Thoughts, If MM wields the axe

Unfair.

DJ got us promoted out of the Pub league, his signings will take time to bed in and will come good in the end, he is a proven manager at this level and he will sort out our current problems given time.

Fair.

He took over a decent squad of players already on a high after a derby win, he made numerous debatable signings,he made very questionable team selections playing unfit and out of position players which upset the balance and spirit of the team, after five straight defeats needed to be moved on.

Thoughts

I'm not sure the extent to which fairness comes into it. If MM wields the axe, i'd think it'd be down to a gut feeling about whether or not DJ is up to it in the long run, and/or the other options.

If anyone else is on MM's radar, I'd expect them to have successful PL experience. DJ's championship credentials are very, very solid.

We've got to stick with a manager at some point and I'd rather it be a footballing manager like DJ, than one of the numerous hoofballers we usually hire.

Having said that, DJ will soon or later, have to admit he's signed some hasbeen crock defenders, bite the bullet and replace them.

It's all well and good giving them a few more games / losses to settle, but I knew Gardner & Taylor would be sh*te signing before they signed ... They'd still be at their previous clubs, if they weren't finished, so hopefully it will be sooner.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I am expecting Chairmans statement any time now....

Milan will verbally massage our scalps to whale music.

Everyone will go back in their respective boxes for another month.

I'd be quite disappointed if he is moved on. I even think us talking about him being moved on is quite disturbing to be fair. Yes, footballs a results business, but do we forget the 17 matches unbeaten? He's signed a lot of new players. They are all not going to come good in this short space of time ... Some never will, which is why he should be given the season ... Unless of course we are getting adrift at the bottom

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Did anyone really expect anything other than a defeat tonight?

We played a weakened Championship side against a weakened premiership side on their home turf.

It just shows that there is a lot of work to be done before we reach the heights that Southampton have- and the inconvenient truth for some of our fans is that this won't happen over night.

Dave Jones deserves time to build and I think he will be given this by Milan.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest kiltonowl

I'd be quite disappointed if he is moved on. I even think us talking about him being moved on is quite disturbing to be fair. Yes, footballs a results business, but do we forget the 17 matches unbeaten? He's signed a lot of new players. They are all not going to come good in this short space of time ... Some never will, which is why he should be given the season ... Unless of course we are getting adrift at the bottom

Agree with this..

Only thing to add is i'm not impressed by any of his signings.... yet..a few will need to come good quickly.

The only other reason to replace him would be if a manager like redknapp was interested...but thats not going to happen

Only thing to add is i'm not impressed by any of his signings.... yet..a few will need to come good quickly.

Really? McCabe is a very good player and will only get better, i saw lots of positives from lee aswell on saturday for a player that supposedly wasn't ready, Rodri also seems to have just natural talent he just needs time to settle imo, and kirkland imo is being made look bad by the defence and has pulled off some quality saves that have kept us in the game(e.g. oldham when 2-0 down, derby when 2-1 down), to add to the list i'd put Barkley on, maybe only a loan but still DJ has brought him to the club, their is still a couple who i see we can expect more to come from. Antonio can arguebly be added to the list aswell, megsom got him here on loan but didn't he only train with megsom for maybe 3days, didn't exactly stand out against sheff utd and then DJ came in and got the best out of him, who knows if megson would have done the same its soemthing we will never know

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Unfair to get rid or to even be talking about getting rid. DJ and the team need time but how much time? Eventually if we keep conceding and losing, inevitably the only way to rebuild team spirit and confidence and turning it around will be by bringing in a new man. I'd like DJ to stay be given time and to turn it around. I rate him as a manager and his record and experience speaks for itself but sentiment aside football is a results business and who knows how long DJ will get? Only MM knows, the man who brought him in and backed him with his own money. Have patience, one way or another things will turn around with or without DJ.