Cheats in football

I'm not saying it wasn't with some force Kirkland got pushed in the face don't get me wrong and he wasn't cheating in any way, I'm just saying if that happened on a Friday night would you be on the floor for 5 minutes needing medical treatment?

If your head gets whipped back like that and you feel pain in your neck then you stay still especially if you have a history of being made out of crystal.

I'm not saying it wasn't with some force Kirkland got pushed in the face don't get me wrong and he wasn't cheating in any way, I'm just saying if that happened on a Friday night would you be on the floor for 5 minutes needing medical treatment?

maybe he caught him in the eye, that can take a while to clear. you get assaulted you get a bit shocked and yet you want him to get up straight away and carry on playing .he did right to stay down and clear his head .

If it happened to you on a Friday night, you wouldn't have to get back up straight away, then do your job to the best of your ability, for the next 20 minutes,

Would you!

If you're getting twatted on a Friday night you're probably already worse for wear, and you'd probably just get up and get on with it as a bit of a mess. Not quite the same as playing professional football though is it.

Edited by Dore Owl

Last nights Leeds display was disgusting.

Diouf whining all game, diving with the slightest bit of contact, a despicable human being.

Becchio for the most blatant handball I've ever seen, cheat and a disgrace he should be banned for it.

Brown a dirty little stinky flaps, two blatant kicks on O'Grady, he should have seen red at some point, but unfortunately we had an incompetent referee again.

Warnock for sending his players over to clap their vile supporters? Bang out of order and classless.

Then don't get me started on the fans, never seen anything like it. Cretins.

I absolutely detest Leeds and after last night will never ever have a shred of respect for them ever again. Vile stain of a club.

Colin & Leeds, perfect fit, init ....

I am happy to demonstrate the impact a strike with the heel of the hand would have on your jaw. It's 20 years ago (since i did it) but pretty sure it's a legitimate technique in several martial arts formats. Not saying this guy is a martial arts expert but if he caught him proper it can be just as bad as contact with the knuckles.

I am happy to demonstrate the impact a strike with the heel of the hand would have on your jaw. It's 20 years ago (since i did it) but pretty sure it's a legitimate technique in several martial arts formats. Not saying this guy is a martial arts expert but if he caught him proper it can be just as bad as contact with the knuckles.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/kirkland-attacked-keeper-hit-leeds-fan-212246634.html

becchio didnt cheat he committed a hand ball offence to stop a certain goal and should have been sent off but he wasnt coz the ref didnt see it .what you want him to do go to the ref and own up .

How is handling a ball with an outstretched arm when you know clearly that you won't get to the ball before the on coming attacker not a form of cheating?

How is handling a ball with an outstretched arm when you know clearly that you won't get to the ball before the on coming attacker not a form of cheating?

so every case of deliberate handball is cheating......if so pompey then yes your right the game is full of cheats coz just about every player in the world must been pulled up for hand ball at sometime in there career.

The only way to change it is from the top.

Football is just terribly managed from the top like no other sport. For instance the inept attempts to deal with goal line technology like we need space age equipment to work out whether the ball has gone over the line. Everyone at home watching on tv knows but the referee doesn't.

Referees just aren't given ENOUGH authority and we end up with new directives being interpreted and applied in half arsed ways.

They are allowed to be given so much gip from players i think modern day referreeing just doesn't attract intelligent people like say rugby refereeing does. It attracts officious nerds who are turned on by attaining some imaginary power power or status.

Players nowadays work out a ref in the first 15 minutes of a game and if he shows a propensity to giving easy non-fouls, then the diving will commence and the game will be a stop start affair punctuated by endless free kicks and yellow cards for innocuous challenges.

What gets me is watching pundits and commentators on tv - 'blatant penalty/red card/yellow' they say when all thats happend is an attacker has just waited for the most minimal contact before diving.

They crack down for a bit then they give up and go with it.

Football is at its best when competitive but fair. It's not an issue of whether contact was made in a challenge or not - its whether there was sufficient contact to constitute a foul.

Regarding dissent, the 10 yard advance rule sorts that out like in rugby but football is far too addicted to player worship that its unlikely to happen.

