madine vs bothroyd

these two seem extremely similar having watch both play and personally dont understand what bothroyd brings to the team that madine doesnt?

madine is everything bothroyd is apart from hes got a better attitude, faster in my opinion and loves the club ten times as much. obviously bothroyd will play as hes undroppable at the minute but i dont get this slating madine crap seen as all hes getting is ten minutes at the end of every game and that wouldnt make the best player in the world look good nevermmind madine so instead of getting on his back and slagging him off just get behind him and stick with him, the kids what? 22-23 something like that, he'll be a massive player for us in the future and i personally think if he doesnt drop his head and keeps his work up and stays out of trouble hes got a shot at an england call up. End of the day if bothroyd can get one madine can in a few years

thing is if people keep slagging him off, hes gonna hate the fans, hate the club and want to move and he'll grow to be an even better striker than he already is. I know its just the stupid minority putting him down but it will make him want to leave if they keep banging on about him and then people will realise what we've lost in a few years when hes a top championship striker

Lets be serious we all like Madine and we all think he's good but do you honestly believe he will get an england call up?

hes in early 20s, it takes 3 or 4 good seasons at a decent standard to get a chance, i believe he can one day

Madine a good player with a bright future, I think he should have a run in the side whether we are winning or losing - he's got potential. Only way to realise that is to play.

100% from me too, ive been saying the same all year, i think if he gets stuck in and stops all this big guy rounduns he could be one of the best english forwards in the country, and he's 100% ours, but who do we drop to make way?

100% from me again, my thoughts on JB are well documented but i cant see that happening any time soon, can you?

The thread title is Madine v Bothroyd and for me its Madine out of the 2 cos he's our player. No need to look deeper as the strikers are COG + 1 other at the moment.

Bothroyd is the better player on paper - and probably the better player in a team playing well, but what we need right now is people willing to scrap for a win, and who are 'in it' for the long haul. I don't care if Bothroyd hasn't even done anything wrong, he doesn't give the impression that he gives a throw, and that's what matters to me.

You only need to look at how COG is playing in the championship. Can't imagine many fans thought that would happen with the Rodri / Bothroyd / Maguire signings flying in over the summer.

Edited by townend_owl

If Bothroyd was doing what he was brought here to do it would make it more of a difficult decision but he isn't so I would go Madine (with COG), personally. But that isn't going to happen as I genuinely believe we are duty bound to play Bothroyd. Which if true I reckon will do more harm than good in the long run.

Edited by Almat