Gardner - 6

Jones - 5

Antonio - 6

Barkley - 6

Semedo - 6

McCabe - 5

Bothroyd - 5

O.Grady - 5 (JJ - 5)

Blackpool were a far better side than us, but i'd have stomached effect a lot more if we'd given it a go - we didn't.

No urgency as on Saturday, no desire to move forward with the ball.

Buxton was our best player. Jones out of his depth. Gardner and Llera solid but so easy to pass around them.

Bothroyd had another of his 'Sibon' days - didn't look interested at times. O'Grady can only do one thing well, hold the ball up and keeping possession, and he wasn't doing it. Antonio cacks himself when through on goal. McCabe had his worst game since he's been here. Barkley not up to his best.

It was very poor towards the end, and the second didn't flatter them, but hopefully we'll just call it a bad day at the office and move on. No need to panic with the results we've been getting lately.

Guest foreverSWFC

Buxton MOM, probably the only one who deserves a mention.

Centre backs did ok, but were chasing shadows at times, Llera beaten too easily for second goal.

Jones out of his depth I'm afraid, struggled against Ince in particular. Has no confidence whatsoever either, be positive with the ball.

Antonio, explosive at times, an outlet, but shocking in front of goal and final ball was sloppy. His body language was poor at times aswell, lazy and defeated.

McCabe, very poor, kept trying that killer ball In the first, worked once in about 5 attempts. Looked very inexpierienced.

Barkley not his best performance. Semedo poor for me, slow in possession and his passes just slowed the game down.

O'Grady all on his own, poor first touch and just looked isolated.

Bothroyd, was he even playing? Pathetic performance, didn't show his 'quality' once.

Rodri looked awful when he came on, giving fouls away and looked out of his depth. Poor. JJ didn't offer enough, tries hard but hasn't got that cutting edge.

Blackpool were a very good side an outclassed us, they're no mugs and we were shown up tonight. They were quicker, had urgency with the ball and closed us down effectively.

Doesn't sound like it was the greatest game, I still think there are worse sides in the division than us and we are still nowhere near our best form.

Very strange division this season.......Palace top......Charlton stunning Cardiff who were flying with an absolute blitz of goals.

Those back to back wins we've just had will prove to be 2 very good results in the coming weeks especially with the run of games we have coming in the next few weeks against Cardiff, Leicester and Middlesbrough.

Thought Buxton was terrible. As was jones

Antonio only one who really did anything.

Wouldn't give anyone other than him more than a 5.

First time I've felt worried about the season - if we don't sort this 'forward' line out we're fecked.

Actually I'm being harsh as Llera and Gardner weren't too bad.

Some just had total off days. Even semedo was bossed in the first half.

all that went when the side was changed for the better players? kivo we need blood and gutsy performances to get us through this ,the strikers need target practice every day untill they can hit the target ,that would be a bonus and give us at least half a chance ,

Guest Harry the Owl

Kirkland - 6

Buxton - 7

Llera - 6

Gardner - 6

Jones - 5

Antonio - 6

Barkley - 6

Semedo - 6

McCabe - 5

Bothroyd - 5

O.Grady - 5 (JJ - 5)

Blackpool were a far better side than us, but i'd have stomached effect a lot more if we'd given it a go - we didn't.

No urgency as on Saturday, no desire to move forward with the ball.

Buxton was our best player. Jones out of his depth. Gardner and Llera solid but so easy to pass around them.

Bothroyd had another of his 'Sibon' days - didn't look interested at times. O'Grady can only do one thing well, hold the ball up and keeping possession, and he wasn't doing it. Antonio cacks himself when through on goal. McCabe had his worst game since he's been here. Barkley not up to his best.

It was very poor towards the end, and the second didn't flatter them, but hopefully we'll just call it a bad day at the office and move on. No need to panic with the results we've been getting lately.

Dave Jones? I agree

Shows the contrast between peoples views about the game

I thought Jones was solid, but is playing the safe game instead of bombing forward and losing ball for crowd to get on his back, he simply defend's. How can anyone fault that and say he's "out of his depth" for a solid game, personally is beyond me.

Gardner was solid today and has improved to be our best defender. Long may it continue.

Llera was bad today. Missed alot of headers and was made to look like a mug for their second goal. People need to realise that he isn't championship defender and the sooner we realise that then the better. The guy is a legend and chews up everything in the air but on the deck he's a liability against pace

Couple were ok like Antonio, kirks and barcs to an extent but rest were tereeble

Thought Antonio had an excellent game bar his poor finishing. Gardener played well as did Buxton. Bothroyd awful again - slow, poor body language, giving the ball away and he hardly won any headers.

Main problem for me though was the 4-2-4 formation for the last half hour. Getting back to the megson days.

People saying Daniel Jones was terrible???

Shows how opinions differ!

He's had some truly awful games for us. But tonight he was up against possibly the best two widemen in this League.

Phillips did eff all against Jones and couldn't find a way past him. And I forgot Ince was on the pitch 2nd half he did flip all.

DJ was steady tonight and handle both superbly, alot better than most will this season. If the crowd wern't such a bunch of fickle coonts he might dare to show the class he has going forward.

To say he was terrible is beyond harsh, in my opinion.

