to say. Listen to player every Saturday night from midnight(at the moment) and watch the highlights/games on player later.  My mates go nuts at me because I often refuse to go out so I can listen to the games.  I also blame it on the 3 kids but the main reason is the footy.  Only missed two games so far (Charlton home and MK Dons in cup...luckily)!

At present setting phone on vibrate under pillow for 3:45 am {for some reason the alarm going off upset the wife) every Sunday morning to listen to the games live on player. If we're lucky see the games live on the net, (roll on the forest game).

Quite philosophical about players coming and going. Learnt that looking back with David Hurst, through sentiment we held onto him for too long, should have got the money and used it for other players (Man United 5 mill). Some supporters focus in on favourite players not looking at the bigger team picture. No matter how good a player is, if it doesn't work {or the money is good), then move them on and let them try and get success somewhere else, and allow us to try somebody else.

A bit brief but I hope you get my drift, I have faith in the total management team of The Wednesday. - 10am for you guys 11pm for me, I'm off to bed

nzowl

I watch the games when I can on Skysports streaming connected to the tv.  I did see the Hull win (looking forward to seeing the Forest game too).  I do search youtube for goals but that of course doesn't really show you how well the team is playing.  Mostly it's a case of refreshing the BBCs website for scores and match stats (which of course can be misleading).  I tried listening to the radio but the Football League cuts that out (I have tried to sort out a proxy but with no luck so just resign myself to the BBC website).

Impressions?  First, I'm just incredibly cautious (if Wednesday had won 3 more games, their position would quite different, but really, is winning 3 more games that much of a difference?) as this league is tight.  It seems even the bottom teams can knock off the top teams.....  Anyway, judging by recent results it seems like there has been a corner turned, though it seems Burnley-at-home-like performances can be a possibility as well.

Couple of impressions I have got by watching the limited amount of Wednesday: Llera seems to be a great player, and that Jones recognized when he was handicapped by his squad and lack of quality and depth and played the team withdrawn and compact to make it difficult to be scored on (though of course, it then makes it more difficult to score unless you're good at breakaways).  Before anyone poo poos this, remember, I've only got a snapshopt, YMMV.  I'm also wary of Lita -one swallow does not a Summer make -but hopefully he will do well!

Should add, I don't get up early; on the US east coast, 3:00pm BST =10:00am EST. I'm usually up by 7:00am EST anyway.

its funny how we all get so giddy/excited about attending one or two matches a season, well i do anyway.

I saw a blunt the other day and wasnt wearing my Owls coat so thought it wrong to point and laugh. 

Im sick of the player tbh, it works but as a basic tool.  The highlights is still runnin at 240p no matter what res you pick.

To complete the sh!t sandwich ill say im glad we are progressing, as in not losing every week, Lita has pedigree and hopefully he'll help make Madine a better Champ player.

I think our realistic plan seems to be to finish 4th bottom and hopefully Milan will sell or re-invest in Champ next year as i dont think he wants to put much more money in.

Happy with the way we have played the last  6 weeks. Finally seem to have turned the corner and if we keep this form going we will easily be safe come the end of the season. Really enjoyed the Wolves game, but we should have won by at least 3 given the chances we had. Maybe my being there jinxed things!

I'm on the east coast of the US and am five hours behind the UK so most games start for me at 10am. My eldest daughter is now old enough to be playing sports on Saturdays (her swimming competitions typically last four hours) so I normally don't listen to the games but refresh Twitter every 30 seconds or so and have a videoprinter feed from futbol24.com on my phone. The goals come through on both of those normally before they do on WP which seems to have a delay of a minute or so, so I don't miss much by not listening live.

Having lived in the US for the best part of twenty years now I don't get to see too many Wednesday games, but the live coverage of the Premier League on ESPN and Fox is outstanding. The problem with being fed a diet of top-tier football however is that whenever I do see Wednesday on a live feed I am generally a little depressed at the quality of the football served up for the majority of the game. 

That's not intended to be negative - I'll take a win every day of the week and things are clearly improving for the better - but I left for the US permanently in the mid-90's with Hirst, Sheridan, Waddle, Nilsson, Bright and so on, so it's difficult not to compare everything to those days.

From where I sit there are a currently number of real positives. Stability is the main one. Financially of course, but I also think that Mandaric's backing of Jones during a tough period was admirable and exactly what the club needed after many years of chopping and changing in a knee jerk fashion. Results have turned and I personally think that Wednesday will have little problem reaching mid--table this season.

I also think the club has worked really hard to repair its relationship with the fans. Unlike clubs awash with money and mercenary players, there appears to be a genuine spirit of camaraderie and "in this together" among staff, players and fans, which is evident in tweets from players including little things that matter like using the word "massive" and so on. At the end of the day the players are young guys plying their trade, trying their hardest and direct support from the fans goes a long way to boosting their confidence and making them better players. People should remember that when they spout crap on Twitter or other forums, you can be almost certain that they read it or hear about it. 

Overall? Well if you'd have asked me this time last year if I'd take where we are now I'd have bitten your hand off. It's only upwards from here as far as I can see.

Cheers.

Hesitant to say we've turned a corner just yet but he last few weeks have been better. Reda seems to have made all the difference but I'm not yet convinced of our goals-scoring potential

I do thing bringing in Pugh, Lita and Helan are good moves and if Lita stays fit he could be the difference. Dave Jones is better than pre-Xmas results suggest so onwards and upwards in 2013

I am less worried about relegation than I was.

I've given up on Wednesday Player although this is mainly because everytime I listen we lose. I do catch the highlights when I've time and will watch live streams if the timing works for me.

I would change this though if WP provided good quality live streams of games (Neil, are you listening :dry: )

Doubt I'll make it to any games this season :sad: so I've not been since 2010