Bothroyd going back to QPR

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="PeteG_1984" data-cid="4226066" data-time="1356972422"><p>

Massive sigh of relief breathed.<br />

<br />

When's bothroyd's contract up at QPR? I can see him dropping down the leagues then eventually going to USA or Australia still thinking he should still be playing in the premiership.</p></blockquote>

No ta.

Jones wanted to keep him but QPR wanted him back

And that's quite ironic really. 90% of people on this forum have slated Bothroyd for his apparent lack of appetite for the game, wanted him out of the club, and when we were getting beat every week, there seemed to be a clamour for us to approach Harry Redknapp, with a view to him taking over as manager. Now it transpires that the player nobody wanted is being recalled to his club, by the man everybody seemed to want as our manager a few weeks ago. According to the papers Redknapp wants Bothroyd to help in the fight against relegation, and that really is ironic.

And that's quite ironic really. 90% of people on this forum have slated Bothroyd for his apparent lack of appetite for the game, wanted him out of the club, and when we were getting beat every week, there seemed to be a clamour for us to approach Harry Redknapp, with a view to him taking over as manager. Now it transpires that the player nobody wanted is being recalled to his club, by the man everybody seemed to want as our manager a few weeks ago. According to the papers Redknapp wants Bothroyd to help in the fight against relegation, and that really is ironic.

Is he actually being recalled? I thought it was a natural end of the current loan

I think it is completely fair to say Bothroyd is not a team player. Results and performances without him clearly show this. Said it before and will say it again Bothroyd only interested in himself.

you'd have thought that jones having worked with him at cardiff would have spotted that .

Guest Bedders

Shame it didn't work out................. but his supposed talent has not really been seen by us!

We can't afford to carry anyone who is looking to regain form at the moment.....we need grafters otherwise we could end up going down! 

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Is he just a one season wonder?

Not done anything in prem really has he...

Seems like an FJ9 in the making to me?

Soon be there...  not quite as injury prone yet though.