dint see this coming

Guest cypress hill

Guest cypress hill

after the high of last season.

abaht 3 more games and we'r a 1/4 of the way through the season. lol has got no idea about his best/first choce 11

back to what it really feels like to be a wednesday fan

grim times

grim times

They really are not Grim times at all pal, they might be heading that way if this run continues much longer, but folk are panicking far too much after 3 bad performances, need to be patient and we need that next win asap for confidence asap

Ffs sick of these doommongering threads now grim times were going to poo pooholes in the old 3rd division and getting thumped. We are in a tougher league by a mile and bedding in a whole new squad it's difficult for us to readjust to losing and being the second beat team on the pitch. But given time all will come right we'll obtain a mid table finish this season then push on playoffs next.

Ffs sick of these doommongering threads now grim times were going to poo pooholes in the old 3rd division and getting thumped. We are in a tougher league by a mile and bedding in a whole new squad it's difficult for us to readjust to losing and being the second beat team on the pitch. But given time all will come right we'll obtain a mid table finish this season then push on playoffs next.

me too

getting boring now

It isn't that bad...well not yet anyway.

On paper this is potentially a very decent squad, but the amount of changes has clearly had a detrimental impact upon the "team" so to speak.

Seems like we are starting from scratch, which is slightly odd when you consider how good we were last season, albeit in League One.

People should rest assured in the fact that we have a very capable manager at this level and, should he not be able to address the situation, a chairman who will act accordingly.

It isn't that bad...well not yet anyway.

On paper this is potentially a very decent squad, but the amount of changes has clearly had a detrimental impact upon the "team" so to speak.

Seems like we are starting from scratch, which is slightly odd when you consider how good we were last season, albeit in League One.

People should rest assured in the fact that we have a very capable manager at this level and, should he not be able to address the situation, a chairman who will act accordingly.

Agree with all that

The changes we have had to the starting eleven mean it's almost literally starting from scratch every game...

Owlstalk Shop

I presume that's a rhetorical question?

I'm not doubting his ability- just saying I was surprised he was given the responsibility, and I wondered whether there's been a conversation regarding set pieces/penalties between amours and DJ.

You presume right....takes a bit of bottle to step up and take a pen in front of the kop. If he's the confident one then I say let him do it.

You would hope that they'd discussed it it training as I didn't see anyone else discussing it with him on the pitch.

Either way, he scored, someone made a good choice letting him take it.

As for the OP, I will leave it until Christmas to decide if the season is looking likely to be a success or not. I would have taken 12th place with a positive goal difference at the beginning and still would.

I think after two away defeats we were looking to put things right at home, and DJ challenged his players to win them both. Forgetting the cup match we have five tough looking games coming up. It's too early to panic but we do need to start turning things round sooner rather than later otherwise the fact is we'll have that familiar bottom three feeling.

Although we conceded five again this week and nobody thought much to Taylor there were some signs of looking tighter at the back. For me we are not creating enough/ anything in the final third, relying on corners, long throws and free kicks which are easily dealt with at this level. In two games this week I can hardly remember us carving out any clear cut scoring opportunities with pace,skill, whatever and this applies to the four games we have lost.

I'm sick of losing already and just hoping the squad really is as good as we thought it was. I'll take a draw at Wolves for starters.

This division is a constant learning curve for teams; having to adapt to new challenges almost weekly and how competitive every team is so they can get into the big time. Us fans can't start getting into the mind set of seasons past where we'd be struggling against teams like Stockport and Exeter. We've had a few bad results...yes. Now lets chill out and get behind the players at the next match so the know the MASSIVE is with them and not against them.

Question - is Dave Jones selecting players for the starting 11 because he HAS to ? (e.g does the loan contract stipulate that these players HAVE to start ?)

This is what I think and hoped has happened.

I think it's happened because its the only explanation for the buzzard team selections.

I hope it's happened because the players getting dropped will know its not related to their performances.