Fair on Miguel Llera?

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Alan Biggs ‏@AlanBiggs1

Pick the bones out of that - Dave Jones certainly did. Said dropped Llera because "costing me too many goals" & threatened more changes.

Well we have conceded 2 goals in every game bar Fulham and the only constants are Beevers and Kirkland...wonder if he will change these?

I'm not sure it's fair just to pick out Llera tho like that.

Guest intercity0wl

Alan Biggs ‏@AlanBiggs1

Pick the bones out of that - Dave Jones certainly did. Said dropped Llera because "costing me too many goals" & threatened more changes.

Well we have conceded 2 goals in every game bar Fulham and the only constants are Beevers and Kirkland...wonder if he will change these?

I'm not sure it's fair just to pick out Llera tho like that.

Just one of his many baffling team selections

Harsh.

No need to slam a good servant to the club in such a public fashion.

Not a great way of fostering a team spirit in my humble opinion.

Agreed.

Llera has given everything for this club and doesn't deserve to be publicly slated. The idea that our defensive woes are soley down to him is ridiculous.

Agreed.

Llera has given everything for this club and doesn't deserve to be publicly slated. The idea that our defensive woes are soley down to him is ridiculous.

DJ would do well to remember who played a pivotal role in securing our promotion last season during the start of his tenure with us.

Llera bagged the decisive goal in two or three games.

Dave Jones was critical of many players tonight

He didnt' hold back in the press conference - said it how it was/is

Also said that the players AND HIMSELF can and will take criticism in the press etc

He then also went on to say that he is working with a FANTASTIC group of players, and that the danger is that we are going to forget all the good things about them if everyone focuses just on the negatives and the risk with that is that it then becomes a hard slog with players thinking negatives.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Sheff Owl

It's fine behind closed doors telling players but in public and just one of them is wrong.

Like i said Beevers and Kirkland then next?

Edited by Sheff Owl

It's fine behind closed doors telling players but in public and just one of them is wrong.

It wasn't just one of them ??

He criticised a number of players

Then went on to say how the buck starts with himself and his training staff

And also went on to say how brilliant the squad of players are that he has

Owlstalk Shop

DJ is definately ruthless I'll give him that!

Look at Ryan Lowe for example. And now it seems like he might start phasing Llera and even Semedo out.

Think his ruthlessness might cost us though.

this

Harsh.

No need to slam a good servant to the club in such a public fashion.

Not a great way of fostering a team spirit in my humble opinion.

this

Agreed.

this

DJ would do well to remember who played a pivotal role in securing our promotion last season during the start of his tenure with us.

Llera bagged the decisive goal in two or three games.

and this.

Dave Jones was critical of many players tonight

He didnt' hold back in the press conference - said it how it was/is

Also said that the players AND HIMSELF can and will take criticism in the press etc

He then also went on to say that he is working with a FANTASTIC group of players, and that the danger is that we are going to forget all the good things about them if everyone focuses just on the negatives and the risk with that is that it then becomes a hard slog with players thinking negatives.

If they are fantastic then why does he feel the need to publicly slate individuals to the press? Especially ones who have provided crucial goals and been all and out good servents to the club.

If they are fantastic then why does he feel the need to publicly slate individuals to the press? Especially ones who have provided crucial goals and been all and out good servents to the club.

He wasn't slating Llera

He was stating why he'd not started tonight

Especially ones who have provided crucial goals and been all and out good servents to the club.

Apparantly (read the Madine thread for examples) that doesn't matter

Owlstalk Shop

How the flip COG and Llera were on the bench was beyond me.

Mattock who I don't have a problem with as he did his best but was woefully exposed playing on his wrong side. That said he couldn't even make a three yard pass with his right.

Bothroyd was utter dogshiit. Sorry, I wanted to be impressed but there you go.

Taylor looks to have something about him but erratic tonight.

Madine I like, but if he keeps going over as frequently as he does he will end up with a Cauliflower ar5e...!

Edited by 33

Guest Sheff Owl

It wasn't just one of them ??

He criticised a number of players

Then went on to say how the buck starts with himself and his training staff

And also went on to say how brilliant the squad of players are that he has

Well he has just picked out Llera there is that fair?

Not seen any other names mentioned or have i missed something?

I know he said about Keiran Lee but he hasn't started a game so obviously not ready/up to it yet.

Not seen him mention anything about Beevers and like i said he has been a constant through the goals being conceded.

Has taking Llera out proven a point tho tonight?

I know there is "no sentiment in football", but this has probably annoyed me nearly as much as the result tonight.

Llera just comes always comes across as a really good, genuine and honest bloke who gives his absolute all to the cause.

He might not be up to it at Championship standard, time will tell - but I don't agree with publicly slating players and fail to see how it can be anything but a negative.