Llera was a let down for me tonight. Majorly at fault for the 2nd which pretty much summed up his night. Trying way, way too hard to impress his old club. Disappointing performance.

JJ's lack of threat was often leading to Buxton pushing up to high at the wrong times, leaving the right side exposed.

But alot of the position stuff stems from the lack of understanding the front three have. It ends up with midfielders and defenders joining in attacks in central positions in order to fill the space the front three should be attacking.

The formation would work. But it's becoming apparent about 6 haven't got a clue how to play their designated position in the system.

Both there goals came from the left wing. I think Buxton was okay, but nowhere near man of the match. For the first 30 mins he was beaten on his inside 4 or 5 times, one of them resulting in the first goal. Not getting on his back cos he's been good this season when fit.

Kirkland - 6

Buxton - 6

Llera - 6

Gardner - 6

Jones - 6

Antonio - 7

Barkley - 6

Semedo - 7

McCabe - 5 (Rodri - 5)

Bothroyd - 5

O.Grady - 5 (JJ - 5)

Guest tha_knows

Thought Jones played well tonight, McCabe an Buxton were awful. Tonight was relagation form, we looked so off pace, unfit and no urgency wotsoever. Personally i didn't think Blackpool looked anything special, but we made them look good at keeping possession because we had no desire to retain the ball. Very worrying times at the moment.

Just to add.

Sylvestre and Grandin dominated the midfield tonight.

2 men playing at walking pace against our 3 who never stop running.

A bit of composure would help us massively.

We can't keep being bossed in midfield when we've got the superior numbers. Fair enough it will happen every now and then. But, I can't remember a game with 4-5-1 where we've dominated midfield. *See my other post about players not understanding the system.

Guest YO10OWL

Kirkland - 6 - didn't have a lot to do. could he have done better with the goals?

Buxton - 6 - had a decent game, but was at fault for the first, and his decision making in the oppositions half was poor as was his execution.

Llera - 6 - worst i've seen him play, dragged out of position too often, and looked very slow.

Gardner - 6 - did ok, but looked very ponderous (but so did the midfield)

Jones - 6 - Best Ive seen him play, but looks so uncomfortable all the time. Was he marking the first goal scorer?

Antonio - 7 - Our biggest threat until he got the near the goal. At times he is unplayable, but no end product. Not sure he has a good footballing brain illustrated by the daft off sides.

Barkley - 6 - Anonymous most of the time, had a few tidy phases and did not give the ball away much.

Semedo - 6 - Isolated and sometimes exposed despite having two other central midfielders.

McCabe - 3 - An awful night for the lad. Nothing seemed to work for him, and made wrong decision after wrong decision - he really was a passenger.

Bothroyd - 5 - Never offside, but mis controlled it anyway. Poor game again, just like sat. Not enough effort or quality to justify his place. Frustrating.

O.Grady - 5 - put a shift in but the ball never stuck. Looked out of his depth, but despite the 5 man midfield he had no options. Strange to see him and Bothroyd changing position so often in the first half.

(JJ - 5) - played with his back to goal. He never plays well when this happens.

(Rodri - 6) - someone who actually moved into space to receive the ball with a good touch and pass. Only him and Barkley can lay claim to this. Needs more than 10 mins if Jones is serious about the lad.

Too many players had an off night. Midfield were totally outplayed and were chasing shadows despite Blackpool playing two wide men. They gave us a lesson in retaining the ball, showing how to pass and move effectively, creating space for a counter attack.

Again it looked a penalty. What worries me most is that the number of decisions going against us will continue to prove vital. I thought Blackpool had one of those night where everything went right but yet again a key decision would have changed the face of the game. The sheer number of decisions going against us will not even up over the season and we really could have been 6-9 points better off.

Bothroyd is the only one everyone seems to agree on same as Saturday!

Don't get it!

He has done the business so much at this Level, we know he has the Quality but obviously isn't up for it!

Looks like a player who shines when the going is good. When the team is winning and the opposition is chasing the game he may get more space and time and his technical ability may come to the fore. In tight games or when we are behind he style is of little use to us with the way we play.

He wants to play at his own pace, slows the play down when it needs to be quicker and looks disinterested when we don't have the ball which we cannot afford in the position he is playing.

Kirkland - 5 no saves to make other than the one that led to the second although games was over anyway.

Buxton - 5 how anyone saw him as MOM not sure got embarrassed by Winger for first goal.

Llera - 3 worst performance ive seen from him unfortunatley , hoofed, missed headers, consistently misplaced passes, got embarrassed for 2nd.

Gardner - 6 Solid did not do much wrong.

Jones - 6 Solid defensively they had no joy out of him i remember. Attacking offered nought.

Mccabe - 3 awful performance must have a pass success of 4%.

Barkley - 6 ok first half trying too many hollywood balls having said that one of the only players who bothered to run.

Semedo - 6 didnt do anything wrong broke. up play a few times

Bothroyd - 4 lost ball everytime he had it so obviously out of position no wonder.

Antonio - 6 Our ONLY threat no end product

COG - 5 not his best no threat wandering all over.

JJ - 5 no threat overran the ball.

Rodri - 5 no impact.

Guest JohnFantham

I totally agree that Dan Jones did very well tonight against a quality winger, we really do need some quality up front though.