Dave Jones - In or out?

I love how those that don't share some posters' views are labelled 'morons' or accused of 'having less than half a brain'. Such arrogance.

I don;t think those comments are aimed at people who disagree, I think it is aimed at those morons who saying such things like Dave Jones is "Alan Irvine MK II". And in truth, those people are morons!

I don;t think those comments are aimed at people who disagree, I think it is aimed at those morons who saying such things like Dave Jones is "Alan Irvine MK II". And in truth, those people are morons!

I rest my case.

I would like to agree with you but the comments above are clearly directed at "anyone" who wants Jones out. This holier than thou poo poo is getting tiresome.

IN

The fact is, if we survive this season, I'd class it as a success. We are a young squad, with a lot of players not playing at this level before.

Had we not started so well, and the expectations not been ludicriously raised because of it, I don't think we'd see the unrest thats gradually creeping in.

I don't think he's helping himself, but, on the whole, I think he's done enough previously to stick with him.

The signing of a striker would definitely help his case though.

Part of the reason we have such a young squad is because DJ has signed them. It has been obvious since before the season started that we needed an experienced central Midfielder. Yet he has signed McCabe, Corry and Berkley on loan. We are now having to play a system that accomodates our young midfield, sacrificing our attacking threat (even more so because Bothroyd appears to untouchable) in the process.

Put yourself in MM's shoes here. You have a manager who has signed, what, 5 strikers, including a highly paid loanee who we are contractually obligated to play even though as a striker he has utterly failed so we have to accommodate him wide midfield and he knocks on your office door and says we need a new striker. Honestly, what would you say? :tango:

Out - Have zero confidence in the mans decisions, also dont like the way he keeps saying how he hates the Championship, hardly a winning mentality is it. If my boss came into work every day saying how much he hates it here, I wouldnt know what to think and despite what is being said on here about the DJ critics, at no point was I expecting us to get promotion this season

But we have only played 15 games so unless i've missed something and the season is 3 months long then how is it anything other than knee jerk?

the use of a question mark indicates that I am asking a question. When does it stop becoming knee jerk? If we are 30 games into the season and have 25 points, would it still be knee jerk?

Edited by CrosbyKitchens

Put yourself in MM's shoes here. You have a manager who has signed, what, 5 strikers, including a highly paid loanee who we are contractually obligated to play even though as a striker he has utterly failed so we have to accommodate him wide midfield and he knocks on your office door and says we need a new striker. Honestly, what would you say? :tango:

"Get back the amount we paid for Martin Taylor and of course you can David" :milan:

We are a team new to this league, with players who haven't played at this level before, it's not going to be a cake walk.

Despite the pre season optimism we were never going to go straight up or have a shot at the play offs.

Jones is building a new era, this needs time and patience.

All of course, in your opinion.

Starting with one 'striker' up front in O'Grady, and then providing him with little support (unless you include Berkley running past him every single time in the hope of a flick-on as support), and then taking him off at half-time to replace him with a winger - what the flip is that?

We finally have a couple of wingers on the pitch, and no s0dding striker. Madine would have been ideal in that second half - MA and JJ had nobody to aim at.

We are sleep-walking to relegation, if we are to go down I'd rather do it trying to win games, rather than trying not to lose....

Guest Banno's Wedge

I know football's moved on a bit but I'm not sure we had to 'learn' the divsion when promoted under Jack, Howard or Big Ron/Tricky Trev.

I've never been a big fan of this fella due to the way he took over from Meggo, but wasn't one of his strengths supposed to be a good understanding of what's needed in the championship?

He may go on to prove me wrong but he doesn't seem to show much of a feeling for the job. I don't meen jumping up and down, but his general demeanour just doesn't do it for me,

The big wory for me is that our best players so far this season have been buxton, Lieera, Semodo, Antonio Berkley and COG. The big dissapointments have been Taylor, Rodri, Bothroyd, Maguire, McCabe. Other than Berkley theres a theme there. I think we have been very patient in understanding this rebuilding proccess. But we are a third of the way through the season and are not playing well, crowds are dropping and we are turning on each other. Not good.

One other thing Bothroyds been steadily improving playing wide, after being poor playing up front, so why swop that at half time?

We are a team new to this league, with players who haven't played at this level before, it's not going to be a cake walk.

Despite the pre season optimism we were never going to go straight up or have a shot at the play offs.

Jones is building a new era, this needs time and patience.

all the starting 11 last night have played at this level or higher before, with the exception of cogba.

Guest intercity0wl

Part of the reason we have such a young squad is because DJ has signed them. It has been obvious since before the season started that we needed an experienced central Midfielder. Yet he has signed McCabe, Corry and Berkley on loan. We are now having to play a system that accomodates our young midfield, sacrificing our attacking threat (even more so because Bothroyd appears to untouchable) in the process.

Think you have answered your own querie there, it would have been obvious to DJ also what was required, but what he brought in was what were available at what MM and PA were willing to splash out, hence the young inexperienced midfield, you cannot make a silk purse springs to mind.