Jay Bothroyd

Guest RocketOwl

Guest RocketOwl

I am not sure if I am alone here, but Jay Bothroyd has totally changed my perception on him as a player. Before he came to Wednesday I thought he was a target man, a straight forward number 9. However after watching him a few times, I did him a disservice. He is an excellent player. He is a class above anything we have on our books and if we are to perform well this season he will be integral to that. He has such quality with that left peg. I think moving him a bit deeper is a good move by Jones. Seeing as we have all been saying we need a Treacey sort of winger, well I think Jay provides the quality on one wing with Antonio the power on the other wing. Everything is coming together, we just need a striker who can finsih like Madine, hold it up lilke Cog. A player like Lambert ot Holt, I know we cannot get them but something similar. Tudgay anyone?

Guest KennyLuntIsKing

Could not agree more on Bothroyd. He does now look quality after the bobbins first few matches. Tudgay has just had an op and Barnsley were sniffing around him. We can do better. Madine will start scoring soon. It's all coming together slowly.....

Guest RocketOwl

I can see why fans boo bothroyd at first, you only have to read some of the posters on here. This perception that if you don't run around like a dog on heat then you don't care. However, these idiots even boo a player that did do this such as JOC. Once we get going Bothroyd is the sort of striker who can turn a draw into a win. I also think he can be the man to supply Madine with the crosses he thrives on.

I can see why fans boo bothroyd at first, you only have to read some of the posters on here. This perception that if you don't run around like a dog on heat then you don't care. However, these idiots even boo a player that did do this such as JOC. Once we get going Bothroyd is the sort of striker who can turn a draw into a win. I also think he can be the man to supply Madine with the crosses he thrives on.

Tbh, whilst the fans were annoyed that he was so involved with the team due to his lack of ability, I cant remember anytime we actually booed him?

It was not that people thought he was crap when he first arrived, it was more that he was being picked to play when he was patently unfit and he was taking the place of the fit and in form COG. He was on a hiding to nothing, he should have been introduced gradually until he was fit, then we would not have had the poor original response to his arrival. Same goes for Barkley. A bit worrying though that our two best players at the moment are not ours and can be recalled at short notice, leaving us looking pretty lightweight.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

It was not that people thought he was crap when he first arrived, it was more that he was being picked to play when he was patently unfit and he was taking the place of the fit and in form COG. He was on a hiding to nothing, he should have been introduced gradually until he was fit, then we would not have had the poor original response to his arrival. Same goes for Barkley. A bit worrying though that our two best players at the moment are not ours and can be recalled at short notice, leaving us looking pretty lightweight.

Bothroyd cannot be recalled until January.