Dave Jones - Still the man?

No

He already is

So you are ignoring the near record bad run we have just been on and denying the possibility that he could be in the worst 3 managers of all time?

I like your thinking :ghoulguy:

I personally think that he will prove to be a very good manager for us (will be legendary for last season alone) but it's a bit special to put him ahead of people like Robert Brown, Billy Walker, Eric Taylor, Howard Wilkinson,Trevor Francis etcetera.

I think for a lot of people he has always been the man for the job.

But, he had to stop the losing run at Ipswich. He did and now we hopefully kick on.

Yesterday tbh was poor, but against against a team that parked the bus we had to be patient. 3 points is 3 points no matter how you play.

Exactly, stick don't twist.

I can't think why Anyone wouldn't want him to succeed, but by his own admission he'd never been on such a bad run before and at the height of it you could tell the pressure was really on and I wasn't sure if he would survive what was an alien situation.

Thankfully things have started to turn through tightening up now and we have built from the back (I notice Nugent the Cardiff fan doesn't post any more) abandoning his favoured formation. As long as we stay up it is progress and he will have done his job in my eyes.

Top 3

Already

And how DARE you mention Trevor Francis name in that list

lol

Have to mate, people have short memories but played some wonderful stuff under him, got to semi's and finals galore, with a little help from RA's team granted but chucking Warhurst up front and nearly winning the prem can't be scoffed at.

You can't potentially hail a man for guiding us out of the bottom three of Division 2.

Soz mate, give him more time to add credibility to your statement and that would probably take 2 seasons at the earliest.

BFR

BIG JACK

WILKO

FRANCIS

DJ...potentially...at this moment in time....never any doubt he was and is the right man for the job. But he has to succeed on the pitch as well as behind the scenes to move up. It's all coming together but we have to be patient.

PS...in my life time...although I am sure CATTERICK and someone Kivo knows will also be above DJ...for now.

Edited by Freshfish

Jones? Great last season. Jury still out for me this season but will get my and judging by most reasoned fans views their backing too. Rightly so.

Top 3 managers in my lifetime? Atkinson, Wilkinson and Charlton.

Neil is bang on, Francis ruined a great squad. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

UTO! FTP!

Francis ruined the football team he inherited

SWFC had their highest position of 3rd in the Prem since the runners up spot to Spurs in the 60's and the record still stands to this day.

Who's to say how the team would have fared had RA stayed? It may have done better, could have done worse.

We will never know Neil so i am judging TF and DJ on facts and not conjecture.

Also Francis has a better win rate than Jones. FACT

I hope DJ can get the win rate back to what it was after that amazing run. Was something over 70% :ohmy:

Francis brought in such quality as Waddle, Walker and Bright. He also brought in Warhurst and turned him into an England striker (although he got injured on his call up).

Don't forget we got to both cup finals under him in 93.

David Pleat was the man who broke up a good squad and started our demise. Don't forget Trev got the sack when we were 7th in the top flight.

Still behind him,but amazed at the mistakes he's made for such an experienced manager.To start a new season in the Championship with a 2 new central defenders,2 new midfielders and 2 new strikers was absolutely asking for trouble and he soon found it.

I thought we should have played 4-4-2 yesterday with Bothroyd up front and JJ on the right.

Could still be in trouble in the next few weeks against better sides though,it looks to me like he's told them to back off and retreat and defend in numbers rather than attack the ball...

Dave Jones is a class,top quality manager.Delighted to have DJ as boss of our fantastic club.The manager,the players and the fans of Sheffield Wednesday are an army strong and it's onwards and upwards.Proud to be a Wednesday fan,and play my little part in such an illustrious world famous and highly admired legendary football club.

Edited by Moorey