Dave Jones: One game away?

Just put him on ignore like I have. Never have I witnessed someone say so little in so many words. As long as his posts don't get quoted too much the threads he's in a far shorter (and more interesting) for me now.

I don't have a major issue with him, or anyone else on here - it's a football forum after all and I think some people take it too seriously at times.

But it does start to get old when a thread about an opinion starts up, then gets derailed after a dozen posts by DJ saying something like "Having opinions without all the facts is stupid" or "there's a myriad of factors that will determine XYZ and I don't have an opinion".

flip me in the ass we could be out of the bottom 3 on Saturday.

Get a grip.

We should never have be in the bottom 3 thats the point or lack of them.

But i reckon we just need time to gel gary megson

Edited by pops55

Stick with him - Not been DJ's biggest fan this season but thing is there are already Championship jobs available at Burnley, Blackburn and Ipswich

Any potential replacement for DJ will probably have a shout at those jobs as well

Add to that working for MM might not suit some candidates and we may be looking at replacing with a poor choice

When we got DJ we may have been lucky in that he didnt have many more options at the time - would he have come here if faced with choice of us or say Blackburn in current circumstances ???

Guest silvergusy

Lose Saturday and for me MM will let DJ go, if we win then he save his job for November at least.

Draw and it's a shocking 2 points dropped because managerless Ipswich are absolute shybo.

Most of us would like DJ to be the man to stabalize the ship and take us up the league but at some point MM has to decide wether he is the man to do it or somebody else needs to be in charge. MM made that decision only months ago and it got us auto promotion so if he feels it's time to move on again then so be it.

Nobody is bigger than the club, if it's time it's time because in my opinion DJ is running out.

Just put him on ignore like I have. Never have I witnessed someone say so little in so many words. As long as his posts don't get quoted too much the threads he's in are far shorter (and more interesting) for me now.

I find it hilarious that I should be lectured for not appreciating the opinions of others and then we have this toddler behaving like this.

Lack of self-awareness at all?

:laugh:

But it does start to get old when a thread about an opinion starts up, then gets derailed after a dozen posts by DJ saying something like "Having opinions without all the facts is stupid" or "there's a myriad of factors that will determine XYZ and I don't have an opinion".

I don't mind the opinions (although many are pretty stupid). But as I've tried to make clear, some people aren't having opinions, they are stating things as fact that are nothing but guesswork and totally random. There is a bit of a difference.

I don't mind the opinions (although many are pretty stupid). But as I've tried to make clear, some people aren't having opinions, they are stating things as fact that are nothing but guesswork and totally random. There is a bit of a difference.

Oh dear.

If one was to analyse your post, though, you are guilty of the same thing - presenting opinion as fact.

It's just an utterly pointless exercise on a football forum. If you want data then a message board is probably the wrong place for you.

If one was to analyse your post, though, you are guilty of the same thing - presenting opinion as fact.

It's just an utterly pointless exercise on a football forum. If you want data then a message board is probably the wrong place for you.

Well yes, unless we are actually required to introduce every single post with 'in my opinion' which seems a bit superfluous to me.

But there is a bit of a difference between the majority of posts that are presented in that way and then those that go (like we actually had last night) that Jones had 135 minutes to save his job.

Well yes, unless we are actually required to introduce every single post with 'in my opinion' which seems a bit superfluous to me.

But there is a bit of a difference between the majority of posts that are presented in that way and then those that go (like we actually had last night) that Jones had 135 minutes to save his job.

But these posts are all opinion. Do you not understand that? The person who said he has 135 minutes to save his job was not saying he literally had 135 minutes to save his job, but was arguing that Jones is probably very close to losing his job. People talk and post with a little dramatic flair, it's nothing new or unusual.

We speculate about things on here and we post about our opinions. You seem to spend most of your time telling people they are stupid without actually contributing to the discussion.

You obviously have the right to do that, just as I have the right to call you up on it.