Danny Mayor?

Will he ever get a chance? What's the point in signing these players and not giving them a run in the first team? Surely he can't be playing that bad in training or whatever?

I don't get this but have seen it a few times on Owlstalk. He's a player for the future. Not quite ready yet but not far off. I'm all for these signings. Prior to Milan we could never afford to sign youngsters with a future ahead of them we signed has beens instead. Uninspiring journey men.

Granted Mayor is not far off the first team but we need to be patient with youngsters like him and Lavery. It's not simply a question of 'we signed him why isn't he playing'.

I don't get this but have seen it a few times on Owlstalk. He's a player for the future. Not quite ready yet but not far off. I'm all for these signings. Prior to Milan we could never afford to sign youngsters with a future ahead of them we signed has beens instead. Uninspiring journey men.

Granted Mayor is not far off the first team but we need to be patient with youngsters like him and Lavery. It's not simply a question of 'we signed him why isn't he playing'.

I'm definitely all for signing players for the future, but the first team HAS to come first.It's left us desperately short on the wing with us effectively only having Antonio and JJ

I'm definitely all for signing players for the future, but the first team HAS to come first.It's left us desperately short on the wing with us effectively only having Antonio and JJ

I agree with this also. We didn't quite get the balance right this summer- Or so it seems. First team has to come first but building for the future is something i hope we can do more of now we have the backing of MM too.

Mayor does have a lot of first team experience where as lavery as non

Surely at this age he needs games to develop? Whos to say someone is not ready.. we've all seen the likes of Bale & Oxlade Chamberlain.. Give the guy some games see what he can do ffs!

I really do think he'll get games this season.

But don't forget we have a squad of 25, and so with only 13 games gone so far, it would be hard to have given everyone an adequate run whilst still trying to achieve some of the positive effects associated with a settled side.

Unfortunately, in my opinion he is competing with JJ and Antonio for one position. OK maybe Antonio's form has dipped a bit, but both him and JJ are still ahead in the pecking order. Its a pity he isn't a right back, or a left back, or a right sided centre back, or a left midfielder or a striker. What I mean is, Danny Mayor not getting a game is the least of our problems

Unfortunately, in my opinion he is competing with JJ and Antonio for one position. OK maybe Antonio's form has dipped a bit, but both him and JJ are still ahead in the pecking order. Its a pity he isn't a right back, or a left back, or a right sided centre back, or a left midfielder or a striker. What I mean is, Danny Mayor not getting a game is the least of our problems

But maybe it would solve problems? Playing with 2 wingers doesn't work for us defensively this season, that's been proven.

Guest TheMassiveDude

It's a pity Danny Mayor isn't Terry Burton too.