Joe Mattock

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-we-can-turn-it-around-joe-mattock-1-4982297

Mattock also contrasts the mood at Hillsborough with that at Bramall Lane when he was on loan at Sheffield United for the last four months of their Championship relegation season, in 2011.

“There’s a big difference, a lot more support, from what I noticed,” says the ex-West Brom defender. “On the Wednesday side the fans are immense; there’s such a big following; I didn’t realise until the first game of the season [at Derby], where the crowd was epic.

“At Sheffield United a lot of the players were quite down; a lot aren’t there any more. They were all good lads but you weren’t sure whether some of the players didn’t want to be there.

“I was on loan, so I just had to do my job, which I always do.

“With the lads here in our changing room, it’s much better. They’re a good group of lads. There’s no doubt we can stick together and get that all-important win.”

lol

Maybe if mattock didn't get sent off one week then give away a pen the next we might be in with a shout

Yes, because that was definately a penalty wasn't it?!

Great interview by the way. Still sounding positive, and stuck the boot in to our little sisters from across town.

Edited by eckington owl

Didn't really do much wrong against Wolves to be honest. Looked solid defending and made a few good tackles.

Can just remember one occasion he got beat too easily - should have put a tackle in outside the box.

Should have tried to get forward more, but as with JJ they were both clearly under orders not to run forwards.

Edited by nebneeb

Didn't really do much wrong against Wolves to be honest. Looked solid defending and made a few good tackles.

Can just remember one occasion he got beat too easily - should have put a tackle in outside the box.

Should have tried to get forward more, but as with JJ they were both clearly under orders not to run forwards.

Completely agree.

Just shows us what happens when you play players in their natural position!!