4-4 Bleeding 2 - Is It That Difficult ?

We are crying out for 4-4-2 formation not this stupid 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 or whatever we seem to be bleeding playing. Its plain and simple we need TWO strikers in the middle not 1.

How is it that we can all see this but DJ cannot? Maybe he has done this to shore up the defence, well that has been done ONLY 1 goal conceded in each of the last 3 games. Hahahaha.

Whilst I think we are in desperate need of a goalscorer (Kenwyne Jones springs to mind) with the current squad and the lack of quality service out wide, why not try the following in a 4-4-2 format:

Kirkland

Buxton, Llera, Gardner, Jones

Antonio, Semedo, Barkley, Bothroyd

Madine, COG

Yeh people might moan that Bothroyd is a striker, but the lad has been playing out wide for his last 3 games and has been excellent, he can certainly cross/pass a ball.

Thoughts?

A few weeks ago some were suggesting that we opted to a 451 to help us out defensively. That appears to be what Jones has done. At the end of the day, the constant switching of formations won't work. 451 can work,providing players get close enough to the forward man and the players fit the system. 442 will probably leave you slightly open in this division, especially if your wingers are Antonio and Johnson who will prefer to the do the attacking side rather than the defensive side. That leaves the two centre midfielders incredibly open and Wednesday are exposed. The 451 will allow Wednesday to control the game and allow the better ball players like Ross Barkley and the lad Corry to have the ball and get closer to the forward with the added protection that there in an extra man in midfield to cover them.

I personally wouldn't switch from the 451. I very much prefer it to 442. But I guess it depends on the service being given to the front man and how Jones wants to use the system.

More random second guessing.

If he played 4-5-1 then switch to 4-4-2.

If he played Madine up front, drop him for O'Grady. If he played O'Grady drop him for Madine.

If the corners are outswinging, make them inswinging.

If he brought the first sub on after 75 minutes, make it 60.

If we train on Mondays and Wednesdays, make it Tuesdays and Thursdays instead.

If he's easy going on the touchline, do a bit of Megson-like ranting instead.

If we wear black shorts, try the white ones.

If we have eggs for breakfast, try cereal.

And on, and on, and on, and on...

For me, the system is ok but because Corry and Barkley want to dictate the play from deep and bring the ball forward we are missing the link between midfield and attack. I also don't think that JJ and Antonio can both play in this formation - they both offer pace and power, but no real quality on the ball. I would line up like this:

251012121434.png

Barkley, Rodri and Bothroyd all on the pitch at the same time offers players comfortable on the ball and creative enough to make chances for themselves and other players - some thing that was woefully missing against Blackburn, despite us having loads of the ball.

More random second guessing.

If he played 4-5-1 then switch to 4-4-2.

If he played Madine up front, drop him for O'Grady. If he played O'Grady drop him for Madine.

If the corners are outswinging, make them inswinging.

If he brought the first sub on after 75 minutes, make it 60.

If we train on Mondays and Wednesdays, make it Tuesdays and Thursdays instead.

If he's easy going on the touchline, do a bit of Megson-like ranting instead.

If we wear black shorts, try the white ones.

If we have eggs for breakfast, try cereal.

And on, and on, and on, and on...

EXACTLY

Owlstalk Shop

Guest brimowl

In last two home games against leeds and hull playing 4 5 1 we've never looked threatening at all. The 7 pts we won was from 4 4 2 if he doesn't change it I'm sorry come next saturday we will be in the same position and another manager on the dole

For me, the system is ok but because Corry and Barkley want to dictate the play from deep and bring the ball forward we are missing the link between midfield and attack. I also don't think that JJ and Antonio can both play in this formation - they both offer pace and power, but no real quality on the ball. I would line up like this:

251012121434.png

Barkley, Rodri and Bothroyd all on the pitch at the same time offers players comfortable on the ball and creative enough to make chances for themselves and other players - some thing that was woefully missing against Blackburn, despite us having loads of the ball.

too much prep for jones, that will probs make his brain explode XD

have we won playin 4-5-1 yet?

No but we've looked a lot more solid with it, we've even needed 3 goals to win the 2 games we have won? Hardly anyone plays 4-4-2 nowadays. Had we had a decent central striker who knows where the net is and can fashion a chance on his own against Leeds and last night then we would've pi$$ed both games.