Key moments at Wolves. That first half. Bad play or bad luck?

Deffo a penalty. Shown up close on tv no doubt about it. Bottled or missed by ref. Could have been 1-0

COG misses sitter soon after. No power on close range header. Could have been 2-0

Ref misses awful foul on Bothroyd so allows Wolves attack.

Injuries. Would Buxton/Lee have given the foul away? If JJ had been on the wing would Wolves have attacked so much?

Free kick debacle. Why should teams be punished for attempted cheating by opposition?

Just one decision goes the Owls way and the result could have been very different

We competed in the first half, equalling Wolves all over the pitch up until that free kick debacle.

A penalty in the first 5 minutes for us should have been given, Antonio was clearly impeded by Ward, but the pundits at half time said that "he should have gone down straight away", sorry pundits, we don't cheat, it was apparent that Antonio was knocked off his balance and a penalty should have been awarded

The header, half bad luck, half sitter. O'Grady misjudged the flight and distance of the ball, but he should have chucked himself at the ball.

Guest Nejc_Pe�nik

I couldn't understand that. Are they the rules or was the ref in the wrong?

Why are people even debating this.

He took the way too early, so he got booked.

I think the ref has to give the player permission to take a quick freekick.

He didn't and Sakho just took it - hence why he got booked.

Seems decidedly unfair that we got punished for this, but then that doesn't excuse our pathetic excuse for a wall.

they took a quick free kick, it was their choice, no idea why the ref felt he had to book the player and then make him retake!

Should have been a goal kick, even booking their player was stupid

What was even more stupid was the referee allowing them to re-take it. The booking was harsh, but you're never allowed to take a set piece before the referee allows it to be taken.

We had that free kick minutes before in the exact same place but Barclay tried to clear the wall and ballooned it. Maybe their kid saw that and used kidology trying to chip the first when we weren't ready, knowing he'd have to retake it and when we all expected a chip he blasted it low which Barclay should have done, you've got to be good to get it up and down from there. That's what I thought at the time anyway.

Antonio stonewall pen, COG stonewall sitter either of which may have got us a result, poor as we were again.

The problem with the "stonewall" penalty is that Antonio bounced straight back up and played on without appealing, which would have been sufficient to put doubt in the ref's mind as to whether it was a pen. If it looks like the player who was fouled didn't seem to think it was a foul, the ref is going to look like an idiot if he gives it. If Antonio had stayed down, it gives the ref the decision to make. So even though it should have been a penalty Antonio's reaction actually made the ref's mind up.

The key moment from the Wolves match which I came home with was ....

Official shots on target: 0

and yet I'm sure everywhere lists that we had 1 shot on target. strange that.

I couldn't understand that. Are they the rules or was the ref in the wrong?

The ball was never in play. for so kicking it anywhere doesn't make a difference. the ball only comes into play again when the referee instructs so.

If the referee instructs that it comes into play early as soon as a player puts it down, then they can take a quick freekick, if he asks them to wait for the whistle, then that's what they must do.

The booking was for not following his instructions. But if he wanted to turn over the decision on the freekick and give it to us instead he probably could have done. It's a strange one, but ultimately the referee controls the game and did nothing wrong with his decision.

The fact is, we can't use the freekick debacle as an excuse when we could have easily stopped the freekick from being given and stopped the shot etc.

To look for reasons for failure isn't how you succeed, it's how you justify your failings.

The key moment from the Wolves match which I came home with was ....

Official shots on target: 0

Think we managed an impressive 1 attempt on target, which is still 4 or 5 short of what I consider the absolute minimum acceptable amount.

We did get our fair share of bad luck, which has happened once or twice already this season, but a lack of attempts on the other teams goal, suggests some really bad play.

A few positives compared to the previous game, but still beyond awful.