Dave Jones - In or out?

Genine question, as our opinions differ, but who, and where would you see it coming from if MM did make a change, given that any new manager woud have to work to the same financial restraints as DJ, ie a few kids, loans and the odd few hundred thousands to spend on bringing more averagness to the club.

I think there comes a point in the season when MM would pull the trigger if this form continues. Everyone says we can't do better than Jones, but if we've picked up say 20 points from 23 games (ie half the season), the argument that someone like a Curbishley could motivate the players more effectively becomes stronger and stronger.

In........but only just, really can't see us getting anything at Boro, in fact looking at the fixtures we're going to struggle to get anything in the next 5 games UNLESS there is a BIG improvement.

I honestly think DJ will be gone before December.

50 points is about the average number of points needed to stay up in the Championship - at the moment we are averaging a point a game, which if continued would most likely see us relegated. Although in the 2007/2008 season 54 points was needed.

I don't think MM will be happy at either the points gained, the overall performances or the style of football.

Megson was doing alright, then got in a bit of a rut (When Marshall left?). DJ got better performances from the squad until the end of the season.

Now his right-hand man Burton has left, I don't think he is getting the tactics right, or the best out of his players. Sometimes different managers get better results out of the same group of players. Any subs watching that 5hite last night, and knowing full well that JB would stay on the pitch - must have thought, what's the point - I'm never going to get a game.

Edited by royalowlisback

still on the fence and all i know is this can't continue as is because football has a habit of relegation sneaking up on you quicker than you think ;and at the moment we havent the team to play catch up ,supposedly they are a technically better team of players this is yet to be proved,the strongest ones we have are last seasons players who were deemed not good enough , the rest though who are so superior are doing nothing, apart from young Barkley who will be gone if moyes decides he is needed ,and as for Bothroyd if he dosent start to cut it and is played every week before Madine ,jj ,and whoever there will be some unrest at the club if it aint started now ,no player should be undropable unless he performs every game . does Bothroyd ?,

Edited by trevdi9

Guest Leeswfc3

Behind what ? what were your expectations, were you expecting a magnificently succesful season ???.

Too far behind in the table(thought that was obvious,sorry) and yes i must admit i was hoping for a more succesful season than the bottom 3. And whats wrong with that?

In. He's shown that he can provide the team with winning tactics, I believe the rest of it is down to the players themselves. Look at all the good performances we've seen, Dave Jones can only contribute so much to the team!

The winning Tactics was while Terry Burton was here to help since he left Jones seems to have lost the plot a little.

If something does not work change it! 4-5-1 does not work for us try something new.

2 more games and if he has not changed things then he has to go for me

just turning this around, and this is in no way a dig but at what point would you say he's had enough time to put things right? Would he get the next 6 games, until Christmas, Easter, the end of the season. You must in your own mind have some kind of target, so if we won 1 and drew 2 of the next 6 is this progress enough, if we're in the bottom three and 6 points adrift at Christmas is it time for a change or do we give Dave a full season even if we are relegated. I'm just interested in how long different people think is long enough, personally I would say 10 or 11 points from the next 6 games.

just had a glance at the next 6 games, I would be delighted with 10 or 11 points, a more realistic target would probably be 8 or 9.

I'm sticking with my targets from after the Hull game [sorry DJM], we're on 7 points at the moment so we need something from Boro.

If I honestly ask myself "Do I think things will improve with Dave Jones in charge" then I've got to say no.

When I looked at the start of the season I thought the crunch point would be the 3 game run in December (Bristol, Barnsley, Charlton). I genuinely cannot see him lasting that long now though.

DJM............................ I'm still sticking with my targets from yesterday, 8 or 9 points from the next 6 games IN, less than that OUT.

[unless we're playing like Real Madrid/Barcelona/Spain and have had a couple of really dubious penalties given against us, in that case IN. I get your point re targets]

DJ's Wednesday career could rest on a dodgy penalty decision either way, life on a knife edge. But a miss is as good as a mile so less than 8 points Out, 8 or above and we move on to the next target.

Guest intercity0wl

Too far behind in the table(thought that was obvious,sorry) and yes i must admit i was hoping for a more succesful season than the bottom 3. And whats wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with it at all, just that my own expectations were lower, and got decidedly lower as i watched what DJ was being backed with and who it allowed him to look at, and was lowered even more when watching Milans face contort as he realised he was going to have to pay big bucks (by his standards) to bring in Antonio and avert a fan Mutiny.

Your expectations, not mine are the true expectations we as supporters of a club this big should all have, we should also have the belief these expectations and ambitions would be backed better than i think they have been, after all we all do our bit to also put finances into the club in differing ways, so all in all i think my expectations are more likely to be met than yours, which is a shame.

Edited by intercity0wl

DJ's Wednesday career could rest on a dodgy penalty decision either way, life on a knife edge. But a miss is as good as a mile so less than 8 points Out, 8 or above and we move on to the next target.

the post above was in reply to one made after the Hull City game, Boro will be game six

Edited by lt109

OUT we can't afford to go down and neither can Double M and after last night we are better than this and DJ is in or is he out?Last night was a touch too much for me Blackpool I mean come on...3 points!

It worries me when we get totally outplayed by a team playing simple pass and move. When we pass the ball we stand still. There has to be something wrong in training and the tactics are definitely not working. The only benefit of the 4-5-1 system is that Semedo's game has improved since we started playing it. I will stick with DJ for the time being but my patience is wearing thin.

IN....he deserves it for last season...Yes i'm p*ssed off with the tactics, but if he is developing something..lets give him time to live or die by it...Jones knows football better than we do...although this in no way debars us from an opinion...its all about opinions...but christ..its not Christmas yet...I will settle for staying up this year...Bolton, Blackburn, Birmingham, Blackpool, all still with money left from parachute payments Wednesday did not have when we fell from grace...Leeds Palace 'Boro...all clubs that took the easy option of admin...some more than once...Wednesday kept their history intact..to the detriment of the club probably...Mandaric bailed us out, but is not going to throw stupid money at it...So we have to do it the way we have been doing it for years...and swapping and changing managers..is going to build flip all..we have done it before and not gone anywhere..the only time its really worked is when Meggo went and Jones came in...and most of us were against that...proof we know nowt...

For me he has to go.

Negative, boring football. Poor signings and now the referee is to blame for every defeat - he is starting to sound like Warnock, only without the passion or fight. Irvine mark2.

I could understand in away games is one up front dealy, but at home regardless of opposition, we set up the same way, knowing full well that if we go a goal behind, that is it - game over.

But what is the general consensus on here now?

I have just taken a huge dump. Can you come and clean it up with your face?

I say this because your comments are borderline messed up.

In. But if he was to go how would people feel if he was made Director of Football to oversea / continue the re-building of the club, because lets face it he has done a lot in very little time i.e. putting together a development squad and improving the training facilities.