What next? Chris Lines out on loan?

Big over-reaction. Don't really understand the euphoria on here surrounding Madine. This season he has been poor, I've even nicknamed him 'The Ghost' as most of the time you don't realise he's on the pitch. If a better striker is coming in, what's the problem?

:ghoulguy:

I can see him starting before the end of the month tbh.

He won't play in November, apart from maybe a sub appearance or two and a few behind closed doors games.

But in December, the game come thick and fast and I think we'll see him back in the team.

And I also think he will keep the shirt too.

Under Dave Jones a loanee will be in the team no matter how they perform or even if they are unfit (Rodri apart). Further than that unless you have been under a stone the word "Swindon" is ringing alarm bells about the thinking going on at the moment.

Sorry mate but i dont understand why "Swindon" should ring alarm bells.... I think its a great move for both parties involved....

Big over-reaction. Don't really understand the euphoria on here surrounding Madine. This season he has been poor, I've even nicknamed him 'The Ghost' as most of the time you don't realise he's on the pitch. If a better striker is coming in, what's the problem?

There is absolutely no way a central midfield partnership of Semedo and Lines would be good enough in this league It probably wasn't good enough in the third division as we rarely controlled the midfield area. I seem to recall Megson feeling the need to play the extra midfielder, often selecting the legendary JOC to help out Semedo and Lines

how can people neg you? seriously wonder if some of our fans watch the same team

Lines is the type of solid citizen we have been missing. Got a good engine on him, good positional sense and remind me who had the greatest number of assists last year? Takes decent corners (There's a novelty) I think we've missed him more than most realise, especially Jose, who looked lost without him.

Lines is what we need.

A calming influence in midfield who can deliver a set piece.

"the proof of the pudding" as they say...

for me lines won't get much game time...

however a serious number of people seem to think his much heralded return will be the turning point...

i'll be surprised as in my mind he's lightweight, but time will tell...

out of all the players we brought up with us, he was the first one i expected to be replaced...

however as they say "time will tell", let's see if he makes an impact out on loan, or not...

if he does, all well and good, bring him back and get him out there...

if not, then there's just the matter of gurujuan and big guns knowing more about the game than YOU! :tango:

Edited by dnhc

Madine is only 22 and not been in the best of form. A few months out on loan away from Sheffield will give him a chance to get the confidence going again.

O'Grady is our top scroing striker, we can hardly loan Bothroyd and Rodri out (and they are better technical palyers anyway) and Maguire is injured. So Madine is the obvious candidate to make way at this stage for someone to score goals.

Rodri was always signed from day one to have a look out, get used to Engalnd and adapt etc. Bothroyd has had a bad couple of games but hes still a better player than Madine at this stage in both of their careers.

Lets not over react

Guest Big Guns

We are missing lines this is a well known fact, Proper proper footballer and ill fight anyone to the death including you big guns who disagrees.

Sorry don't fight fat kids to the death or not

But for the record were missing lines as much as I miss flippingtoothache ,headache, piles and rating dog poo poo

Are we clear.

Sorry don't fight fat kids to the death or not

But for the record were missing lines as much as I miss flippingtoothache ,headache, piles and rating dog poo poo

Are we clear.

Eating