Cheats in football

I have very much lost a lot of my love for the beautiful game and I don't think I would be greatly interested if it weren't for Sheffield Wednesday.

The reason? Take last night as a prime example. Luciano Becchio. If you can't get your head to the ball let's throw a hand in and hope the officials and their white sticks don't see. El Hadji Diouf. One of the most dispisable characters ever to play football. Breathe on him and he'll fall to the floor likes he's been shot. This kind of play acting is taking the ability to win a game from the better team and it really wee wees me off. It's cheating. No two ways about it.

Add last night to a long string of Louis Suarez dives, trying to talk officials into making a decission, Bale's dive amongst others in the prem each week and it makes for really angry viewing. Last weekend, whilst watching Barnet I witnessed a young lad Cowan-Hall from Plymouth dive to get a free kick in which he eventually scored indirectly from. After the dive I was yelling at him calling him a cheat and after he scored he blew me a kiss! Cheeky rogerer! It was funny, but he looked at me as if I was the one in the wrong!

I really don't want to lose my love for football as it has been such a major (about 95%) of my life, but I can't help but feel really angry and sad when a player cons a referee into making the wrong decission.

So where do we go from here? Is there anything that we ass fans can do? I would suggest that each club has a dedicated person to study each match and report ANY form of cheating whether it be players talking to the ref, showing imaginary cards or diving, even if it didn't turn out to be a major decission. Is that going to far? Is there anyway we could start a petition to punish cheats in football? If so, who would we send it to?

What are your thoughts?

Guest foreverSWFC

Last nights Leeds display was disgusting.

Diouf whining all game, diving with the slightest bit of contact, a despicable human being.

Becchio for the most blatant handball I've ever seen, cheat and a disgrace he should be banned for it.

Brown a dirty little stinky flaps, two blatant kicks on O'Grady, he should have seen red at some point, but unfortunately we had an incompetent referee again.

Warnock for sending his players over to clap their vile supporters? Bang out of order and classless.

Then don't get me started on the fans, never seen anything like it. Cretins.

I absolutely detest Leeds and after last night will never ever have a shred of respect for them ever again. Vile stain of a club.

The only way it is ever going to change is if it comes from within the club itself and lets face it that isn't going to happen is it.

Surely though if, as fans, we were to voice our opinion in large numbers about how this is ruining the game we all love so dearly, then something could be done. It's not as if there are no cameras in Premier League matches is it?! If there was a rule that you've been seen blatantly diving whether it be on the half way line or in the penalty box then you'll get a hefty fine and a 3 match ban or something similar then surely it would encourage players to stay on their feet?

I have very much lost a lot of my love for the beautiful game and I don't think I would be greatly interested if it weren't for Sheffield Wednesday.

The reason? Take last night as a prime example. Luciano Becchio. If you can't get your head to the ball let's throw a hand in and hope the officials and their white sticks don't see. El Hadji Diouf. One of the most dispisable characters ever to play football. Breathe on him and he'll fall to the floor likes he's been shot. This kind of play acting is taking the ability to win a game from the better team and it really wee wees me off. It's cheating. No two ways about it.

Add last night to a long string of Louis Suarez dives, trying to talk officials into making a decission, Bale's dive amongst others in the prem each week and it makes for really angry viewing. Last weekend, whilst watching Barnet I witnessed a young lad Cowan-Hall from Plymouth dive to get a free kick in which he eventually scored indirectly from. After the dive I was yelling at him calling him a cheat and after he scored he blew me a kiss! Cheeky rogerer! It was funny, but he looked at me as if I was the one in the wrong!

I really don't want to lose my love for football as it has been such a major (about 95%) of my life, but I can't help but feel really angry and sad when a player cons a referee into making the wrong decission.

So where do we go from here? Is there anything that we ass fans can do? I would suggest that each club has a dedicated person to study each match and report ANY form of cheating whether it be players talking to the ref, showing imaginary cards or diving, even if it didn't turn out to be a major decission. Is that going to far? Is there anyway we could start a petition to punish cheats in football? If so, who would we send it to?

What are your thoughts?

Completely agree. Not just last night. football throughout the world is riddled with it. It is ruining the game. How many times do you see players go down "injured" only to get up as soon as the ball goes out or their team wins possession. It is now totally ingrained into a football brain to cheat wherever possible.

