Credit to Dave Jones

Guest chuckie4570

Only just found out about him working in care homes while I was searching for the book online. Cheers for the info mate, never really knew much about it and if there was any truth in it etc.

Dread to think what it must be like for Jones at games like this, subject to the abuse from 1000's of fans while he can do nothing but stand on the touchline hoping his team delivers.

Can't be easy but shows the measure of the man really, it'll nver fully go away and DJ knows that better than anybody, but he's clearly not the sort of bloke to let it beat him.

Definitely have a read of the book if you can get hold of it, it's not all just about the court case, some good stories from his football days and some good input from the family, decent read.

Guest FanthamOfTheOpera

Credit to Warnock too, it has to be said

For what?

For saying Kirkland "went down like a ton of bricks"?

For saying the Leeds support "apart from one moron were excellent"?

If anything tonight finally proved once and for all that he isn't some colourful, comedy character for us all to chuckle at. He is a nasty, abysmal human being with a completely detached view of reality. Hope he rots in hell.

For what?

For saying Kirkland "went down like a ton of bricks"?

For saying the Leeds support "apart from one moron were excellent"?

If anything tonight finally proved once and for all that he isn't some colourful, comedy character for us all to chuckle at. He is a nasty, abysmal human being with a completely detached view of reality. Hope he rots in hell.

Detached?

For me he was pretty clear in damning the idiot who hit Kirkland. At the end of the day he's the Leeds boss, he's hardly likely to want to risk alienating his own fans, same way Dave Jones didn't mention the section of the North chanting about Leeds fans getting stabbed.

Although I will accept that he was out of order for saying that Kirkland when down like a ton of bricks, and he probably regrets it. The same way DJ probably regrets calling ALL Leeds fans vile animals.

Nowt wrong with questioning jones when the team loses six on the spin. It would be odd not to. I don't think people actively want him out they just want success. Not sure how this has turned into an owl vs owl thread in some ways.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest FanthamOfTheOpera

Detached?

For me he was pretty clear in damning the idiot who hit Kirkland. At the end of the day he's the Leeds boss, he's hardly likely to want to risk alienating his own fans, same way Dave Jones didn't mention the section of the North chanting about Leeds fans getting stabbed.

Although I will accept that he was out of order for saying that Kirkland when down like a ton of bricks, and he probably regrets it. The same way DJ probably regrets calling ALL Leeds fans vile animals.

No. Not having it. Sorry.

According to Warnock, the Leeds fans were ALL "excellent" with only ONE exception. He sent his players over to applaud them, such was the fabulous job they'd done of supporting their team. His "ton of bricks" comment was not spur of the moment, he'd already done other media interviews by that point and had plenty of time to compose and articulate his thoughts. It was said with a very clear, very deliberate agenda behind it.

So angry about this I physically cannot sleep. Don't remember the last time football made me feel this way. Probably never. I hope to God they don't get away with this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-appalled-and-embarrassedas-one-utter-moron-spoils-our-fightback-8219011.html

Just been reading his blog for The Indie. Think he's comparing apples and oranges a bit with his remarks about the chants directed at him. It's one thing to be called a peadophile and another to be called a bishop basher.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-appalled-and-embarrassedas-one-utter-moron-spoils-our-fightback-8219011.html

Just been reading his blog for The Indie. Think he's comparing apples and oranges a bit with his remarks about the chants directed at him. It's one thing to be called a peadophile and another to be called a bishop basher.

Should have its own thread? Warnock has a blog.

Good find.

The dilution of blame has already started. It will be six of one and half a dozen of the other, you watch.

All tat will happen is that the Leeds fan will be individually punished.

The Club will get away scot free.

I felt for Dave Jones last night. I really hope he can turn the tide and get this club back up and running. He is a good football man and has done wonders for this club already in such a short space of time. The abuse he received as an inoccent man last night was deplorable and yet the same fans sang proudly about Jimmy Saville. My opinion of Leeds has changed totally as a club last night. I was fairly ambivalent towards them but now I hope they rot. Vermin.

Guest JC Saviour

I'm fully behind this fella now. I had my doubts, but after tonights performance I'm sure we can kick on with him behind it.

In a way, I'm hoping what has gone on tonight might spurr us on to f*cking storm everyone in our path.

I'm exactly of the same opinion. The guy as gone up in my estimation. Really felt for him in that interview and you could see he was choked. He does have passion and not withstanding what happened to Chris Kirkland, the amount of verbal abuse DJ took from the scum of the earth was astonishing. On a final note and I have already mentioned this on another thread, quotes like 'Warnock is really a decent fella' and ' I quite like the guy' think he can change his spots. Well, I wonder what they are thinking now from under the stone they have crawled back under.

'