Underlying issues perhaps.......

It has struck me that over the course of the last few weeks that MM has been very very quiet about the results and once or twice DJ has avoided the press or at least sounded a little evasive when questioned by the press post defeat.

Got me thinking a little as to whether there is a little more in the thing about the transfers this summer then meets the eye. Is DJ really working with the players he wants to work with at the club as it has been mentioned on more than one occasion by reporters around the club that he is not responsible for all of the recruitment.

What would definitely strike me is that if he isn't are the players who are not brought in by him being given a really fair crack of the whip?

Always one for a good conspiracy theory if I'm honest but it would certainly make some sense as to a bit of the lack of unity on the pitch if it were the case but would he also not have known this prior to taking the role on or is this something that has come of late?

After what Megson said about signings like Uchechi and Kasnik last season, you have to raise an eyebrow when we make a signing from a nation like Slovenia as to who was responsible for making that decision.

Very valid point, I cannot see where the scouting came for that one especially when you consider Pecnic has not really pulled any trees up anywhere he's been.....more of a bit part player really.

Don't we come up with these theories every time a manager hits a sticky patch? Who knows, in modern football players are often scouted by different members of the staff Would imagine the manager always has the final say though In truth we've brought in some good players, some very good players My view is we've brought in too many though with little thought of how they might fit together Maybe an explanation was that Milan pulled the plug before the manager had all hiis pieces in place? One would have though, that by adding more than a dozen players to a squad that finished on a high achieving automatic promotion, we would at least see something resembling a team Whatever the reason it needs sorting and fast, or it spiral into something much worse

After what Megson said about signings like Uchechi and Kasnik last season, you have to raise an eyebrow when we make a signing from a nation like Slovenia as to who was responsible for making that decision.

And yet when we signed him, people said how it must show how much our scouting has improved, etc.. yet you can easily look at it in a more negative light that you have shined upon it.

Don't we come up with these theories every time a manager hits a sticky patch?

Normally I would agree with you. Supporters are always reaching for hysterical explanations at the slightest invitation.

But Megson said specifically that he had at least one player arrive that he had nothing to do with whatsoever.

They are my thoughts Trev, too many changes changed the dynamic of team Especially galling as not making too many changes and keeping momentum was the stated aim No matter, it's done now, all we have to do now is find the right players who can play with the fancy dans We seem to have fallen between two stalls

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Why would Milan want to pass comment if he is not worried about our situation. It's only some fans who are suggesting that there are problems which need resolving.

Whilst it was common knowledge that Milan was involved in bringing a player into the club last year whilst Megson was in charge, I really can't see MM having too much influence on the identities of players coming in. Surely a man of Jones reputation would not work under these conditions. Furthermore, surely a business man like MM wouldn't get in the way of a football man like Jones when it comes to decisions on the pitch.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Why would Milan want to pass comment if he is not worried about our situation. It's only some fans who are suggesting that there are long-term problems.

THIS

And it's a smaller number week by week who are flapping like John Inman when the rest of us know things are getting better (look at todays result for example)

Owlstalk Shop

Why would Milan want to pass comment if he is not worried about our situation. It's only some fans who are suggesting that there are problems which need resolving.

Whilst it was common knowledge that Milan was involved in bringing a player into the club last year whilst Megson was in charge, I really can't see MM having too much influence on the identities of players coming in. Surely a man of Jones reputation would not work under these conditions. Furthermore, surely a business man like MM wouldn't get in the way of a football man like Jones when it comes to decisions on the pitch.

And I'd go by the same notion to the latter part of your post, it just struck me that the question over recruitment and who is responsible for it has been raised a couple of times over the last few weeks......that did come across as being slightly odd if you're happy with all the playing staff at your disposal and especially if you have the final say on all players in or out.

THIS

And it's a smaller number week by week who are flapping like John Inman when the rest of us know things are getting better (look at todays result for example)

Not flapping and not panicking.....especially like John Inman. I posted earlier on that the result (if not the performance) was a marked improvement and believe it will come good once the side is settled.

Normally I would agree with you. Supporters are always reaching for hysterical explanations at the slightest invitation.

But Megson said specifically that he had at least one player arrive that he had nothing to do with whatsoever.

It was made very clear that Kasnik and Uchechi were on "6 month trials" rather than anything else. Mandaric is a very astute chairman - why would he force players on to his managers?

changed to much to soon ,all the steel we had is missing as such ,to many fancy dans with zero work rate for me

I know hindsight is wonderful but i think the team from last year,although not overtalented had the most wonderful neversay die attitude.

This team now is the totally opposite and must be put down to totally ripping apart last seasons side.

I know hindsight is wonderful but i think the team from last year,although not overtalented had the most wonderful neversay die attitude.

This team now is the totally opposite and must be put down to totally ripping apart last seasons side.

Hmmm.

Completely changing the team probably didn't help in this respect (although, frankly, of the players we owned I thought a only handful were good enough for the step up - shortsighted transfer policy from the previous manager IMO), but it think it was more a question of confidence. They expected to win, so even if 2-1 down with 2 mins left they'd go for it. The confidence that comes from that run has deserted us now, but we were pretty never say die against Millwall and Derby.