Its embarrassing seeing grown men rolling on the floor after being barely touched by another player.

Surely though if, as fans, we were to voice our opinion in large numbers about how this is ruining the game we all love so dearly, then something could be done. It's not as if there are no cameras in Premier League matches is it?! If there was a rule that you've been seen blatantly diving whether it be on the half way line or in the penalty box then you'll get a hefty fine and a 3 match ban or something similar then surely it would encourage players to stay on their feet?

Sadly referees don't help either. Remember vs wolves when Antonio was fouled in the box but tried to stay on his feet and the referee gave nothing.

Guest Warren Hobhead

I really think it's time the F.A started giving out fines and other punishments retrospectively when there's absolutely no doubt that they cheated.

But to do that they would need to grow a spine and I just can't see it happening anytime soon. I wonder if they will take action against Diouf or just against my new hero Miguel Llera. Glad he put them to in their place.

Sadly referees don't help either. Remember vs wolves when Antonio was fouled in the box but tried to stay on his feet and the referee gave nothing.

I do agree, however I do think a referee's job is not made easy by players acting up. I think they expect so much nowadays the rule of "If you feel a touch in the box, go down", so when someone's playing honest they won't give anything.

Vile

Our players are at it too though, I've seen Madine, Antonio, Batth (last season when he was with us) all go down for being slightly caught in the face rolling about like its a serious injury.

Antonio when he realised he wasn't going to get a free kick when the ref came near him quickly jumped up and started remonstrating with him.

If it was a Friday night down the pub youd be embarrassed going down like that.

Even Kirkland yesterday went down and yes I know it was an unexpected shove but if that happened in the street to anyone would they really go down on the floor for 5 minutes and need medical treatment?

It's all play acting, it's all wrong and the F.A need to be dishing out retrospective punishment I.e 3 game bans and fines of the maximum 2 weeks wages and it'll soon stop.

I coach young kids at the school and I see it in one or two of them..... they're 9!

Most of them are ok, but there's one who doesn't pass, gets the arse if he's losing and cheats at everything! At one point I was reffing and when I gave a throw in to the opposition, he threw the ball down and wagged his finger at me in disgust! HE'S 9 YEARS OLD!!!

To me, if this is the future I don't want any part of it. Kids see the cheating and see it as part of the game. Nip it in the bud while we still can!

Our players are at it too though, I've seen Madine, Antonio, Batth (last season when he was with us) all go down for being slightly caught in the face rolling about like its a serious injury.

Antonio when he realised he wasn't going to get a free kick when the ref came near him quickly jumped up and started remonstrating with him.

Even Kirkland yesterday went down and yes I know it was an unexpected shove but if that happened in the street to anyone would they really go down on the floor for 5 minutes and need medical treatment?

It's all play acting, it's all wrong and the F.A need to be dishing out retrospective punishment I.e 3 game bans and fines of the maximum 2 weeks wages and it'll soon stop.

Here's an exception though. If he didn't hit the deck do you think that little shuffleer who assaulted him would get as harsh a punishment? Do you think there would've been as big a fuss?

What are your thoughts?

I have thought and thought about this for a while now.

All i can come up with is

I hate the game, really really hate the game.

The majority of people that run it, and the majority of people playing (for want of a better word) it.

Actually the word playing is quite apt, because most of the people are doing just that, playing at it.

Absolutely our payers do it too although i think some sides are worse for it like Leeds last night.

Can't agree about kirkland though. I should imagine the shock of being attacked by a fan played a part. Completely different to pretending to be injured after a fair tackle. Watching the replay i would imagine it actually hurt him too.

For those people who aren't chavvy thugs, getting hit in the face like isn't something your used to. The way he fell over after that didn't look put on at all. Sure, it wasn't a full on punch, but there was certainly a fair amount of force behind that shove right in his face, especially when you aren't expecting it.

Can't believe some people on here.

For those people who aren't chavvy thugs, getting hit in the face like isn't something your used to. The way he fell over after that didn't look put on at all. Sure, it wasn't a full on punch, but there was certainly a fair amount of force behind that shove right in his face, especially when you aren't expecting it.

Can't believe some people on here.

I'm not saying it wasn't with some force Kirkland got pushed in the face don't get me wrong and he wasn't cheating in any way, I'm just saying if that happened on a Friday night would you be on the floor for 5 minutes needing medical treatment?