The most beautiful of games but run by idiots i'm afraid.

Football is at its best when competitive but fair. It's not an issue of whether contact was made in a challenge or not - its whether there was sufficient contact to constitute a foul.

This is what's really doing my head in at the moment, pundits and commentators, going through replays with a fine comb when someone goes down in the penalty box, looking for the slightest bits of contact ever as if that some how justifies a penalty.

so every case of deliberate handball is cheating......if so pompey then yes your right the game is full of cheats coz just about every player in the world must been pulled up for hand ball at sometime in there career.

Handball is understandable. Defenders can't always get out of te way of the ball hence penalties from accidental hand balls. Deliberate hand balls are cheats. Not every player has been done for deliberate handball.

The only way to change it is from the top.

Football is just terribly managed from the top like no other sport. For instance the inept attempts to deal with goal line technology like we need space age equipment to work out whether the ball has gone over the line. Everyone at home watching on tv knows but the referee doesn't.

Referees just aren't given ENOUGH authority and we end up with new directives being interpreted and applied in half arsed ways.

They are allowed to be given so much gip from players i think modern day referreeing just doesn't attract intelligent people like say rugby refereeing does. It attracts officious nerds who are turned on by attaining some imaginary power power or status.

Players nowadays work out a ref in the first 15 minutes of a game and if he shows a propensity to giving easy non-fouls, then the diving will commence and the game will be a stop start affair punctuated by endless free kicks and yellow cards for innocuous challenges.

What gets me is watching pundits and commentators on tv - 'blatant penalty/red card/yellow' they say when all thats happend is an attacker has just waited for the most minimal contact before diving.

They crack down for a bit then they give up and go with it.

Regarding dissent, the 10 yard advance rule sorts that out like in rugby but football is far too addicted to player worship that its unlikely to happen.

The most beautiful of games but run by idiots i'm afraid.

Agree with everything said here. I'm sure the 10 yard penalty for dissent was brought in a few years back.

tough one

i hate cheats, divers, feigners and general cúnts like Michael Brown etc

but how can you resolve in issue like this?

It wouldn't take much. There are enough cameras and enough people watching. For every dive you fine the culprit. If a ref complains about abusive players, they get fined and banned for however long.

You could have designated officials watching the match for this kind of behaviour. A bit like more respectable parking inspectors.

Can we have a system like hockey? For instance lets look at the Michael Brown issue. The Wednesday players believe there was a handball, and use one of three appeals. It goes to guy up in the skies watch a video, and will overlook it. He then decides, obviously penalty, and the decision is done. Wednesday would keep their appeals, though you'd lose one if you failed the appeal.

Im sure Germany deploy a system where the ref asks the player if he dived. If the player answers honestly and admits a dive then play continues by the opposition with no punishment, if he answer no, he recieves the freekick but its reviewed by a panel after the game and if hes found to of dived then lied i believe they recieve a hefty ban around 4 or 5 games.

However, im not sure how easy it is for the FA to prove a dive. Anyone remember Eduardo's dive for Arsenal against Celtic in CL few years ago? Won the penalty that knocked Celtic out. UEFA tried taking action against him but because one angle didn't 100% show he dived he was let off. Regardless of the other camera angles.

Im sure Germany deploy a system where the ref asks the player if he dived. If the player answers honestly and admits a dive then play continues by the opposition with no punishment, if he answer no, he recieves the freekick but its reviewed by a panel after the game and if hes found to of dived then lied i believe they recieve a hefty ban around 4 or 5 games.

However, im not sure how easy it is for the FA to prove a dive. Anyone remember Eduardo's dive for Arsenal against Celtic in CL few years ago? Won the penalty that knocked Celtic out. UEFA tried taking action against him but because one angle didn't 100% show he dived he was let off. Regardless of the other camera angles.

That sounds like a plausable idea, but you'd still have teams that would be seen off during the game.

Take tge handball for instance. Ref asks becchio if he handled. Becchio says no. We don't get the penalty we should and Leeds still screw us for a point.

Hopefully if this rule was to be implied then it would be the resurrection of the beautiful game.