Development Squad

I was just posting about Zaha at Palace and I was thinking how great their youth policy is.

That got me thinking about our development squad. Has anyone seen them?

After administration Palace had some tough times but with youth players coming through they are doing very well.

I wonder if our investment and Jones' buiding will pay off?

I was just posting about Zaha at Palace and I was thinking how great their youth policy is.

That got me thinking about our development squad. Has anyone seen them?

After administration Palace had some tough times but with youth players coming through they are doing very well.

I wonder if our investment and Jones' buiding will pay off?

Well, if you scout more and further than before, and bring the players in then there is a greater chance that you will get a player or two that can make it.

It's going to take 8-10 years though for any academy changes to filter through to the development squad as thats how long it takes our current under 10's t get there.

I only really see our youth players in pre-season & must admit I was impressed with a few of the young ones.

yes against the likes of dinnington and hallam they probably were impressive ......zaha is going to go for zillions .i'm struggling to think of one player we have brought up in the last 50 years who fetched in decent money .

Taken from the bottom of the O'Grady article in the star.

As much as DJ is getting a slagging at the minute, we can't argue with the fact that we have some good players being kept on their toes and hopefully pushing for a starting place.

O’Grady lost his starting place to Gary Madine for the game at Middlesbrough last Friday but did not play in a strong reserves side in a behind-closed-doors game against Huddersfield at Middlewood yesterday.

The team included Stephen Bywater, Martin Taylor, Kieran Lee, Chris Lines, Joe Mattock, Rhys McCabe, Jermaine Johnson, Rodri and Danny Mayor.

Wednesday won 3-1 with goals in the first half by Mayor and Johnson and one in the second half by Rodri.

Guest James Junny

They all look very good prospects, Moses, mckenzie, grant, heri, lavery, fletcher, lee, mayor, mattock will develop as will palmer,Corey,mccabe, madine, Antonio, beevers, maguire, future looks very bright. We will get the better from our own region from now. There is one player that is a future star and hes jack stobbs the one to watch for sure.

yes against the likes of dinnington and hallam they probably were impressive ......zaha is going to go for zillions .i'm struggling to think of one player we have brought up in the last 50 years who fetched in decent money .

Tony Kay, Peter Eustace, Wilf Smith, Colin Dobson, Albert Quixall, Mel Sterland, and there must be more than those. Maybe they didn't go for mega money by today's standards, but at the time they went for very good fees.

Tony Kay, Peter Eustace, Wilf Smith, Colin Dobson, Albert Quixall, Mel Sterland, and there must be more than those. Maybe they didn't go for mega money by today's standards, but at the time they went for very good fees.

So nothing in the last 25 years. Cosmic.

So nothing in the last 25 years. Cosmic.

Anything decent we've brought through the youth system left on frees or were released.

Odonnell

Quinn

Bromby

Geary

Hamshaw

Could have all commanded fees at some point.

Spurr went for peanuts, as will beevers probably. It's a long slow road, our inability to sell anyone for a profit has been shocking. Aside from brunt, Alexanderson and bougherra, I can't think of anyone since we fell out of the premier. Whelan, tudgay and grant all went for much less than we could have got.