Dave Jones: One game away?

The level of assumption and randomness in this thread is pure comedy. Am I supposed to take some of you guessers seriously? What is it about modern society that DEMANDS unequivocal assurance in everything, no matter how ignorant one might be about the facts and parameters?

if you set the facts of results in football matches and use the parameters set by Milan's historical treatment of his managers, then the assumption Jones is likely to go after Saturday seems logical to me.

The level of assumption and randomness in this thread is pure comedy. Am I supposed to take some of you guessers seriously? What is it about modern society that DEMANDS unequivocal assurance in everything, no matter how ignorant one might be about the facts and parameters?

What are you on about?

Is it no longer ok to speculate about the future of our club?

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

As far as I'm concerned, Megson's sacking was largely down to the personality clash between him and those running the club. A poor run of results gave Mandaric the excuse he needed to get as many fans as possible to accept it. The fuss that was kicked up even after this bad run shows his analysis in that regard was more than accurate.

Spot on!

Guest Triplej2

...Or people just speculating and discussing if and when our football manager gets the sack :rolleyes:

Despite Neil's attempts at sweeping the negative under the carpet

post-445-0-75307200-1328998695_thumb.jpg

DJ's record this season is very similar to Paul Jewell's, so if we lose to Ipswich on Saturday and are sitting bottom, DJ leaving is obviously a possibility.

Personally I'd like to see DJ given til January, providing we aren't cut drift at the bottom ... and he promises to offload Gardner & Taylor on Jan 1st lol

Good chairmen don't sack a manager unless they have someone better lined up.

This is a blip, an inevitable learning curve and we will get through it.

DJ is the man we also have one of the finest and most knowledgeable chairman in the U.K. have faith - please

WAWAW

you don't think Milan's looking ?????

What are you on about?

Is it no longer ok to speculate about the future of our club?

Firstly, the speculation is pure guesswork based on nothing more than prejudice, frustration, impatience and ignorance. Secondly, many are indulging in much more than speculation. They are posting as if everything is definite when in fact they know almost nothing.

if you set the facts of results in football matches and use the parameters set by Milan's historical treatment of his managers, then the assumption Jones is likely to go after Saturday seems logical to me.

It's a possibility obviously. But tonight we've had '135 minutes', '9 points behind', '4 points from the next 6' and 'must beat Ipswich' stated by posters who have no more idea than I do what Mandaric is thinking. It's nothing but guesswork and is utterly cringeworthy.

MM may have been trigger happy in the past but he is no fool, it was obvious by the way we performed at times last season that the squad was nowhere near good enough to establish itself in the championship and push on for the premier, therefore MM, PA & DJ will have had discusions on the wholesale changes needed and the time scale for this new squad to become an effective unit, so long as we start picking up points and finish around mid table I think every one should see this as progress. The promise that the development squad is showing bodes well for the future and all we need to do is get behind whichever eleven players pull on the shirt and trust the people in charge who got us into this division.

Firstly, the speculation is pure guesswork based on nothing more than prejudice, frustration, impatience and ignorance. Secondly, many are indulging in much more than speculation. They are posting as if everything is definite when in fact they know almost nothing.

It's a possibility obviously. But tonight we've had '135 minutes', '9 points behind', '4 points from the next 6' and 'must beat Ipswich' stated by posters who have no more idea than I do what Mandaric is thinking. It's nothing but guesswork and is utterly cringeworthy.

It's speculation based on previous facts.

Managers are sacked for these kind of runs, far more often than not.

Our chairman has a reputation for being ruthless when it comes to managerial changes.

It's not that difficult to see why people are thinking these things. And people will speculate, whether it good or bad.

If we only discussed concrete facts that we knew were 100% accurate, his would be a very boring forum.

Guest OWLSGAZ

Why are other posters so convinced he's going to get the sack if we don't win?

I don't want him to get sacked my question was why is Neil so show he isn't gonna get sacked as every time anyone mentions it he's the first to pipe up with no he's not