What next? Chris Lines out on loan?

Given the muddled thinking coming out of S6 at the moment, will we have to send Chris Lines out on loan when he's fit as we can't drop a loanee?

That would actually be a totally sensible option to get Lines up to full match fitness.

But hey, lets be critical of everything the club are doing

Guest Big Guns

No one believes me but lines was going out on a season long loan to swindon before he got injured

That's why coke went instead

Even moonraker knows I'm right as always

I've heard its rovram he's going too now

Why cant we drop a loanee....? What thinking is muddled....? I dont see the point of this thread...? Please explain....

Under Dave Jones a loanee will be in the team no matter how they perform or even if they are unfit (Rodri apart). Further than that unless you have been under a stone the word "Swindon" is ringing alarm bells about the thinking going on at the moment.

Lines should go out on loan, he's been injured for some time and is gonna need games He surely cannot be compared to Barkley?

So why do we have to play 3 in midfield then? because neither McCabe, Corry or Barkley as talented as each of them are have the positional sense of a more experienced, if not less technically gifted player and Barkley is our future till the minute an Everton player gets injured.

Guest totemowl

Given the muddled thinking coming out of S6 at the moment, will we have to send Chris Lines out on loan when he's fit as we can't drop a loanee?

Calm down.

Stop blubbing.

Explain the 'muddled thinking'.

There is absolutely no way a central midfield partnership of Semedo and Lines would be good enough in this league It probably wasn't good enough in the third division as we rarely controlled the midfield area. I seem to recall Megson feeling the need to play the extra midfielder, often selecting the legendary JOC to help out Semedo and Lines

Big over-reaction. Don't really understand the euphoria on here surrounding Madine. This season he has been poor, I've even nicknamed him 'The Ghost' as most of the time you don't realise he's on the pitch. If a better striker is coming in, what's the problem?

There is absolutely no way a central midfield partnership of Semedo and Lines would be good enough in this league It probably wasn't good enough in the third division as we rarely controlled the midfield area. I seem to recall Megson feeling the need to play the extra midfielder, often selecting the legendary JOC to help out Semedo and Lines

I'm not saying it would be good enough but you discounting him the way you did, IMO is unfair.

We wouldn't have got promoted whilst carrying passengers last year.

Fair enough, I would never suggest that he was a passenger and I acknowledge that he played an integral part in our promotion charge. What I am saying though, the Semedo Lines axis struggled to impose itself in many matches last season against opponents who moved the ball about in midfield. Now in a league where more and more teams possess real quality in this area, in my opinion, last years pairing would simply be swamped

Guest zico sterland

But while Lines has been out,are corner kicks,free kicks,and final balls into the box have been awfull,stop knocking the lad and judge when he is fit and had a chance.Preseason he was very good.