Fair on Miguel Llera?

Guest Sheff Owl

Unfortunately, we have several defenders, including Llera, who are struggling to cut it at Championship level, swapping 1 defender will not make a difference and you can't single out any individual as the main problem.

Beevers, Llera, Reda, and several others have been found wanting defensively, this division is a bigger step up than we may have thought and I just dont think we have the defenders in the squad to sort this problem out, may take a few loan signings i'm afraid.

Edited by leea8331

Guest totemowl

I wouldn't mind seeing Llera given a game in the Semedo role.

You've chosen a bad thread to post this in. Be prepared to incur the wrath of those who say we shouldn't be playing players out of their normal position.

Guest Bald Owl

I'm just glad we got Taylor, at least Big Mig will always have someone to clean his boots for him because he has no worries of getting back in the side if he gets anymore games for us, which if DJ is that ruthless he will show Taylor the door were he walked in last week.

Personally i would have Llera in before any of the other centre backs purely on what he can give us going forward at present.We are leaking goals left right and centre but at least him and Reda give us things going forward.

^^^^^^^^ This! No point putting a 'stopper' in who can't stop. Might as well play 'a footballer' who might do something the other end of the pitch.(ie. beat the first man with an inswinger rather than hit the first man with a 3 foot off the ground outswinger!)

So basically because all of our defenders are painfully incompetent and useless at the back, so we should play the ones who might score the goals at the other end to make up for their own mistakes?

Its a strange way to approach things, but until we get a half decent defender in ( Batth please ) it might be our best approach.

Guest andyofsheffield

Yes I must admit it's odd he didn't start.

I just wish DJ would pick his starting 11 and commit to it, especially where our defense is concerned.

Guest totemowl

Yeah

Instead point to all the glorious examples of it working currently...

Reda.

Do you want a long list from other clubs?

Edited by totemowl