madine vs bothroyd

Bothroyd needed games to get himself match fit, and kicked off his Wednesday career with 3 games in 8 days, culminating with him being booed off the pitch against Bolton.

I think we saw a much better Bothroyd against Wolves and certainly so against Burnley, and so it could be said he'd reaped the benefits (fitness wise) of those initial three games. Hopefully he's kick on from here.

As for Madine, he is, and I'm sure will continue to be, a very important player for us. He's talented, that's for sure, and I'm sure his chance will come this season, but for now, it seems to be Bothroyd that DJ is focussing on. He's hoping he can bring to the team a little of what he brought to his Cardiff team, and surely no-one can begrudge him for trying that, and it has only been 5 games for him so far (and he's showing improvement too, let's not forget).

We'll see how long DJ gives Bothroyd in the team before he starts performing. After five games though, I'll keep my faith in DJ's decision to stick by Bothroyd. If he's struggling after 10 games, then I'd expect other strikers (and not just Madine) to be getting a fair crack at it.

Bothroyd needed games to get himself match fit, and kicked off his Wednesday career with 3 games in 8 days, culminating with him being booed off the pitch against Bolton.

I think we saw a much better Bothroyd against Wolves and certainly so against Burnley, and so it could be said he'd reaped the benefits (fitness wise) of those initial three games. Hopefully he's kick on from here.

As for Madine, he is, and I'm sure will continue to be, a very important player for us. He's talented, that's for sure, and I'm sure his chance will come this season, but for now, it seems to be Bothroyd that DJ is focussing on. He's hoping he can bring to the team a little of what he brought to his Cardiff team, and surely no-one can begrudge him for trying that, and it has only been 5 games for him so far (and he's showing improvement too, let's not forget).

We'll see how long DJ gives Bothroyd in the team before he starts performing. After five games though, I'll keep my faith in DJ's decision to stick by Bothroyd. If he's struggling after 10 games, then I'd expect other strikers (and not just Madine) to be getting a fair crack at it.

How much of his reported £40k weekly wage do you think we are actually paying? 20%? Do you honestly think QPR have just given him to us whilst still picking up the majority of his wages and told us to play him when we want? They want rid of him so he needs to be in the shop window. Just not their shop window....

Edited by Almat

so you'd play Madine and COG?

Yes for reason stated earlier in the thread. Madine is our player. As I've said on other threads I think that GM could be good sitting just behind COG and driving in feeding off second balls. The idea of two big lads used to fight for long balls leaves me cold. Surely this season has proved that that is not the way to get the best out of COG anyway..... perhaps the same could be said for GM.

Nothing against JB but he'd not showing anything better than GM so far. I reckon that the way COG plays he can bring out the best in his strike partner..... possibly even Rodri too for that matter.

How much of his reported £40k weekly wage do you think we are actually paying? 20%? Do you honestly think QPR have just given him to us whilst still picking up the majority of his wages and told us to play him when we want? They want rid of him so he needs to be in the shop window. Just not their shop window....

If that is the case then that doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Why we having a debate about the worth of two our players. Seriously, what will it achieve?..

Lets be reyt about this both players are part of a collective squad which is working hard together to improve and move our club forward. Thus, they are both equally important to our club and us as fans.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Bothroyd will start unless he's injured thats obvious!!! Id love Madine to be guaranteed a run of games too to give the lad a chance to settle into it himself....not going to happen at the moment unfortunately . Having said that Bothroyd will score Saturday in fornt of the kop put his hand to his ear take the applause and everything will be just rosy in the Wednesday garden once more!!! :biggrin:

I give up............... :ghoulguy:

Does that mean I've won?

Seriously though, what is really wrong with the idea of Bothroyd coming here on subsidised wages with the plan that his performances make him attractive to would-be-buyers?

MM has stated before (after the Marshall and Antonio fiascos) that for any loans coming to the club, there'll be a deal in place to take them on permanently (obvioulsy this doesn't apply to Barkley!) should we wish to, and since presumably whether we wish to sign them or not is dependent on how they play then the plan is a high quality player comes in, plays well and makes a difference and then we sign them permanently, if not he goes back. A kind of try-before-you-buy type of deal. Seems pretty good to me.