What's happened to Rodri?

Guest Bedders

Guest Bedders

Convinced this guy would work (just behind COG as the one up front as the battering ram / hold the ball up chappy!)

Need a bit of skill & endeavour behind the front.

Just wonder what was the point in bringing him in to sit on the bench?

Guest zico sterland

Not got the pace or strength to survive in championship think he will be going back to spain.At the end of the day he was worth a punt though just hasnt worked out.

He's not at the right club, dont think he's playing in the right country to be honest.

We have a striker who would be ideal as that sort of busy little forward who drops deep and gets on the ball in Chris Maguire, who's done well in this division before, I keep banging about him because it makes no sense to me to spend money on a good player and not use him.

People say he would or could be better in a total footballing side...

Well from what I've seen, his first touch is pretty ordinary, he's very slow and lethargic on the ball thinking he's got an age to do whatever he wants with it and his passing is a mixed bag. He has pulled off a couple of passes with good vision, but only a few. However, I have seen plenty of simple 5 or 10 yard passes not find men.

He's been very poor.

So players from barcalona aren't good enough after not playing for 4/5 games having ten or so minitues last night? He will play and he will be one of our best players all we need is to start winning and playing proper football. Rodri Barkley and Corry would link up pretty god dam well given the chance

Guest Bedders

On a similar subject what the chuff has happened to Maguire, better option off the bench than Rodri for me

.....and Kieran Lee for that matter!

He might have added something had we been flying at the top of the championship but the more we've struggled, the more of a luxury he's become

Agree with this. Instead of persisting with the likes of Madine I would have opted for Rodri as judging by his reputation, you would feel more confident he would deliver

Guest tha_knows

He is head and shoulders above the rest of the team ability wise, against Bolton his decision making and passing was spot on but because the rest of them dont have the ability to read his next pass it makes him look like he's giving the ball away. Against Bolton in the first half he turned superbly and played a ball through for Antonio to run onto but because of Antonios slow reactions,the ball went astray it spoilt a great ball what would have lead to a scoring opportunity.

coming from barcelona B he will have been taught to play football a certain way, quick passing, intelligent through balls etc. agree with what some have said about him not being a good fit to a certain extent, but if we play the right formation with the right players, barkley corry, antonio etc, the few players we have who seem to have a bit of creativity about them and will know how and where he wants the ball and where hes going to pass it then think he could be a very good player for us. know you shouldnt necessarily try and change the way you play just to suit one player, but think in this case it may be worth it, god knows results cant get any worse!!