Dave Jones: One game away?

Sorry to say however much we have improved it means zilch until we win some matches ,The best footballing side in the league can quickley become the best footballing side in league 1,Goals are what counts not how pretty we look ,And untill that happens we are going nowhere fast .

I don't want him to get sacked my question was why is Neil so show he isn't gonna get sacked as every time anyone mentions it he's the first to pipe up with no he's not

That didn't answer my question.

Do you want to have another try?

I don't want him to get sacked my question was why is Neil so show he isn't gonna get sacked as every time anyone mentions it he's the first to pipe up with no he's not

Because he's not

Is it THAT hard a concept to grasp ?

People post he's going to get fired (after every game... )

I post that he's not because he isn't

It's THAT simple

Owlstalk Shop

It's speculation based on previous facts.

Managers are sacked for these kind of runs, far more often than not.

Our chairman has a reputation for being ruthless when it comes to managerial changes.

It's not that difficult to see why people are thinking these things. And people will speculate, whether it good or bad.

If we only discussed concrete facts that we knew were 100% accurate, his would be a very boring forum.

I think you're missing the point. People are entitled to speculate obviously. And I'm not claiming any more knowledge than anyone else. But if they post random criteria and deadlines as if they are fact then I'm equally entitled to ridicule them. I'm genuinely beginning to think that some people are pathologically incapable of dealing in anything other than the starkest of terms. Ask a question and the answer must be either YES! or NO! Concepts such as 'don't know' and 'it depends' are not allowed.

Edited by DJMortimer

Firstly, the speculation is pure guesswork based on nothing more than prejudice, frustration, impatience and ignorance. Secondly, many are indulging in much more than speculation. They are posting as if everything is definite when in fact they know almost nothing.

It's a possibility obviously. But tonight we've had '135 minutes', '9 points behind', '4 points from the next 6' and 'must beat Ipswich' stated by posters who have no more idea than I do what Mandaric is thinking. It's nothing but guesswork and is utterly cringeworthy.

Blimey, no wonder you have the words 'site bore' under your name

its a football forum, we have not won a game of football in flipping ages, what would you like us to be talking about?

Firstly, the speculation is pure guesswork based on nothing more than prejudice, frustration, impatience and ignorance. Secondly, many are indulging in much more than speculation. They are posting as if everything is definite when in fact they know almost nothing.

It's a possibility obviously. But tonight we've had '135 minutes', '9 points behind', '4 points from the next 6' and 'must beat Ipswich' stated by posters who have no more idea than I do what Mandaric is thinking. It's nothing but guesswork and is utterly cringeworthy.

generally posters on here still look to past events to try to form what they believe will or may happen in the future. I have stated more than once that in order to move forward we have to stop looking back and this must include the historical actions of the clubs owner. Because Mandaric did what he did years ago is no basis that he will behave in the same way now. The blueprint for the business may be similar but the end product may be different. However there are some major faults need attention on priority basis. I notice the industrial phrase :work in progress" has disappeared recently - does that tell us something?

Edited by Bahrain Owl

Blimey, no wonder you have the words 'site bore' under your name

its a football forum, we have not won a game of football in flipping ages, what would you like us to be talking about?

Another one threatened by the idea of thinking more and shouting less?

Ugh! I don't understand this weird creature. Hit it with a shoe.

:dry:

Guest Triplej2

I think you're missing the point. People are entitled to speculate obviously. And I'm not claiming any more knowledge than anyone else. But if they post random criteria and deadlines as if they are fact then I'm equally entitled to ridicule them. I'm genuinely beginning to think that some people are pathologically incapable of dealing in anything other than the starkest of terms. Ask a question and the answer must be either YES! or NO! Concepts such as 'don't know' and 'it depends' are not allowed.

post-17496-0-80465500-1351116261_thumb.j

Another one threatened by the idea of thinking more and shouting less?

Ugh! I don't understand this weird creature. Hit it with a shoe.

What on earth are you talking about?

Of course we are all guessing as none of us are MM

We are however all looking at Milan's history with managers and concluding that DJ doesnt have too much longer given we have not won in 2 months, what is wrong with that?

How many mangers in modern football survive without winning as long as us?

I fail to see how any of this is based on prejudice, frustration, impatience or ignorance

Maybe none of us should speculate or give an opinion on the club we all love? be pretty damn 'boring' though

Milan will not sack him unless he has somebody else lined up.

I do think dj has made too many mistakes.

The biggest by far is going into the season without any idea of his strongest team and simply changing things on the hoof as confidence seeps from the team.

It might be down to injuries but although he has signed loads of defenders 3 from last season played tonight inlucding one who was nowhere near last years first 11.

He tried to sign an experienced midfield player in Norris, lost out and gave up. Now we have kids in key positions. Talented but still kids.

The strikers he has signed permanently are lucky to make the bench. The quality one he signed has had to move to midfield. We are left with two unproven championship strikers struggling to score.

He has made a mess of it this season and i expected a lot better from somebody of his experience.

I would get rid now if it was down to me.

What on earth are you talking about?

Of course we are all guessing as none of us are MM

We are however all looking at Milan's history with managers and concluding that DJ doesnt have too much longer given we have not won in 2 months, what is wrong with that?

How many mangers in modern football survive without winning as long as us?

I fail to see how any of this is based on prejudice, frustration, impatience or ignorance

Maybe none of us should speculate or give an opinion on the club we all love? be pretty damn 'boring' though

I've already explained what my problem with it is.

But I don't want to argue about it any more. So for the braying mob I'd just like to say that if Dave Jones doesn't clap his hands in encouragement from the touchline on Saturday at least 8 times before the end of the game, fails to register 80 decibels during his half time rant and if we are losing for longer than 14 minutes at any stage then he absolutely will be sacked. In fact, he'll be sacked so hard, Mandaric will do it twice.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Sorry to say however much we have improved it means zilch until we win some matches ,The best footballing side in the league can quickley become the best footballing side in league 1,Goals are what counts not how pretty we look ,And untill that happens we are going nowhere fast .

Well said, its obvious but its plain and true that its a results business. Performances mean little without hardly any points to go with them. We're conceding far too many, not scoring enough and we're picking up not enough points. These are facts. Megson was sacked due to a bad run of results preceding the derby, which glossed over the fact that GM and MM fell out. MM has stuck by DJ, given him money and let him rebuild the team. But at the end of the day we're not picking up enough points and we're in danger of being cut adrift at the bottom of the table. Regardless of our promising youngsters, our steady financial picture and the decent football we've played under DJ and continue to play under him, we're far too open and not picking up results. DJ has already had enough time to sort it out, no team is too good to go down, when it has a poor team spirit, lack of goals and conceding too many. The writing is on the wall, its just a matter of time sadly, has I like many others believed in DJ and thought we were going to keep the momentum going. The only way to turn it around is to bring in a new manager, who can give the whole squad a lift, a clean slate and a fair chance of earning a place in the team on merit rather than due to favoritism or stubbornness. WTID. Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

I thought the same before I saw this thread. There's been an element of it all the years I've posted on here but at the moment it's certainly up there for the most there's ever been of it.