How drunk do you get before games?

Away games we get steaming! lol

Can remember Exeter away last year for example...4 of us drinking in a car of 5.

80 empty cans when we got back....then went straight out till 2am

lol lol

Saturday home games probably have 5 pints before hand & Midweek around 3 pints.

I tend to get to the pub as soon as it opens and drink at a furious rate till about 2:55 then have a meandering stroll to the ground then annoy everyone around me by making them all stand up when they are watching the match so I can find my seat, then, 10 mins later get up again to go to the toilet. Throughout the match I shout vile abuse at the ref and boo the team I claim to support.

All because I'm a chav 'innit.'

lol

Youve almost got the hang of Owlstalk

You just need to understand the tongue in cheek references and windups and youll be finally there

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Brigadier

I don't drink at matches. I don't see the point in going to watch a football match when you're half pissed. I really don't think it's necessary for the experience.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I tend to get to the pub as soon as it opens and drink at a furious rate till about 2:55 then have a meandering stroll to the ground then annoy everyone around me by making them all stand up when they are watching the match so I can find my seat, then, 10 mins later get up again to go to the toilet. Throughout the match I shout vile abuse at the ref and boo the team I claim to support.

There's one bellend that actually does that on our row, other than me obviously.

Guest Brigadier

Id say you were at the opposite end of the spectrum brigadier

lol

"How sober do you get before games?"

Wake up 7am sharp. Quick shot of espresso before making my way through half a box Weetabix. Nice ice cold shower followed by a few gallons of coffee just for a top up. Then a chilly topless jog from Shiregreen to Hillborough just in time for a cheeky cuppa before the match starts.

Mr. Sober.

Guest Retfordowl74

love this.....

very rarely drink at home games, apart from specail occasions like wycombe last season and udders last year (near christmas).

have a drink at away games as often as possible all part of the day out. like others said i think its a social thing... im not big or clever but i have been known to have a few too many!! :tango:

Guest waistline ye diddle

Couple before the game, don't see the point in getting steaming before. after, well that depends on the result.

Guest Consett owl

Having watched the ups n downs of the owls over the years I've found that the more beer the better. Before during and after the match.

It depends really. Against Leeds and Oldham away I didn't have one drink. Where as against millwall and derby away I was absolutely smashed.

The Wycombe game I took to another level though, in the pub for 10am then ended up back at my mum and dads at 5am and sleeping on the bathroom floor.

I'm normally driving so only have a couple of pints. If I travel to the game by train, I might have a couple more.

I can enjoy myself and be sociable without ale insude me though, I'm naturally friendly and daft without the alcohol. Haven't had any alcohol for several days now although I do have a bottle of Theakston Hogs Head bitter ready to sample

Guest Gordo_Owl

Few drinks before most games then a few every season we have a proper session! Leeds the other week and Forest away will be the big ones so far!

Drive to a lot of away games so make the most of it when I don't have to!

It a good laugh, especially away games. Notts County a couple of years ago was quality... 2 mini buses and started at 8.30am!